Pan America | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pan America

Another video with the same concept.

"Where's it sore" "My face". Ouch.

She makes a bad decision and dumps it. He dumps his watching her fall. Typical group ride.

Not sure why,but i found this vid quite interesting.

This is exactly the problem with the demographic actually looking at the Pan Am. They're Harley cruiser guys that don't get the whole ADV thing. This girl's talking about how she dumped it because she was used to her heel shifter and this bike didn't have one. DF? The only guys at our Pan Am demo ride were Harley guys and the biggest complaint I heard was how it was uncomfortable because their legs weren't stretched out in front of them.

Honestly, I don't think this bike is going to do well. There's very little interest outside of the Harley camp, and the reaction from inside the Harley camp will be the typical, "Not A Real Harley" and as a result, the Pan Am will die a quick death because it's a Harley that wasn't designed before WWII.

Too bad.

They're Harley cruiser guys that don't get the whole ADV thing. This girl's talking about how she dumped it because she was used to her heel shifter and this bike didn't have one. DF?
I'll admit, I've never ridden a bike with a heel shifter but that should change up a gear right? There was no reason for her to be changing up there. Cruiser riders will also need to relearn now that they have twice the distance between idle and redline.

From my understanding HD's don't come with heel shifters anymore. Mind you I ride a HD and have no interest in them (heel shifters) so I might be wrong.

From my understanding HD's don't come with heel shifters anymore. Mind you I ride a HD and have no interest in them (heel shifters) so I might be wrong.
If you can take it off the standard build and add it to the option sheet, win win for HD.

I know many HD Touring riders that have other bikes in the garage that are not HD. Beemers, Honda etc.

Not every HD Touring rider is going to move to the Pan Am.

But, I’m sure there will be some non HD riders looking at it as a possibility and that’s what HD needs. New customers that wouldn’t consider them to begin with.

Can they all coexist? That is the question. HD will still have the black or chrome air cooled bar hopper or cruiser for the traditionalist. But will they welcome the others that don’t have a chain attached to their wallet?

When you enter a dealership, there is a sea of pirate gear and the theme isn’t welcoming to someone that isn’t a traditional HD customer.

That’s my arm chair take.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is exactly the problem with the demographic actually looking at the Pan Am. They're Harley cruiser guys that don't get the whole ADV thing. This girl's talking about how she dumped it because she was used to her heel shifter and this bike didn't have one. DF? The only guys at our Pan Am demo ride were Harley guys and the biggest complaint I heard was how it was uncomfortable because their legs weren't stretched out in front of them.

Honestly, I don't think this bike is going to do well. There's very little interest outside of the Harley camp, and the reaction from inside the Harley camp will be the typical, "Not A Real Harley" and as a result, the Pan Am will die a quick death because it's a Harley that wasn't designed before WWII.

Too bad.
I agree with you. But why can't i buy one?

I agree with you. But why can't i buy one?

Not just HD. Supply problems are rife, computer chips, etc. Another thread on here mentioned a tire shortage.

Seems like we're running out of the weirdest things. Unsubstantiated rumours are that certain BMW motorcycle models are stopping production because there's a paint shortage for some of the colours...

When you enter a dealership, there is a sea of pirate gear and the theme isn’t welcoming to someone that isn’t a traditional HD customer.
A decade ago I would agree with this, now not so much, my recent dealer experiences have always been great and I've always felt welcomed.
Also I've never seen a parrot, eye patch or a wooden leg sold at any dealership... :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom