Not a new rider, but new here | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not a new rider, but new here

Welcome.

I recently purchased the '20 S1000XR and it is truly a great bike.

I saw a '17 XR at GP Bikes not too long ago, 9000kms and looked like it had at least the touring package for $12.5k I'd say its a good price if its still there.
Yeah I saw that. I’ll call tomorrow. That might be a good one too because I really really loved the engine in the s1000r. Not sure if they’re tuned differently but I imagine they feel about the same. I was expecting the 1000r to be violent, but it surprised me when it hit 8k rpm and for a second I thought a bit of po%* was gonna come out. It was also really well behaved at low Rpms in slow city traffic, unlike some other revvy 4 cylinders I’ve ridden in the past.

Yeah I saw that. I’ll call tomorrow. That might be a good one too because I really really loved the engine in the s1000r. Not sure if they’re tuned differently but I imagine they feel about the same. I was expecting the 1000r to be violent, but it surprised me when it hit 8k rpm and for a second I thought a bit of po%* was gonna come out. It was also really well behaved at low Rpms in slow city traffic, unlike some other revvy 4 cylinders I’ve ridden in the past.
Tuned very similarly, low and mid range punch.

If they will let you demo it i would suggest spending some time on it. That generation had an issue with vibrations being felt through the handle bars. Some people hated it, others didn't seem to notice it enough to bother them.

Yes i posted my own thread on here about my experiences so far with the s1kXR. At 6 grand it certainly attempts to rip your arms off.

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Jeesh.I just gave one of them my vintage Yamaha.
4TzE2K1.jpg

The fjr1300 is $1250 / year which I’m ok with. Most 900-1000cc bikes unquote are around 900-1050.
I had both till last year, not a whole lot of difference in performance on the road, I sold the Busa because the FJR is a lot more comfortable.

got a Vstrom with the Busa money, thought 650 would bore me... not so, it’s fun, dependable and if you can ride it’s quite sporty.

Id never sway anyone away from a hayabusa, it’s probably the coolest bike I’ve owned. It’s also a hairy ride, from 0 -200 not much difference between it and an FJR. At 200kmh a Busa is fully excited and ready to take you to the danger zone, it doesn’t stop pulling till you run out of courage.

True. Indeed. 2 busas.

Can I interest you in a nearly new '19 in grey?
(yoshimuras, pazzos, puig screen and ceramic coated)
Those the FJR specific yoshimuras? I maybe interested in taking those if your trading in your bike.

Those the FJR specific yoshimuras? I maybe interested in taking those if your trading in your bike.
The stock exhaust drone was serious. There's no fjr emblems, but they (dual carbon fibre slip ons) are made for the fjr. (there's a doo hickey for the centre stand to slam - same as oem).

20200720_212220.jpg

Looks amazing. Congrats and safe riding.

EDIT:
Who puts 1000km a year on an FJR? Damn, that is an easy week or very long few days for it.

yeah.... I did 1000+ this weekend, most of it Saturday. Really love this thing. Just can’t seem to be able to get it on the centre stand. She’s too heavy ?
Technique, a little backwards roll, all your weight on your right foot and a little lift with your arms. You'll figure it out soon enough. Also, I add grip tape to the foot peg on the centre stand. Bare metal is too slippery when wet.

She's sexy

Edit: I mean the bike ;)

Yeah I know the technique.... didn’t have an issue with my f800. This thing weighs nearly 5x my weight so.
I can relate. Beemer not only takes all my weight I have to haul on the lift handle with all my might too, if she is on uneven rock it's way worse.
First thing to do is make sure both feet of the centre stand are touching down.

.... and leave the top box at home :|

Are you using the grab handle? Should pop up easy on the centre stand.......after the 1st time.

It's just a personal preference, I think they are dangerous,
or at least it feels that way when I ride with one on,
(y)nice backrest for the passenger though.

Back
Top Bottom