paying for gas | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

paying for gas

I have more issue with the postal code nonsense in the US though I'm told the 3 Cdn numbers plus 2 zeroes is supposed to work.

Supposed to work? You've never tried? I have. Works every single time.

via Tapatalk

You have the right to speed up when someone is trying to merge into your lane.
You have the right to not hold the door open for the person walking behind you.
You have the right not to leave any tip to your waiter even though they've provided excellent service.
You have the right to leave the shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot when you're finished putting your groceries in your car.

You have the right to do many things that aren't technically illegal.

However, most times, when people are adamant about their "rights", it's actually to justify acting like a prick.
Nothing technical about it. You`re implying courtesy in all these things, because being courteous is the morally right thing to do.

How has this thread not been moved yet lol.

You missed his sarcasm.

Off to rr

Passing counterfeit cash is a thing these days.

You're right. I was passed a counterfeit $5 by the clerk at the Esso @ 6N + Old York once. Moral of the story: never trust clerks at gas stations, whether you're wearing your helmet or not.

You're right. I was passed a counterfeit $5 by the clerk at the Esso @ 6N + Old York once. Moral of the story: never trust clerks at gas stations, whether you're wearing your helmet or not.
You also have to trust they didn't just sell you a tank full of bad fuel dirt and water too.

You also have to trust they didn't just sell you a tank full of bad fuel dirt and water too.

I never bought gas there. In fact, I had never been there before.

I did buy gas there later that week. With a handful of $5s.

You have to punch in a zip code in the US for prepay with a CCard?
Just enter the 3 numbers of your postal code followed by 00. In my case its 91900. Never had a problem paying at the pump anywhere in the US I've travelled.

Supposed to work? You've never tried? I have. Works every single time.

via Tapatalk
Unless your postal code ends in zero, then it doesn't ever work. This is the U.S. banks' substitute for chip cards.

You know, I really enjoy that in Canada you can typically pump your gas and then pay for it after, and I sure hope we never go with the retail business model in the US of having to pay for fuel before you pump it because everybody is assumed to be a thief. I'm basically against anything that threatens the Canadian business model where our norm is to treat people as honest until proven guilty.
This retail model is already here in many parts of Ontario. Depending on time of day, location and station layout. An example is the 7-11 here in Orangeville where the outer pump island is always pay at pump, or pre-pay in store. The pump island closest to the store allows you to pump first and then go into the store to pay. Guess which one I use since I only use cash for gas purchases. I've also come across other places in Ontario where you must pay at the pump, or pre-pay in store before the pump is activated.

Husky is all prepaid.

Just use 90210 zip in the USA.

New Jersey gas stations are all full service, gets me every time.

Sent from the moon!

Back
Top Bottom