Paranormal Activity | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paranormal Activity

ToSlow

Site Supporter
Anyone got any activity they care to admit?

Saw some white lights in the sky moving in formation about 30 years ago at the family cottage.

They were over what was at the time a cow field and marsh on the north end of Scugog just before the river, so there was no plausible ground-based explanation, and things line drones and whatever didn't exist back then. There was about 3-5 of them and they moved in a very organized fashion.

The relative I was sitting with around a campfire at the time (probably 10-11pm) noped out hard and shot back into the cottage at warp speed. I wasn't too far behind.

No explanation to this day. Still firmly in my head however.

Last edited:
When i was younger, My mom was living in an old family home, Mom and i was sitting in the kitchen and we could hear the sound of a baby crying upstairs, Just about that time a neighbor came in the door and asked whos baby was that crying, Was nobody or baby in the house. I asked mom if it ever bothers her. Her answer was no one in that house would ever hurt us

After 56 years riding with no riding accident, I had a dream vivid enough to write it down in my blog at the time, April 2023, about getting hit from the right.
Forgot about it until I was merging the blog after having a very similar accident in June and breaking my leg and collar bone.

I rarely dream about riding tho I have vivid and sometimes memorable dreams ( had one today ). If I hadn't had the accident in June...would be just one of those odd vivid ones....woke me up and I told partner and wrote it in the blog in April.

Surprised when it turned up on the merge...no explanation tho I acknowledge there are a fair number of unexplained events in the paranormal field....have no belief in it but keeping an open mind. :unsure:

have no belief in it but keeping an open mind

I'm far from a UFO whackadoodle or anything, but I legit couldn't not, and still cannot explain my experience.

This is a (modern day) shot of the map area where the lights would have been over. The road in question was, at least at the time, a little sleepy country dirt road. It's now paved I believe, but still just a country road. Just a few farms and homes dot the area to this day.

1708833318941.png

I keep an open mind as well. I take everything I see and hear online UFO related with a huge grain of salt as most of it is nonsense, but I kinda refuse to believe that we are alone in the universe as well at the same time.

There's a few declassified US military cockpit videos out there that will sure make you think hard on the matter as well.

Open mind indeed.

I'm far from a UFO whackadoodle or anything, but I legit couldn't not, and still cannot explain my experience.

This is a (modern day) shot of the map area where the lights would have been over. The road in question was, at least at the time, a little sleepy country dirt road. It's now paved I believe, but still just a country road. Just a few farms and homes dot the area to this day.

View attachment 66238

I keep an open mind as well. I take everything I see and hear online UFO related with a huge grain of salt as most of it is nonsense, but I kinda refuse to believe that we are alone in the universe as well at the same time.

There's a few declassified US military cockpit videos out there that will sure make you think hard on the matter as well.

Open mind indeed.
There is a long history of a spot on Scugog Island where lights appear as described but traced to car lights on a highway or road in the distance. However the lights were mentioned in pre automobile days as well.

If the universe is infinite the number of stars will be infinite as well. Then even a more infinite number of planets.

More infinite is an incorrect term. It equates to longer than forever.

I used to wonder about what happened when a person got to the end of the universe. Did they hit a steel wall?

If they did what was on the other side of the steel wall?

Now I just read oil change threads. To truly understand infinity one must follow oil change threads.

It is somewhat narcissistic of us to think we're the only ones around.

Bought a puncture repair kit once after seeing a mate get a flat tire while riding out in the hinterland. Personally never had a puncture. Over the next 6 months ended up with so many punctures I used all the plugs in the kit. Threw it away. Never had a puncture since. Pretty sure it was cursed.

I live in a hundred year old house previously occupied by three generations of a family that originally built the house. One cold winter evening I was home alone working in the basement, I heard soft footsteps directly above me in the living room and I could hear two people speaking softly but I couldn’t make out what they were saying.As it was in February, all the windows were closed and we are quite some distance from the road and neighbors so I don’t think the sounds were coming from outside the house. I can’t explain it but I know what I heard. That was about seven or eight years ago and nothing like that has happened since.

Sometimes I hear these quite muffled noises followed by a terrible odor...

When I was but a youth, us cool kids would hang out in this decrepit old house on Pinkney's farm. Where Lolita Gardens is now (Cawthraw/Dundas) and the house got moved and was the Cherry Hill House restaurant.
The house is very "storied", was once a hotel and Wild Bill Cody stayed there and is KNOWN to be haunted. Every body knew it was haunted... but we were cool, bring on the apparitions.
So, being the cool kids, we would hang out, smoke, maybe drink, maybe experiment with DRUGS stuff they talk about at school... and a bunch of us, one sunny afternoon, find ourselves just WACKED on acid, hanging around at the farmhouse... and there's a noise... sounds like breathing... in the HAUNTED house... right out of a horror movie (let's not forget about being in the highly suggestive state of being just wacked on acid)... EWWW SCARY... let's look around to try to locate said noise (again, right out of a horror movie)... it's getting LOUDER... we, as a group, found our way to the basement... AND THERE"S A COFFIN. Much screaming, MUCH running,,, REALLY FAST RUNNING (I probably ran home to hide under my bed... I don't remember).
A couple of us went back to the house the next day. There was a branch rubbing on an outside wall in the wind... SORTA sounded like breathing, only sorta. The coffin was an old steam chest, full of old books, that had always been there.
We still LOL, 50 years later.

Or:
I was newly married, to a fine woman, but she was kinda timid, she was, at times, afraid of her own shadow.
Wife is at home, in our very recently purchased, old crappy home, with the new baby and two cats.
I was driving my happy taxi, and for a reason I don't remember, I had to RACE to the dispatch office to play dispatcher. YAY. I hate dispatching. The drivers hate when I dispatch. Everybody gets grumpy... and it was BUSY. Twas a dark and stormy night
So I'm dispatchin up a storm, and one of the phone answerers tells me my wife is on the phone. Tell her i'm busy, I'll call back. The wife drives a cab, she understands.
A while later, I'm dispatchin a storm, and the wife's on the phone again. Tell her I'll call back... she'll understand... NO, I'm told I BETTER take it... OK.
Wife reports there's something wrong with one of the cats and the house is making noises. Should she take the cat to the cat emergency?
Sorry dear, we can't afford to take the cat to the cat emergency at 11pm and the house is old, old house make noises. They settle and creak.
No, this is more than settle and creak she says.
OK, I gotta go
So I'm dispatchin up a storm and the wife is on the phone again, INSISTING I speak to her, INSISTING I go home, the house is making noises, and it's the cat, the cat is dying
BUT,BUT DEAR... I got 150 cars here lookin for dispatchin, I CAN'T LEAVE. I gotta go.
It seems the wife got on the phone, woke up a bunch of people and found a replacement dispatcher (DAVE WAS ******) and got me relieved.
Remember when I dispatch, everybody gets cranky... now they were downright annoyed.
So on my way home... I thinking... what do I do now? Sick cat, loud house... how are they connected?...WHAT???... get home, open the back door and IMMEDIATELY the wife is there, white as a ghost, trembling... I get out " what is the mat..." and the WHOLE HOUSE ROARED, the walls shook, it was LOUD, it was EERIE... and I got Steven King's pet sematary flashin over in my head... it was a bearing on the blower assembly of the furnace. When the furnace kicked in the vibration of the spent bearing reverberated through the tin duct work in the house like a big speaker... and the cat was lying dead beside the furnace.
EWWWWW SCARY.

A teen friend lived in one of the row houses on Fern Ave in Parkdale. A few doors down lived a superstitious family.

The superstitious family didn’t know that there were no partitions in the attics so my friend, sometimes with company would find his way into the attic over the other family’s bedrooms and rattle chains, bank pots together.

At 3:00 AM the whole family would be out in the street in their pajamas screaming their heads off.

There is a long history of a spot on Scugog Island where lights appear as described but traced to car lights on a highway or road in the distance. However the lights were mentioned in pre automobile days as well.

Yes, "ghost road" or whatever is up that way somewhere, etc etc, but this wasn't car headlights bouncing off clouds or anything, it was actually a super clear starry night as I remember it. And the lights were like bright stars/orbs (yes, that sounds like a tacky/stereotypical UFO type explanation, but in this case, it's the only thing that fits) that were moving up and down, left and right, mostly together as I remember it.

The one image stuck in my head to this day is clear as day as it was definitely one of those WTF moments.

Never had another experience like it, and I spend a LOT of time outdoors camping & looking up at the sky and stars at night etc.

I spent many hours at Ghost Road on Scugog Island for fun. I did see something strange once. It was the typical light that most reports have but I was facing north when I saw it. The "ghost lights" have been debunked as headlights from vehicles travelling south on Cartwright West Quarter Line, which is directly south of The Mississaug Trail.

Whatever it is I saw, I saw it when I was looking north on the road.

My memory might be wrong, but I remember the light itself didn't brighten up anything around it. If you take a flashlight, there is the light from the bulb and then it lights up a wall or whatever the photos hit, but I remember seeing just the light and nothing else be illuminated.

Back
Top Bottom