Olympics | GTAMotorcycle.com

Olympics

I like watching ski jump wipeouts in the Winter Olympics. What’s the equivalent sport in the Summer ones? Surfing?

Also what’s this years useless sport? A few Olympics ago it was ten pin bowling although synchronized swimming is always fun.

Haven't watched since Ben Johnson got caught and everyone else didn't.

I haven't even tuned in.

Feel bad for the athletes who worked potentially their whole life to get there and are now competing in empty stadiums.

I haven't even tuned in.

Feel bad for the athletes who worked potentially their whole life to get there and are now competing in empty stadiums.
I sort of agree, but the Olympics has been corrupt and not about sport for so long that I think athletes competing now should have had different goals. Sure, try to be the best in the world but for most sports, I do not think the olympics are the correct venue to test that. They are just a huge wank fest run by a bunch of rich greedy sob's and I think they should have imploded long ago. For many sports, your odds of winning are reasonably correlated with the size of the sponsors you have. The concept is awesome, the execution in my lifetime (and longer) has been appalling.

I'm still waiting for drag racing to become an event.
It is? "International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 2015 changed its rules allowing transgender athletes to compete as a woman if their testosterone levels are below a certain threshold." Sorry, bad joke. Just more crap in the olympics mess that has very little about being the best in the world. Selecting gender to compete as is stupid. Now, maybe instead of male/female categories, they should have high/low testosterone categories? Details matter. If I was high T for a long time to get huge and then went low T to crush the olympics, wtf? I maintain that it's all BS and marketing and very little about fair competition.

It is? "International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 2015 changed its rules allowing transgender athletes to compete as a woman if their testosterone levels are below a certain threshold." Sorry, bad joke. Just more crap in the olympics mess that has very little about being the best in the world. Selecting gender to compete as is stupid. Now, maybe instead of male/female categories, they should have high/low testosterone categories? Details matter. If I was high T for a long time to get huge and then went low T to crush the olympics, wtf? I maintain that it's all BS and marketing and very little about fair competition.

this is the one reason I will probably stop watching.
someone who was born male and went through puberty as a male absolutely has a physical advantage over born females. doesn't matter how much or how little testosterone they have at the time of competition.
either combine male/female and have basically only biological males make the cut or have a separate category for transgender athletes.

Didn't know this got changed.

I'm all for inclusiveness, I am not for ******* up competition standards. Friends and I joked about a "UNLIMITED" version of Olympics. You wanna do drugs? Do it in that one. Wanna attach a suicide device in order to beat the high jump record by blowing off your legs? Do it there.

this is the one reason I will probably stop watching.
someone who was born male and went through puberty as a male absolutely has a physical advantage over born females. doesn't matter how much or how little testosterone they have at the time of competition.
either combine male/female and have basically only biological males make the cut or have a separate category for transgender athletes.

Try having this conversation with a white female between the age of 20 to 35 and see what happens sadly. There's a strange cancel culture effect that prevents these discussions in many places.

Didn't know this got changed.

I'm all for inclusiveness, I am not for ******* up competition standards. Friends and I joked about a "UNLIMITED" version of Olympics. You wanna do drugs? Do it in that one. Wanna attach a suicide device in order to beat the high jump record by blowing off your legs? Do it there.
Some show did a skit on that before. It was pretty hilarious and had some russians in it tearing their arms off iirc.

EDIT:

SNL All Drug Olympics 1988. fwiw, Canada won

YouTube /watch?v=jAdG-iTilWU
(remove space after .com)

Last edited:
Some show did a skit on that before. It was pretty hilarious and had some russians in it tearing their arms off iirc.

Damnit, somebody clearly beat us to the idea lol

This is what you have a problem with?

This is what you have a problem with?

Anyone with a fair competitive spirit would have a huge ******* issue with what was quoted.

Imagine being a woman, a natural woman, who spends their entire life training and gets beat by a person born a man but decided to do a bunch of body modifications to become a woman. **** that scenario.

There is a New Zealand or Australian (somewhere down there) weight lifter, that when she was a he, was a mediocre at best lifter.
Now that he is a she, she is setting records, BIG TIME.
This is kinda sus.
All the other lifters are fighting for second place.
il_570xN.2091452141_b2n5.jpg

Anyone with a fair competitive spirit would have a huge ******* issue with what was quoted.

Imagine being a woman, a natural woman, who spends their entire life training and gets beat by a person born a man but decided to do a bunch of body modifications to become a woman. **** that scenario.
Agree. I have no problems with their conversion. I have problems with them competing when they are likely carrying a significant advantage. Also, by allowing this to happen, there is very little to stop someone from identifying as a woman to crush the competition. I haven't read the details, but normally surgery is not required to update gender so after they became olympic champion, they could stop messing with their hormones and return to male. Sketchy as.

Back
Top Bottom