Philosophical question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Philosophical question

TK4

Another thread about getting coded keys cut prompted me to wonder.
Where do all the spare keys, tool kits and owner's manuals go when someone sells a bike ?
To the Land of One Sock ?

Mine went with the bike. I don't need more crap lying around.

Not sure how this is a philosophical question. I think it's more of a physical question. In my case, where I have forgotten to give the buyer all the crap that came with the bike/car/whatever, I throw it in the garbage. No need to have **** I'll never use laying around taking up space.

I try to keep it all in one place and send it on with the bike .
If I buy a bike that’s missing that stuff o haunt eBay and flea markets till I have a complete set .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

When I sell the bike and forget something that goes with it I typically email the buyer and let them know.

Most times they come pick it up. Otherwise…to the bin.

Oh wait, If I remember to, I just put it with the bike.

When I sell the bike and forget something that goes with it I typically email the buyer and let them know.

Most times they come pick it up. Otherwise…to the bin.
You just reminded me I still have a fender kicking around from a 1000SX. Time to let go I think

Snap I totally forgot....

2018 Honda CB500X Original seat for free to a GTAMer that may want it. I've got an updated seat which I like much more.

I knew a used car dealer that kept a five gallon pail of spare keys. IIRC on the older cars the trunk was different from the ignition. GM only made 999 different keys.

Re keeping stuff, imagine the restorers trying to find an original set of pipes to un-bob or un-cafe a classic.

Returning to motorcycles I bought a Sportster with abnoxiously loud pipes. I called a HD dealer and they told me I was a week too late. They threw out a dumpster full of new take offs I could have had for free. Buyers wanted them loud out of the door.

For a similar reason my last Goldwing came with three seats, the standard, a standard from a different year and an aftermarket that would have befitted a Clydesdale.

I was the poster of that thread, and this is the second bike sold to me this year with only one key. The bike I made the post about is dire because the cylinder is finnicky and also has an immobilizer so if this key breaks I am SOL.

So I too would like to know how the hell you people are losing keys to a motorcycle...

So I too would like to know how the hell you people are losing keys to a motorcycle...

If you have multiple bikes with multiple spare keys for bike, luggage and locks, they end up being stored all over the place. Unless you're organized, which I am not...

We sold Neda's bike last summer. Over the winter I found the spare key in one of my stash spots. Contacted the new owner who luckily is one of my co-workers. He was happy, but I did set the expectation when I sold the bike that I could only find one key.

Also, I tend to keep my bikes for a long time, so the stuff does get shuffled around quite a bit. That bike we sold was 9 years old and we've moved countless times since then.

Here I thought that I can finally use my edumcation to enlighten the wary traveler with the heading like that, ah well.

You buy anything from me, you're gonna get what you paid for and a whole lot more. Last dude walked out with winter tires, wheel barrow and a garden hose, along with the manual, spare keys, OEM muffler and the nasty undertail monstrosity.

I was the poster of that thread, and this is the second bike sold to me this year with only one key. The bike I made the post about is dire because the cylinder is finnicky and also has an immobilizer so if this key breaks I am SOL.

I leave one in the handy little keyholder on the dash and have no idea where the others end up over the years.

Sent from the future

Here I thought that I can finally use my edumcation to enlighten the wary traveler with the heading like that, ah well.

You buy anything from me, you're gonna get what you paid for and a whole lot more. Last dude walked out with winter tires, wheel barrow and a garden hose, along with the manual, spare keys, OEM muffler and the nasty undertail monstrosity.
Let's be friends!

I leave one in the handy little keyholder on the dash and have no idea where the others end up over the years.

Sent from the future
I usually scramble the morning of a ride to try and find a key. I always place them in a good spot so they never get lost.

I'm really good at hiding things...finding is the issue.

I've had a couple bikes with keys that seem like they were stamped out of tin. I could easily see them getting destroyed through use

Back
Top Bottom