Not a new rider, but new here | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not a new rider, but new here

Good morning children, new member here. Got my license in 2004 when I was 22, had a virago 250, then a vstar 1300 for quite some time, then I realized I was not a cruiser fan girl and got a new bmw f800r in 2011. Had it for 7 years, been as far as Colorado on it. (Not a good Tourer but had oem hard cases). I sold it 2 years ago because it mostly sat for the last 2 years as I got pretty bored of it and had other things on the go. Recently the urge to ride again hit me and been trying to decide what I want next. I almost pulled a trigger on a used bmw s1000r over the weekend after the test ride as the power made me giggle, but I think I want some wind protection for longer rides. Rode a friend’s New versys 1000 for a couple of hours as well, nice bike but I think I need a bit more punch ?. Thinking FJR1300. I love the idea of the Vstrom 1000 but I’m not sure it would keep me entertained and girls look stupid on enduros ?. The bmw s1000xr seems nearly perfect but i can’t justify the price of a new one. Honestly, if insurance wasn’t an issue, I’d just get a hayabusa and call it a day. Been lusting after it for 20 years. I’m 38 with 0 tickets and still struggling to get a quote for it. Been with state farm / Desjardins for 20 years almost and they quoted $3k which I won’t do.

After being bikeless for two years, most insurance companies won't care that you were a responsible rider with a lot of experience. They rate you as a beginner. If you don't want 3000 per year, you may be stuck buying a small bike for a few years and then get the bike you want.

Welcome.
Who told you that girls looks stupid on enduros?

Last edited:
welcome

a used FJR is a good buy
insanely reliable and fantastic bikes

also wondering about women on enduros?
I like the idea

new members are encouraged to share pics

of the bike, I'm talking about the bike :)
Not encouraged but required. Or the account gets suspended.

Good morning children, new member here. Got my license in 2004 when I was 22, had a virago 250, then a vstar 1300 for quite some time, then I realized I was not a cruiser fan girl and got a new bmw f800r in 2011. Had it for 7 years, been as far as Colorado on it. (Not a good Tourer but had oem hard cases). I sold it 2 years ago because it mostly sat for the last 2 years as I got pretty bored of it and had other things on the go. Recently the urge to ride again hit me and been trying to decide what I want next. I almost pulled a trigger on a used bmw s1000r over the weekend after the test ride as the power made me giggle, but I think I want some wind protection for longer rides. Rode a friend’s New versys 1000 for a couple of hours as well, nice bike but I think I need a bit more punch ?. Thinking FJR1300. I love the idea of the Vstrom 1000 but I’m not sure it would keep me entertained and girls look stupid on enduros ?. The bmw s1000xr seems nearly perfect but i can’t justify the price of a new one. Honestly, if insurance wasn’t an issue, I’d just get a hayabusa and call it a day. Been lusting after it for 20 years. I’m 38 with 0 tickets and still struggling to get a quote for it. Been with state farm / Desjardins for 20 years almost and they quoted $3k which I won’t do.
Welcome.

I recently purchased the '20 S1000XR and it is truly a great bike.

I saw a '17 XR at GP Bikes not too long ago, 9000kms and looked like it had at least the touring package for $12.5k I'd say its a good price if its still there.

Back
Top Bottom