Olympics | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Olympics

Not a big Olympics fan but on a positive note - particularly for Canada - it was great to see them winning a spot in the Woman's Soccer final.

What was even better was to listen to Megan Rapinoe whine that they were the better team and that Canada only got there because of a lucky Penalty Kick... LOL... Such a sense of entitlement. Maybe the US should just show up and they hand them the gold without playing a match.

Now, if they can win against the Swedes that would be great. I worked for a company that was acquired by Ericsson and I hate the Swedes with a passion. Just a nasty, nasty race of narcissists.

Also good to see Andre getting a bronze. If he had got a better start I think he would have been coming home with a silver. His acceleration over the last half was amazing.

Not a big Olympics fan but on a positive note - particularly for Canada - it was great to see them winning a spot in the Woman's Soccer final.

What was even better was to listen to Megan Rapinoe whine that they were the better team and that Canada only got there because of a lucky Penalty Kick... LOL... Such a sense of entitlement. Maybe the US should just show up and they hand them the gold without playing a match.

Now, if they can win against the Swedes that would be great. I worked for a company that was acquired by Ericsson and I hate the Swedes with a passion. Just a nasty, nasty race of narcissists.

Also good to see Andre getting a bronze. If he had got a better start I think he would have been coming home with a silver. His acceleration over the last half was amazing.
That's almost funny. Ninety minutes of play and because they lost in the dying moments it was bad luck. They couldn't score in the preceding hour and a half. More bad luck?

Someone from Belarus was taken to the airport after criticizing the coaches, and is now asking for asylum.

Poland sent six swimmers too many, and has now sent them packing.

They're handing out fewer condoms this year, in an attempt to minimize the hanky panky during the pandemic.

Someone from Belarus was taken to the airport after criticizing the coaches, and is now asking for asylum.

They're handing out fewer condoms this year, in an attempt to minimize the hanky panky during the pandemic.

..also..cardboard beds to dissuade that kind of behaviour

LoL like lack of condoms will slow down the biggest orgy of the year.

didn’t know about Poland’s muck up. Will have to read that one!

One country also forgot to register their tennis players. They showed up, weren't in the ladder and couldn't be accommodated so home they go. Crushing for the athletes.

I only watch to see Georgia Ellenwood.

You're welcome.

I've found a dumber olympic sport than dressage. Modern pentathlon. You meet your jumping horse that morning and go compete. The leader going in got a horse that refused to jump so she got a zero which dropped her to the back of the pack.

Germany's Annika Schleu was in first place after the first two pentathlon events: fencing and swimming.

She had three to go: show jumping and the combined shooting-running portion known as the laser run.

Pentathletes do not bring their own horses to the jumping section but are instead randomly assigned one of 18 horses.

Saint Boy was also assigned to Gulnaz Gubaydullina of Russia, and similarly refused to jump, according to the Irish newspaper The Journal.

I've found a dumber olympic sport than dressage. Modern pentathlon. You meet your jumping horse that morning and go compete. The leader going in got a horse that refused to jump so she got a zero which dropped her to the back of the pack.

Germany's Annika Schleu was in first place after the first two pentathlon events: fencing and swimming.

She had three to go: show jumping and the combined shooting-running portion known as the laser run.

Pentathletes do not bring their own horses to the jumping section but are instead randomly assigned one of 18 horses.

Saint Boy was also assigned to Gulnaz Gubaydullina of Russia, and similarly refused to jump, according to the Irish newspaper The Journal.
I knew a rodeo family that bought a bull riding bull that wouldn't buck. they made decent money by renting it out for weddings and conventions. have a pic taken on a Brahma bull. As far as the olympics go, as long as there wasn't a set up sometimes life sucks.

Why wouldn't they jump? Someone must have given them a test ride. If it was a travel issue there should have been spares.

That's always been the case. The point of the pentathlon has always been about a solider stuck behind enemy lines and making due with a pistol.

You're supposed to be trained as a calvary man enough to get any horse to run for you.

Failing due to a horse that doesn't "match" you isn't considered abnormal.

I knew a rodeo family that bought a bull riding bull that wouldn't buck. they made decent money by renting it out for weddings and conventions. have a pic taken on a Brahma bull. As far as the olympics go, as long as there wasn't a set up sometimes life sucks.

Why wouldn't they jump? Someone must have given them a test ride. If it was a travel issue there should have been spares.
Dont bulls at least get assigned a multiplier so you get some points?

That's always been the case. The point of the pentathlon has always been about a solider stuck behind enemy lines and making due with a pistol.

You're supposed to be trained as a calvary man enough to get any horse to run for you.

Failing due to a horse that doesn't "match" you isn't considered abnormal.
That's cool. It would be very interesting to see more info on that horse since it didnt jump for either competitor. Seeding the field with landmines is gambling not sport.

That's cool. It would be very interesting to see more info on that horse since it didnt jump for either competitor. Seeding the field with landmines is gambling not sport.

The horses used in these events are randomly selected and the riders get 20 minutes to bond with them. They also are professional show jumping horses brought to many of these events not just once for the Olympics and are run through the specific event courses before hand by their trainers.

If a rider doesn't have the skills to bond with the horse, it's really on the rider not the horse.

I know sweet f**k all about riding horses, but from what my cousin (who did horse riding for years) told me, no one beats horses into submission anymore. So I have to question the tactics used by the German team on their own horses.

Back
Top Bottom