Pan America | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pan America

A decade ago I would agree with this, now not so much, my recent dealer experiences have always been great and I've always felt welcomed.
Also I've never seen a parrot, eye patch or a wooden leg sold at any dealership... :ROFLMAO:
What was in Stoney Creek, Pooles? Walking into there about 20 years ago was like walking into a 1% clubhouse. A very unwelcoming place unless you were a pirate (preferably with the right patch). As part of the recent HD dealership purge I doubt any of the old guard are left. Current corporate management wants you walking into a brightly lit showroom similar to prestige cars.

What was in Stoney Creek, Pooles? Walking into there about 20 years ago was like walking into a 1% clubhouse. A very unwelcoming place unless you were a pirate (preferably with the right patch). As part of the recent HD dealership purge I doubt any of the old guard are left. Current corporate management wants you walking into a brightly lit showroom similar to prestige cars.
They're in Hamilton, walking distance. Still there, but no brand new bikes.
They refused to move when HQ ordered all showrooms to have hiway exposure.
I went in not long ago for a tube. I stayed focused on the parts dept sign.

A decade ago I would agree with this, now not so much, my recent dealer experiences have always been great and I've always felt welcomed.
Also I've never seen a parrot, eye patch or a wooden leg sold at any dealership... :ROFLMAO:
I kinda disagree. We did a 10-state tour 3yrs ago and in the group was 4 HD baggers and myself on a Victory Magnum bagger. Over the 5000km we had 2 of the HD's break down, one of those broke down twice (a fuel pump, an ignition issue, and another electrical problem) and the two other HD's were burning oil so they had to stop to top up. Anyways, we stopped at around 7 different HD dealers in total and each one told me I was on the wrong bike and should buy a HD. It wasn't so much a sales pitch, than a looking down their nose at me (I know the difference).

MCN just did a head-to-head between the GS and PanAm, and the results are pretty much the same as any big ADV comparison I've seen for the past few years: boy, the HD is a fantastic bike, but just not quite as refined and perfected as the GS.

They gave the GS five stars and the PanAm four. GS got thumbs up for it's refined package, flexible motor, road holding and excellence in all conditions. Thumbs down for the fully loaded price and ubiquity. The Pan America got credit for the strong engine, comfort, gadgets and uniqueness, and knocked for 'ponderous' steering, a few rough edges and 'sidestand action when the suspension lowers', but they don't clarify what that means. Oh, and they describe the GS as a luxurious Range Rover to the HD's more utilitarian Jeep...

MCN just did a head-to-head between the GS and PanAm, and the results are pretty much the same as any big ADV comparison I've seen for the past few years: boy, the HD is a fantastic bike, but just not quite as refined and perfected as the GS.

They gave the GS five stars and the PanAm four. GS got thumbs up for it's refined package, flexible motor, road holding and excellence in all conditions. Thumbs down for the fully loaded price and ubiquity. The Pan America got credit for the strong engine, comfort, gadgets and uniqueness, and knocked for 'ponderous' steering, a few rough edges and 'sidestand action when the suspension lowers', but they don't clarify what that means. Oh, and they describe the GS as a luxurious Range Rover to the HD's more utilitarian Jeep...
For actual off-roading (which isn't a great idea on a big adv but it sometimes happens), I would think that the HD would be a hell of a lot narrower down low to allow you to pick better lines through obstacles. R bikes in the rocks always make me nervous.

For actual off-roading (which isn't a great idea on a big adv but it sometimes happens), I would think that the HD would be a hell of a lot narrower down low to allow you to pick better lines through obstacles. R bikes in the rocks always make me nervous.

It's not that bad. If you're going hit the jugs, you're well on your way to bashing in your shins anyway.

Maybe it's newness is helping, but the basic math says it's currently outselling GS in North America - by a wild margin if it keeps up. BMW sells approx 5000 big GS each year in North America, I understand all North American dealers (approx 750) were allocated at least 6 bikes up till the end of July and that most have wait lists. I was just quoted $2500 over list for a base and $5000 over list for a laced S for a July delivery.

Maybe it's newness is helping, but the basic math says it's currently outselling GS in North America - by a wild margin if it keeps up. BMW sells approx 5000 big GS each year in North America, I understand all North American dealers (approx 750) were allocated at least 6 bikes up till the end of July and that most have wait lists. I was just quoted $2500 over list for a base and $5000 over list for a laced S for a July delivery.
Well that would make existing customers that had their money down angry. They are being told that they dont exist, not that they are going to the highest bidder.

If this is true, I'll be getting my deposit back and shopping elsewhere.
Agreed. I am less concerned about hot models being universally available over msrp but if they start bumping existing orders in the quest for cash that is no bueno imo. Once deposits are accepted, rides should be filled in that order.

Agreed. I am less concerned about hot models being universally available over msrp but if they start bumping existing orders in the quest for cash that is no bueno imo. Once deposits are accepted, rides should be filled in that order.
The salesman i have been dealing with told me last week that he didn't know of any units with laced wheels available in Canada's.

1626301976978.png

It’s a bit early for me to pull the trigger. I’m confident HOG will rebound, if their share price hits $65 my decision will be easier.

It thought in Canada they're not allowed selling over list? That happens a lot in the U.S. but not here.

It thought in Canada they're not allowed selling over list? That happens a lot in the U.S. but not here.
Eh? Weren't civics type r's being marked up here at launch...but i'm refering to msrp.

I thought the c8's were going over list. I dont know the law but even if you are right, there are easy ways around it. You pay list for the car and pay extra for them to spend time finding you one or you get the special paint prep package or . . .

I thought the c8's were going over list. I dont know the law but even if you are right, there are easy ways around it. You pay list for the car and pay extra for them to spend time finding you one or you get the special paint prep package or . . .
*admin fee*
*document fee*
etc, etc

Back
Top Bottom