Please stop me from selling my bike... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Please stop me from selling my bike...

Go get a job.

If you have computer skills and interpersonal skills you can get a good paying job in a gov't or corporate call center. These are typically entry positions however they pay around $40K to start, have great benefits and they open a world of opportunities. Telecom, Banking, Consumer goods, Insurance, Govt -- all these sectors are starving for people, they corporate centers use these as their pipeline pool for higher level jobs. These large companies employ thousands of people, they have tons of positions filled by people that started at the bottom and worked their way up -- most with little to no post secondary education.

The hours might suck but the the pay, incentives, benefits, training and most important the long term opportunity are pretty good compared to retail and production work. Be prepared to work hard for 12-18 months, then if you stick to your development plan you start moving forward with your career.
I am working 3 jobs man. Appreciate your words.

Woah! Hang in there. And don’t get too caught up in goals and achievements.

Find pleasure and happiness in the little things and shake off the bad. Or at least accept the bad as a teaching moment to make you stronger.

Gotta say that this is the best advice in this thread.

Every failure teaches more than the combined lessons of your successes. And you know what people love doing? Bragging about successes and making up ******** about their losses being wins (aka. "I had to lay er down cause I suck at riding but I won't admit this so I'll tell everyone how I avoided an accident by doing so")

Last edited:
Gotta say that this is the best advice in this thread.

Every failure teaches more than the combined lessons of your successes. And you know what people love doing? Bragging about successes and making up ******** about their losses being wins (aka. "I had to lay er down cause I suck at riding but I won't admit this so I'll tell everyone how I avoided an accident by doing so")
True... sort of. Learning from failure is something most successful people can do -- it not the outcome of failing itself.

Sadly, most that fail will not learn from their mistakes and will continue to fail, and fail, and ... those are the ones who disguise their failings as success. They do't get anywhere fast.

go get your AZ license...there are a TON of jobs for truck drivers...some pay minimum, while others pay a decent wage...if you're young with no family or mortgage, you can go long haul and make a ton of cash and see the country (US and/or Canada) as well for free...otherwise, become a city driver...GFS in Milton is ALWAYS looking for drivers...hard work because you're loading and unloading your own trucks with food supply stuff, but the pay is great...don't give up so easy...sometimes we have to try new adventures that will lead us to what we're truly called to do in life...

@black_CG2 there has been some very good advice here.
I second klr's words: $#!+ seems like it's the worst it can be, but you have to fight thru it, and you don't have to do it alone.
I didn't offer before, as you seemed to be looking for a certain line of work, but my place is hiring.
It's warehouse work, and the pay starts at $15/hr, but benefits after 3 months, steady work, M- Sat, days only, and long term is great. I've been with the company almost 25 years. We're in Vaughan.
If you are interested, pm me.
I can't guarantee you will get hired, but I can get you an interview. Fyi- there is a pre-employment drug test.
Oh, and who wants to be a doctor anyway? That's what all moms say.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

First ride of the season on my bike. Before anyone says anything, cheap but dot and Snell helmet. 4 year old jacket and gloves. Lovely ride today. Needed this therapy.
View attachment 39883

Hey man, good for you.

I ended up selling my 08 GXR750 + trailer to a good friend. Based on my budget tracking, I dumped $45,000~ within 4 years into the sport before I had a stable job. To be frank, I graduated with high honors and had scholarships/grants/OSAP bleeding everywhere so rather than be smart I got into this.

But then I graduated, found a well paying stable job. hated it so switched, then switched again, and finally realized I ******* hate the working world and the amount of ludicrous ******** and subjectivity (instead of objectivity.) So I sold the bike, and am pretty much out of the sport now because the bike I got from a friend blew up on me (don't buy cheap **** lol); my focus is now financial freedom ASAP.

I miss riding everyday, but I can't stomach the money it cost to kept "gitting gudder" at it. At the same time, I envy you.

Hey everyone, this thread needs an update!

I am still working part time real estate and amazon delivery driver, however, I got offered an operations role within Penske Trucking but the hours are **** (3:00 PM to 11:30 PM in Missisauga). Money is okay, still better than my other jobs. Funnily enough, I am also working for Canada Post as on call Letter Carrier. Personally, I find the job of a letter carrier/delivery driver extremely boring. I have not been able to make it back to my career yet. Penske might be helpful. As a little treat, I bought myself a new pair of summer gloves ($45 from gp bikes).

As I am doing multiple things, I am discovering more about myself. I cannot do boring jobs at all. I need to work with math, do analysis of things and read/research things and interact with people. From all these jobs, I enjoy real estate more than anything else.

Thank you for your support, everyone!

An 'operations role' at a trucking company usually means dispatching. Very little analysis and the only math will be time calculations. The only people you will interact with will be angry truck drivers and the only time you will talk to them is when there is a problem. From the description of your 'likes' this is not the job for you.

You sound more suited for real estate or something related where you can interact with numerous people for numerous reasons. Your analysis background can be very helpful in that field.

Whatever you do, good luck.

An 'operations role' at a trucking company usually means dispatching. Very little analysis and the only math will be time calculations. The only people you will interact with will be angry truck drivers and the only time you will talk to them is when there is a problem. From the description of your 'likes' this is not the job for you.

not gona lie, I agree with you. I am also studying more about finance and real estate, so that I can get my foot back in.

You were so right. This sucks ass. But it is paying bills and I can save. But no, definitely not for long term.

I’ve been following along and decided to post my 2 cents.
I have no real experience in the so called job hunt. I came from a family of entrepreneur contractors so low and behold that’s what I do.
Out of 25 years as a carpenter over 10 self employed.

But I do think we have something in common and that’s depression.
To most I do well. I have a house, I have two beautiful children, married my high school sweetheart, I have a toy car, and a motorcycle.
Financially I’m doing ok but at times I struggle to be happy and I don’t even know why.
I get frustrated that I can’t have a boat, a Jeep, that Klim riding gear.
It’s never enough and I get down, sometimes it’s dark.
I have come to the conclusion that the darkness has nothing to do with dollars.
It was there when I was broke and it’s still there now.
But find someone to talk to and work through it.

You seem very down and people get those vibes. This may be the reason for the long job search. You have to start somewhere. Try to focus on positivity and let go of the material hang ups because I can tell you now. Money will not end depression.

Back
Top Bottom