Not a new rider, but new here | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not a new rider, but new here

It's just a personal preference, I think they are dangerous,
or at least it feels that way when I ride with one on,
(y)nice backrest for the passenger though.
Most top boxes are speed rated at a relatively low speed (eg 120 km/h). I know the Ape starts orbiting at 180+ with the top box on and doesn't do that with the top box off.

My first impression with a top box :/ well I booted it when I tried to mount the bike, it went all down hill from there.

lol riding solo! I would have great fear of headwinds and truck turbulence,
headwind increases your windspeed proportionately on a windy day, at least in this part of the world ;)

wasn't that one of the questions on your written M test? ;)
... rider A is traveling to point B with a headwind of 45 miles per hour, how tucked in does rider A need to be?

Congratulations!!! Welcome to FJR ownership! Bike gets a lot of respect for good reasons. Enjoy!

After being bikeless for two years, most insurance companies won't care that you were a responsible rider with a lot of experience. They rate you as a beginner. If you don't want 3000 per year, you may be stuck buying a small bike for a few years and then get the bike you want.
I hear ya, just got that nonsense from Desjardins myself as I hadn’t been insured on a bike in a couple of years. They said it should drop drastically by next renewal. The house always wins. Insurance here is white collar crime! I used to insure my Ducati 1098 in AB for $300/year! I’m up almost 10 fold here in Ontario!

Ended up with the FJR..... Really love this thing. A LOT.
dscf9857-jpg.2466196

dscf9847-jpg.2466191

It's a 2014 with only 7000kms on it. Can't get enough of it.

Looks really nice! May give the concurs a run for its money!

Welcome to the forum... I'll add to this post count cause of obvious reasons :p

What's the GVWR and wet weight on those? I had a Connie before and it was pathetic in that sense, even though it came with the bags.

Good morning children, new member here. Got my license in 2004 when I was 22, had a virago 250, then a vstar 1300 for quite some time, then I realized I was not a cruiser fan girl and got a new bmw f800r in 2011. Had it for 7 years, been as far as Colorado on it. (Not a good Tourer but had oem hard cases). I sold it 2 years ago because it mostly sat for the last 2 years as I got pretty bored of it and had other things on the go. Recently the urge to ride again hit me and been trying to decide what I want next. I almost pulled a trigger on a used bmw s1000r over the weekend after the test ride as the power made me giggle, but I think I want some wind protection for longer rides. Rode a friend’s New versys 1000 for a couple of hours as well, nice bike but I think I need a bit more punch ?. Thinking FJR1300. I love the idea of the Vstrom 1000 but I’m not sure it would keep me entertained and girls look stupid on enduros ?. The bmw s1000xr seems nearly perfect but i can’t justify the price of a new one. Honestly, if insurance wasn’t an issue, I’d just get a hayabusa and call it a day. Been lusting after it for 20 years. I’m 38 with 0 tickets and still struggling to get a quote for it. Been with state farm / Desjardins for 20 years almost and they quoted $3k which I won’t do.

Hi Marrisa. Im new here as well been riding all my life cruisers sport. Now I'm an enduro fan with a KTM 699 enduro and a kawi zzr 1200. I really like the fjr. My zzr is a bit old but its still fast. The 699 has enough power. Im riding to the Gaspe in a couple of weeks ill let you know how it goes. FJR would be my first choice

Back
Top Bottom