For me, this forum was always more than just a place to talk about motorcycles. The motorcycle stuff is obviously what brought us here — the bikes, the routes, the rides, the mechanical discussions and everything that goes along with them.
But I always thought the community side of the forum was what made it a destination.
During the day, when we’re riding, we focus on, roads, skills, mechanicals, destinations etc. But when the bikes are parked and everyone is sitting around the campfire, the conversation naturally becomes about life — politics, work, housing, gardening, and whatever else happens to come up.
That community element is a big part of what kept me coming back, and I’ve enjoyed being an active participant.
With a vibrant part of the forum closed, GTAM won’t be quite the same destination for me, so I’m stepping away for now.
I trust GTAM will thrive as a place for people who want to talk motorcycles, riding and everything that goes along with it, but for now I’m gonna head off to explore some new destinations.
View attachment 80392
Maybe I’ll see you down the road!