Please stop me from selling my bike... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Please stop me from selling my bike...

black_CG2

Hey GTAM folks, I don't want to do this but I am forced to due my financial situation.

I have been laid off since May of last year and I have been working some jobs/contracts here and there. However, I could not just get back to my career and I might have to settle for lower paying work. Financially, I am debt free because I have always been very careful with credit. I do not know what is happening in my field but I need some time to figure everything out. Senior Business Analyst here with some project management background and insurance. I am good at selling too. Currently, I am working part time for a real estate portfolio company.

So if anyone has any connection in my field or anything related, please give me a shout! Don't let another rider to be forced to stop riding :(

Thanks guys!

How good at selling? Mina seems to be looking for car sales staff quite often. The right person can make a ton of money selling cars even if it's not the sexiest job title in the world.

with a business background and sales ability, yeah, I'd say get more into sales

check out a Company named Strongco, they're looking for a sales rep - east GTA
repping the Case brand of construction eqp...great brand, sells itself

edit: and keep the bike :)

I second that. The fastest path to a 6 figure income is almost always in sales (I don't mean retail selling -- call centers, cars, furniture, cosmetics). Not everyone is capable -- if you are it's a no brainer.

Do you know anyone working at Strongco?

And thanks for suggestions, everyone. Keep em coming.

Sorry to hear about that OP.... been there but not for such a long period of time. If the bike is sold can you hold off selling it? Maybe just stop insurance for a few months while things smooth out?

I second the sales route, technical/project sales is where it's at. Especially firms like SalesForce, IBM, and big firms like that. However, it's tough. Construction sales is also good as there's tons of projects but it's a hard slog to get up to speed. At least they pay a salary and then comm on top of that. Typically bonus structure, and car allowance is included. I've done it before and honestly miss it.

Outside of that can you give us some info on what you are looking for? Maybe that would help jar someone into remembering something.

I am open to anything as long its people oriented. I enjoy working with numbers and detail oriented. I have leadership and people convincing skills. Construction sales would be amazing to get into!

Getting some interviews. Some folks have also been super kind to forward me some of the opportunities. Please keep them coming. I really appreciate the help from GTAM community.

B2B sales is okay
F retail
no money
and you have eat a mile of sh*t for that small pay packet

when I was in that racket
I refused to chow turds for anything less than an executive salary

So that's a no to the chip truck business.
201805241326516735822.jpg

Last edited:
Unless it's a big franchise, ie McDonald's, Tim Horton's, etc. I wouldn't bother but it's entirely up to you.

Yeah. I know some people that have purchased franchises and they just seem to be working to pay their overlord while gaining very little in return. One I know of was told that business would break even in 8 months with 10 hours of their effort required each week. The last I talked to them, they were over two years, losing money every month and working 80 hour weeks to try to keep it afloat. As far as I can tell, the franchiser took a ton of money while providing almost nothing in return (and they were locked into a decade long contract so no way to escape other than bankruptcy). If it is a known winner (like McD's), that one thing, but then you are in the millions to get started.

Was 2 mil for a McD's a decade ago. Probably more now. Last franchisee I knew, shut down cause they lost big time in the year or so they were open.

How could you afford a franchise if you can't afford bike insurance?

I am looking into smaller franchises like A&W, Osmows etc. I would have to borrow from bank with some of my own cash. I appreciate the concerns though and they are valid. A friend of mine did lose some money on his first year. However, he is doing much better now and his store is appreciating in value.

@black_CG2 My company is currently hiring. Travel insurance industry. No sales but travel assistance for clients. No sure if this is something that interests you. Bilingual?

Cheers

You mentioned your experience of insurance. What specific industry? Was it auto/home or life or others?
If you get a RIBO licence, you can become an Auto/Home Insurance broker and if you do well, there are always plenty of opportunities coming up to own your brokerage...

Back
Top Bottom