Official Christmas Whatcha Get Thread | GTAMotorcycle.com

Official Christmas Whatcha Get Thread

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
Get something rather interesting or just plain fun for Christmas this year? Let’s hear it!

I spent most of today putting kids toys together but I did get a nice amount of new tools as well as a Aberlour 18 I’m currently enjoying now that the house is quiet.

Computer RAM, an air purifier, and some wireless earphones.

My wife knows how much I like the picture below from our trip to Tibet and Everest. So she got it enlarged and professionally framed for me.

I’d like to put it in the garage, but I think she has other plans for it.

i-FMd2DWw-5K.jpg

Also got some new tools which I didn’t need but I love more. I can relegate some of my aging sets to backup or even donate them to someone looking to start wrenching.

Didn’t see family outside of the ones living in my house which was unfortunate but didn’t feel comfortable with the Covid situation currently and aging parents.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I got the new Michael Smith cookbook , a one handed winch Handle ( boat thing) and a new watch . Son is brining gifts with him Jan 12 when he flies home so Christmas again in two weeks !

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

The usual sox and undies plus a Milwaukee 18 volt impact driver.

The best though was a phone call from a friend I hadn't heard from for a couple of years. He had been through a divorce from hell and dropped out of the loop.

He explained that his life was such a mess that he stopped returning calls because he felt he was burdening people with his problems. He's found a new lady friend and they've bought a house together. He moved up the ladder at work as well.

The full story sounds like a chick flick Hallmark Christmas movie but he's happy. So good.

For starters, I got a big credit card bill, lol.

socks, cologne, Scotch, chocolates, beard care products, etc...the standard "what do we get for dad?" gifts. Also got some pretty cool mini helmets and motorcycle models.

I'm at the stage in my life where seeing the kids' faces light up when they see what Santa brought is all I really wanted/needed.

That's a lie lol...after all was said and done I ordered myself a new helmet from FC-MOTO that I've been trying to find for a year in my size but has been sold out everywhere...Merry Christmas to me !

"The ghosts of Cape Sabine - the harrowing true story of the Greely expedition" I'm curious to know why 25 guys headed north and only 5 came back. I'm about halfway thru.

I've read it , I'm a huge fan of the golden age of exploration stories , things like Shackleton , everything artic, and especially Africa / South America stuff .
Cape Sabine is a great tale of how to do it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom