Olympics | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Olympics

I just watched some highlights on CBC of the skateboarding competition and that was abysmal. I barely got an ollie down in high school and I could've commentated it better.
'Great spin and grind' 'That looks great'.

Definitely agree on dressage. Either get rid of it, or have the horse named as part of the team like in horse racing. Need to give them a big horse-sized medal as well. Do horses have citizenships?

I agree. Although there is some athleticism needed to stay on the horse. I suggest they split the olympics to one year of events that require judging, and a different year for events that anyone can determine a winner, races, high jump etc. The difference between the men's and women's mat exercises for instance. I swear there's 50 % preening in the women's and if you get that wrong you lose points??!! Unfortunately, many of those judged events are very popular. I hear they're going to add breakdancing in the next olympics. TF?

I feel sorry for the poor horses having to be shipped all over the world. Probably tranquilized or sedated too every time.

Breakdancing? What’s next…Zumba?

Some things that have been good in these olympics…the female teams like Norway complaining about wearing bikinis in some disciplines where the men wear shorts. The German female Olympic teams wearing full body suits. It’s 2021 for Christ sakes…I have no idea who made the rules originally but I bet they were all blokes and they probably worked on Miss World pageants or something. Those decisions were just ridiculous then and more so now.

I feel sorry for the poor horses having to be shipped all over the world. Probably tranquilized or sedated too every time.

Breakdancing? What’s next…Zumba?

Some things that have been good in these olympics…the female teams like Norway complaining about wearing bikinis in some disciplines where the men wear shorts. The German female Olympic teams wearing full body suits. It’s 2021 for Christ sakes…I have no idea who made the rules originally but I bet they were all blokes and they probably worked on Miss World pageants or something. Those decisions were just ridiculous then and more so now.

Wardrobe by Trump?

Should we go back to these?

iu

Wherever there is competition and loopholes in the rules that can be exploited, they get exploited. Maybe not at at the first opportunity, but it happens soon enough. Rule change was in 2015. They had brazil in 2016 which gave no time to exploit and now the first trans women are competing in Japan. If they crush the competition, I expect a flood. I don't expect most to exploit it. One to three from the world in each sport should entirely destroy the competition.
there is very little to stop someone from identifying as a woman to crush the competition. I haven't read the details, but normally surgery is not required to update gender so after they became olympic champion, they could stop messing with their hormones and return to male.

This is what you wrote. You have nothing to back this up. Don't equivocate and now say "if" you said someone can identify as a woman to game the system and then return to male. THEN you said you haven't read the rules.....which is it? Don't push this line which is based on your fears and not on facts. Without looking it up can you even name the athlete that is transgendered in this Olympics? What did they have to do to be selected? You have no idea. How long do they have to live as a women before they can compete? What drugs do they have to take and what hormone levels do they have to show to compete? All so that they can maybe win a medal an make no money out of it? What kind of life does a weightlifter live? It isn't like they make any money even when they win? Female athletes as a rule make F all. A transgendered one will make even less. Who do you think would change their gender for this? It isn't logical. It's like those people who think that people are going to be gay because it is cool. Yep. I would love to go back to highschool and be gay.....cause that wouldn't be the worst.

In measured events OK but in judged events where there are too many male judges, sex garners points.

And that is why many women want to cover up rather then wear their mandated bikinis and other revealing clothing.

Especially with how many of them, and their seniors in their sports, have been sexually assaulted by coaches, staff and officials over the decades.

Someone can be a man, and be a pig, but they don't have to be a pig.

Need an Event C where it breaks down in the middle of a lake, and they paddle back to shore.
That really does require olympic athletes. Even trying to paddle a tinny in a light breeze is an exercise in futility. Gov't requiring bowriders and pontoon boats to carry paddles is hilarious. With max effort, you are lucky to paddle a few boat lengths before giving up.

They keep talking about COVID spiking in Japan, but in comparison to the rest of the world they are not doing too bad....

On the otherhand, the numbers right now are near (or at) their all time peak.

1627668482498.png

I want a third olympics….juice up as much as your body can handle. No hiding, no lying….just straight up put as much roids or whatever you can handle and see the difference from ‘clean’ athletes.

It's sad but there's an analogy I've found in f2p gacha games. No matter how much time or efficient somebody has/is (aka. juice or training time), they will never beat someone who has time, brains, and money (juice + training time + genetics.)

Sports have never been different. I've encountered "aliens" at the gym, track, music, and software development. Sometimes life just deals you a **** hand and no matter how much work you put in, you'll never beat someone who did what you did and has the natural genetic talent.

As a result, an Olympics where anything is allowed would end up with the same outcome. And this is probably why money, as a gatekeeping device, plays such a huge role in many of these sports: money => time > genetics. Keep the unknown beasts out.

With that said someone who's determined should still have the spirit and willpower to not give a **** and keep going.

Kids of two of my friends are at the olympics , partnered up racing a 49er sailboat. Its cost the parents many hundreds of thousands to get the boys there, 7 boats in 5 yrs , hundreds of sets of sails , travel to events in Portugal and Brazil, Australia to train and qualify.

If you qualify for a marathon you show up with your own shoes.

Anybody that says the Olympics aren't about money hasn't met anybody on the Olympic committee or an athlete. Paul Henderson liked to talk about growing up the son of a Toronto plumber ( who grew up with a summer house on Toronto Island next to RCYC , and the plumbing company serviced gas appliances when the giant Hobart stoves replaced antiques in every hotel kitchen in the city, 24hrs a day) . Yeah, no money there...

Kids of two of my friends are at the olympics , partnered up racing a 49er sailboat. Its cost the parents many hundreds of thousands to get the boys there, 7 boats in 5 yrs , hundreds of sets of sails , travel to events in Portugal and Brazil, Australia to train and qualify.

If you qualify for a marathon you show up with your own shoes.

Anybody that says the Olympics aren't about money hasn't met anybody on the Olympic committee or an athlete. Paul Henderson liked to talk about growing up the son of a Toronto plumber ( who grew up with a summer house on Toronto Island next to RCYC , and the plumbing company serviced gas appliances when the giant Hobart stoves replaced antiques in every hotel kitchen in the city, 24hrs a day) . Yeah, no money there...

All the best to the friend's kids!

If the Paul Henderson you're referring to is the former nhl player........he grew up near Lucknow, and his pops worked on the railroads.
PH lived across the street during his junior career with the hamilton red wings.....early 60's.
He was better than us kids at street hockey.....lol.

No this paul henderson grew up Toronto and had a pretty decent career in small boat sailing and the olympics with guys from the city like Hans Fogh and Dennis Tews . He went on to head up olympic selection committees , world sailing boards and a bunch of political stuff. He was very good friends with Ted Turner (terrible ted) the Turner broadcasting guy. I spent a very weird night drinking with them in Chicago when Ted was still married to Jane Fonda ( they deserved each other)

Back
Top Bottom