Post your cocktails and wines! | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your cocktails and wines!

Pinot it is ! My chef playmate, who will also be here for dinner agreed, we'll serve the burgundy with the stew. The next question , will anybody know ?once all the onion, Thyme, rosemary and garlic go into the pot? I'll guess no.

I zipped into the LCBO to round out the beer selection for tonight, pre dinner beer being the safe choice if liters of wine are to follow, then $300 of wine jumped into my cart. There is no 'value shopping' but geez my LCBO local has a really great selection.

no one will notice. Burgundy is a region in France that grows mainly pinot noir grapes, so generally when someone refers to a wine as Burgundy they are usually talking about a pinot noir that came from that region.

Nobody noticed, everybody but my wife left in an Uber, I had to remind her twice she was already at home...…..

Reactions: J_F
3ZQWe8Dcsvab6SPWCQK3C_foXkXjKcPRE8r5szeMX6Ay5WZYOwooA8iQMQwRZYBgYuV3-hwmS50NO_s7R514vHsscIn0UczzcKm5_uXEl_xJYfOo9J_pIpD2y8WcmkgL0e6aEoE5GmaHR3bz6P6psIM1p0VMBXbIp5-jN206ECbFQJS29-g69onJ8L1_6JkdPbZU9ATvuLI5ITrrnSngj_Ti9238DOv8fio-w-D-Sy9vJrhd25GrFk34EFTGT8i9G9MZa5ipF-Cfb53BGKzTw7jFzRit9MvJTRPn4zduffw3fOqS5vzK-shFjV0yxzmSdF0ujp9MaiLuF04PwfCdIE24Is5lAcKsadhDY1xdzqEoQyPEll3owYIWfjUmdHohOzY4psJUH2YfLmkDqQIPFAwopsMrj3GdhQxzaXn89UMes48M3aIAFF14WSYrfEl55YrIdIWNisG7QfnhHHy6vUVHj4PXTCQAF0wr4pg4x21X6Qmt_Rz0s90pdAeZtuBhP4dxEIKqnr-ULvM5vcN8USVpkuX7scy2dCP1H8uJNryIfMdlucpsFqkkkDnT7sGmYxHaJhtGkdsXCY8fmkwptXBK6NY3E0Od-QXggGHkPwJu6sQAcb6HcwILALCR-SUXB4jzpHcn5eJjDCHfix5RrtLWHWQbiqtEEbeQADHjXPI-xBmrMkdHyoc=w493-h657-no

Arghh, I keep missing your pictures @mbroyda. Crap. What was it?

I'm deeply enjoying enthusiast white russian cocktails this Christmas weekend. 1.5 oz quality vodka, 1 oz Kahlua and one oz fresh whipping cream (~35%), unmixed. Sipped you get to sample the spectrum from boozy vodka to pure whipping cream and everything in between... with Kahlua too
wink.gif
; a striking balance. And indulgent. Here's a particularly impressive recent pouring picture.
attachment.php

Enjoy Christmas weekend and some good drinks/wines.

Last edited:
I just make these:
14b290f98cedd1645faef07c9df17b93.jpg

Edit:
Now why the hell did that post sideways???

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Nice Rocket in the background ?

thank you, I got it 4 years ago and it probably paid for itself a few times over, I really like this machine

I just have a Breville midrange espresso machine, before that was a Saeco. One of the best things I ever bought. Not in the price range of the rocket but still up there. I bring back beans from central america when I’m on holiday at around 15lbs or so at a time. Hardly ever buy coffee out. If the Breville ever breaks I’ll get a replacement immediately.

I tried roasting beans this summer from some green beans I bought in Panama. I used a hot air popcorn maker and tried it in a heavy saucepan too. Semi success with both except it created a huge mess with the chaff from the beans blowing all over the place. I’ll get a cheap roaster when I see one on sale.

I just have a Breville midrange espresso machine, before that was a Saeco. One of the best things I ever bought. Not in the price range of the rocket but still up there. I bring back beans from central america when I’m on holiday at around 15lbs or so at a time. Hardly ever buy coffee out. If the Breville ever breaks I’ll get a replacement immediately.

I tried roasting beans this summer from some green beans I bought in Panama. I used a hot air popcorn maker and tried it in a heavy saucepan too. Semi success with both except it created a huge mess with the chaff from the beans blowing all over the place. I’ll get a cheap roaster when I see one on sale.

We had a Saeco that was a workhorse, but Philips international bought them and discountinued parts availability Grrrr. We replaced it with a Gaggia superautomatic. ( My wife likes push button convenience) for the daily driver. I'm using an Ascaso on weekends for experimental coffees. I just bought a 35yr old Hardys Port at an silent auction that is my Saturday movie sip with a coffee chaser. I'm a big Port fan for an after dinner drink, believe it or not there is such a thing as too much red wine.

been drinking a lot of Napa wines lately, here is an interesting one that isn't too expensive (by Napa standards)

NIZtlAY.jpg

a little back story, I visited the winery when I was in Napa and a group of us booked a private barrel tasting, everything was really nice and we were trying a bunch of different wines, and then the girl that was doing the tasting leaves and returns with a bottle of their 1986 private reserve and proceeds to pour all 6 of us a generous tasting, so needless to say I have a bit of a soft spot for the winery

xpg4zzS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom