Oakville Area | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oakville Area

I don't know the roads near my house very well, so there could be better roads than what I have plotted here.
Should be decent for a weeknight ride.

View attachment 49370

If coming from the East, from Appleby Line, take Sideroad 2 to Sideroad 4 back to Appleby, then up to Britannia. Or reverse if coming from the West. I'd also skip Dundas and use the North Service Road most of the way and Waterdown Rd.

If coming from the East, from Appleby Line, take Sideroad 2 to Sideroad 4 back to Appleby, then up to Britannia. Or reverse if coming from the West. I'd also skip Dundas and use the North Service Road most of the way and Waterdown Rd.
Just be vigilant on side road 4, there's often wet leaves and ALWAYS sand, especially alongside the creek.

Just be vigilant on side road 4, there's often wet leaves and ALWAYS sand, especially alongside the creek.
I passed by no4 tonight and wondered where it goes but took Britannia instead. It almost looked like a dead end or long driveway! On google it looks amazing, definitely gonna hit it tomorrow!

Was pretty clear when I was there a couple weeks ago. More often than not, it's been pedestrians that I've had to watch out for on the weekends, especially with dogs.

2 weeks lol ... idk when they open the courses .... I think sept they said .

New rider. BE CAREFUL. With group rides it's very tempting to get sucked into doing something that you don't have the experience to handle ... and you might not even know that you don't have the experience.

Burlington No 4 side road is a slow road. It's narrow, there are no lane markings, it has poor sightlines with trees directly up to the side of the road, debris and sand and gravel are not unheard of, and pedestrians and bicyclists are common because it is in a rural-residential area. SLOW.

Burlington No 4 side road is a slow road. It's narrow, there are no lane markings, it has poor sightlines with trees directly up to the side of the road, debris and sand and gravel are not unheard of, and pedestrians and bicyclists are common because it is in a rural-residential area. SLOW.
Not to mention the people fishing on the Bronte Creek bridge. Its still fun doing it slow, and its great for routing. Its a great connector piece for the Britannia at Walker intersection cause it lets you go back to Appleby after doing 2 side rd when coming from Lower Base Line.

no, but i already went on the highway and put 2k km on it in 2 weeks lol
no, but i already went on the highway and put 2k km on it in 2 weeks lol
The more riding you do the better! Just make sure you leave yourself room to make mistakes, because you will make mistakes and they happen quickly! I would recommend a performance school like Fast or Racer5. I would also suggest riding solo for some time to build up confidence and skill. And get your M2!

New rider. BE CAREFUL. With group rides it's very tempting to get sucked into doing something that you don't have the experience to handle ... and you might not even know that you don't have the experience.

It looked tight on google! I would definitely scout it first!

Also, Sulphur Springs and Mineral Springs may as well be unpaved for the several cm of gravel on top. Those are knobbie roads.

edit: nevermind, your route isn't going through the landslide section. Its still slippery though!

Also, Sulphur Springs and Mineral Springs may as well be unpaved for the several cm of gravel on top. Those are knobbie roads.

edit: nevermind, your route isn't going through the landslide section. Its still slippery though!
I was wondering if it was gravel? I was in around there years ago and remember hitting gravel.

Anyone every ride the road north of the Ford plant? There is a beautiful turn at the end! I scouted it the other day and a sign said something about trespassing and a unmarked security suv was Parked there. They looked at me kind of funny but didn’t say anything! I hit it both directions and very nice! Not sure if the sign is just a deterrent or for the parking lots located there. I think the security person might be for all the new vehicles they have parked in the lots.

Back
Top Bottom