Panigale R Superleggera | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Panigale R Superleggera

Look up some of the bikes that NCR built...

A bunch of cf and ti parts seem to do the trick. $$$$$

what I can't fathom is where they found 40lbs to shave off of a bike that was only 417lbs wet to begin with.

Magnesium swing arm, rumoured cf air box / "frame", tons of magnesium engine internals, revised engine casing to use magnesium and have more flex and feedback as a stressed member, top spec Ohlins and Brembos, etc etc...

Also supposed to have new wheeli control system to keep the damn thing down!

And by your logic my response is close to the bone as it did illicit this response from you, thanks for confirming you are an anonymous underachieving bitter guy:Doh please help me with humility and the simple life i so crave

Geewhiz I already said sorry once and Oops once no need to go on and on people are starting to stare at their shoes at what diameter does a shoelace become a rope?

what I can't fathom is where they found 40lbs to shave off of a bike that was only 417lbs wet to begin with.

I think that's where the whole "double the price" part comes in

Geewhiz I already said sorry once and Oops once no need to go on and on people are starting to stare at their shoes at what diameter does a shoelace become a rope?

I now realize English is definitely your second language

A friend has the 2013 1199 and it's a rocket. I can't imagine 40lbs and 25hp more. It makes my 600RR feel like 125 :)

So it weighs pretty much the same as a Ninja 300. Still don't get the purpose of this bike, the reviews I've see online favours the HP4 and the RSV4 over the R model. I guess if you got $$ to burn why not.

A friend has the 2013 1199 and it's a rocket. I can't imagine 40lbs and 25hp more. It makes my 600RR feel like 125 :)

To be fair, any 1k will make your 600 feel like a sewing machine.

A motoGP bike costs $1M to make. Basically, spend more, you get lighter. However, Ducati is very good at charging for the badge, because people pay.

I wouldn't limit that to Ducati. Any high end superbike falls under the same pattern. MV doesn't make a cheap anything either and it's not like an aprilia, mv, duc etc liter bike just all out destroys jap liter bikes. You're paying for the prestige and name that comes with it. There's even 100k hondas coming etc. Every company does it.

Magnesium swing arm, rumoured cf air box / "frame", tons of magnesium engine internals, revised engine casing to use magnesium and have more flex and feedback as a stressed member, top spec Ohlins and Brembos, etc etc...

Also supposed to have new wheeli control system to keep the damn thing down!

..plus bike comes with lifetime supply of metamucil to shave lbs from rider taking regular dumps.

Wow, pulling 40 lbs out of a bike isn't easy. Only 100 going to US, sadly I'll probably never see one of these.

Its not hard, its just not cheap....My titanium Akrapovic exhaust shaves 16.5 lbs alone...Thats one component, I have shaved about another 10 lbs in titanium or carbon fiber parts.....Over the winter I will shave even more with a battery and racing subframe...

..plus bike comes with lifetime supply of metamucil to shave lbs from rider taking regular dumps.

Pro racers are extremely fit and have little body fat, but they guys buying these street superbikes are likely paying thousands for a few extra pounds, and likely carrying 20 lbs+ too much body weight.

Personally, rather than go for the poser racer approach, I'd spend that money on a classic Ducati that is just nice to look at.

ducati-900-supersport.jpg

Personally, rather than go for the poser racer approach, I'd spend that money on a classic Ducati that is just nice to look at.

ducati-900-supersport.jpg

it will be spend more time on the repair stand than on the road so i better be nice to look at !

it will be spend more time on the repair stand than on the road so i better be nice to look at !

Maybe with an original electrical system, but a properly restored and upgraded bike should not give issues. These are relatively simple bikes.
I'm more worried about all the complex computers, sensors and electricals on these new era bikes. When they are new, they are great, but when stuff goes wrong, it can be a nightmare to chase the gremlins down.

Of course, there are those stupid desmo valves, which haven't made any sense in 50 years.

..and they are pretty pathetic in MotoGP this year.

The Moto GP bike has nothing in common with the wsbk or street versions aside from having two wheels.

A motoGP bike costs $1M to make. Basically, spend more, you get lighter. However, Ducati is very good at charging for the badge, because people pay.

Lol Not even close. For example, Honda charges several million euros to lease a satellite GP bike for one year. The you have to give it back.

Back
Top Bottom