PAIR/EVAP system removal. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

PAIR/EVAP system removal.

Put one of those on your head and your good to go

kids shoe doenst fit my foot....let alone fit my head lol

any orange/blue/white helmet recommendations?? l

I installed a Yoshimura R77 slip on for my 2008 Bandit 1250 while ago. It's not too loud but has a nice growl when I really get on it. I am, however, getting lots of popping on deceleration so I've purchased a PAIR/EVAP system removal kit from Metrick Metal through Dale Walker's Holeshot Performance (Bandit tuning experts). I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any negative side effects removing this stuff will have. If I tries to sell the bike would I be able to get it certified with the anti pollution gear removed?

http://shop.metrickmetal.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=60

Used dales pair block off plates on my 1250. Popping gone, no other difference felt at all, no side effects, no advantages.
It is however much cleaner and easier to get the plugs out now. Did you also get the resistor?

Used dales pair block off plates on my 1250. Popping gone, no other difference felt at all, no side effects, no advantages.
It is however much cleaner and easier to get the plugs out now. Did you also get the resistor?

Finally a post back on topic.

Finally a post back on topic.

Right on. PAIR valves to lady parts and sneakers....how did that happen?

boooya. I did get the resistor along with the plates. I haven't got around to installing it yet because it involves draining some coolant and moving the thermostat housing. I've been spending too much time riding. Did you do the EVAP as well?

Right on. PAIR valves to lady parts and sneakers....how did that happen?

boooya. I did get the resistor along with the plates. I haven't got around to installing it yet because it involves draining some coolant and moving the thermostat housing. I've been spending too much time riding. Did you do the EVAP as well?

Pay attention to the kit because it's for american bandit an has different emissions then ours. The "T" connector and hoses are not used, all you can do it the plates and resistor. And I didn't drain any coolant, just worked around it.

ae711304-ba09-dd12.jpg

This is all I removed.
If you want a real mod that actually helps remove those secondary servo controlled butterflies. Will dramatically increase low end and low rpm maneuvers.
Getting around parking lots at low rpm you find the bike bogs and accels and is hard to maintain a steady controlled throttle? These plates are controlled by the comp and flutter at low rpm load.
Best mod to date besides the seat ;).

I've read about the secondary butterfly removal mod on the Bandit. I hear they're a real pain to get remove and some people even end up drilling the screws out. I'm not sure I want to go that far.

Thanks for the heads up about the "T" connector and hoses. Did you have any problems determining which wires to tap the resistor into or are the obvious?

I might make this a Saturday morning project. I would assume it will take about an hour or so?????

I've read about the secondary butterfly removal mod on the Bandit. I hear they're a real pain to get remove and some people even end up drilling the screws out. I'm not sure I want to go that far.

Thanks for the heads up about the "T" connector and hoses. Did you have any problems determining which wires to tap the resistor into or are the obvious?

I might make this a Saturday morning project. I would assume it will take about an hour or so?????
Took about 1 hour and a few beers to do, over all pretty easy 2/10 difficulty, just tap into the resistor acording to the instructions. Note there are 2 plugs that look similar, I almost tapped the wron one lol.
The butterfly mod is abit harder maybe a 6/10, trick is to use a heat gun then simply unscrew the screws out. I removed the runners just in case i dropped one into the cylinder, worth while mod for sure and really not that hard at all.

Back
Top Bottom