Post your cocktails and wines! | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your cocktails and wines!

Here's another great Ontario wine I recently had. I didn't get to it over the holidays as planned, but finally shared it recently.

Henry of Pelham Cuvée Catharine Rosé Brut.
https://store.henryofpelham.com/products/cuvee-catharine-rose-brut

attachment.php

Campari is a must have cocktail now for me. It balances everything posted. I've really been enjoying Campari and soda cocktails through the winter. The Americano slipped my mind until recently and wow, it's awesome. Simple too. I added the orange slice shortly after the picture when I remembered but either way this is a great cocktail. Cheers.
attachment.php

Kudos to those that enjoy icewines, I cant do it. Sweet isn't in my palete , its an interesting product but i'd rather an $9 argetinian bingo than ice wine. Not my bag. Luckily

7m2gwSW.jpg
Was rather nice and smooth.

Kudos to those that enjoy icewines, I cant do it. Sweet isn't in my palete , its an interesting product but i'd rather an $9 argetinian bingo than ice wine. Not my bag. Luckily

I think it’s a cleverly marketed way to use whatever would be wasted from a ****** short growing season and crappy climate. I’d rather drink a sherry or port if I’m going to have a bastardized fermented grape drink though.

I think it’s a cleverly marketed way to use whatever would be wasted from a ****** short growing season and crappy climate. I’d rather drink a sherry or port if I’m going to have a bastardized fermented grape drink though.

some of the late harvest stuff is pretty good, I wouldnt sit down and have a bottle of it with dinner, but a small glass with some good blue cheese is pretty damn good

some of the late harvest stuff is pretty good, I wouldnt sit down and have a bottle of it with dinner, but a small glass with some good blue cheese is pretty damn good
Isnt it intended as a "dessert" per say anyhow?

@crankcall. Thx on the icewine. Sorry to hear that sweetness isn't in your palate. I hope it's just for drinks and not all types of food. I definitely enjoy what sweetness brings to the taste experience.

Nice @mbroyda! Now you've got me thinking of have an Aperol spritz :). Such great flavours there.

There's some nice late harvest stuff out there. I enjoy them and icewines every once in a while and they're great. Many people use them as dessert wines @Rob Star. Here's some great actual info on ice wines and late harvest wines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_wine. It's been made for centuries.

Fresh limes are currently in season at my grocer, at great prices too. Made a gin and tonic cocktail here with a nice wedge of a fresh lime. Fresh limes here are worth it.
attachment.php

Last edited:
going out now to grab 2 bottles, going to serve it with portuguese sausage/kale/potato soup.

we plowed through a bottle at dinner, excellent Monday night wine. Think i may have a problem.....

Back
Top Bottom