Normal car recommendation…. | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Normal car recommendation….

If you are still planning to get a dog, maybe consider checking out the Forester and Outback as well.
Forrester appears to have more headroom while the Outback appears to have more interior width...

Plus the Outback has a turbo XT option..
Have a 2018 Forester with the 2.5 base and it pulls decent and gets better fuel mileage than my daughter’s 2018 Crosstrek.

Better room and visibility too. The CVT has programmed shift points to simulate a regular slush box. Had two of them and highly recommend.

Last edited:
I saw one of these on the road the other day.
New Hyundai Santa Fe

Looks like a very high end luxury vehicle.

Don't know anything about it but it did "catch my eye".

1711482355685.png

been saying that Nissan is a Japanese version of GM for years, no surprise 3 of their models made the list....
Four if you count the infinity. For me, I think gm is above Nissan. Other than a gtr, I don't think I'd even consider a Nissan group vehicle.

Four if you count the infinity. For me, I think gm is above Nissan. Other than a gtr, I don't think I'd even consider a Nissan group vehicle.
My parents have had Nissans since 89....Sentra - Pathfinder x 2 - Rogue x 3 - Qashqai x 2...

Never any real issues with them, and while boring, they do have some of the best seats in the segment.

Buddy has a 2017/18 Rogue with 600,000km on it...no issue outside of some minor leaks and regular maintenance (oil change monthly) to keep it running.

Glad none of these are on my list of potential replacements....

The Maverick made this list...

My parents have had Nissans since 89....Sentra - Pathfinder x 2 - Rogue x 3 - Qashqai x 2...

Never any real issues with them, and while boring, they do have some of the best seats in the segment.

Buddy has a 2017/18 Rogue with 600,000km on it...no issue outside of some minor leaks and regular maintenance (oil change monthly) to keep it running.

its not that they are necessarily "bad" per se,

As with most GM models, there are far better engineered models on the market in its class.

An Altima or Malbu over an Accord?
A Sentra over a Civic?

its not that they are necessarily "bad" per se,

As with most GM models, there are far better engineered makers on the market in its class.
Agreed. Many people poo on Nissan...but they're good and decent cars. They're just not at the forefront of the industry.

The seats in the Nissan Altima are at the forefront of the industry. I love the Altima. Had one, sold it and got a cross over and then ended up going back to the Altima.

"Nissan designed the seats with NASA's zero-gravity space travel in mind. In space, the human body naturally holds a neutral posture, a position that puts less pressure on the body. Zero Gravity seats keep your posture in that ideal “weightless” position while driving here on earth"

No other vehicle I've ever been in has been as comfortable on long car rides. Hands down.

The seats in the Nissan Altima are at the forefront of the industry. I love the Altima. Had one, sold it and got a cross over and then ended up going back to the Altima.

"Nissan designed the seats with NASA's zero-gravity space travel in mind. In space, the human body naturally holds a neutral posture, a position that puts less pressure on the body. Zero Gravity seats keep your posture in that ideal “weightless” position while driving here on earth"

No other vehicle I've ever been in has been as comfortable on long car rides. Hands down.

Ah yes, nissan zero gravity marketing magic in with a nasa connection, pure brilliance.

does this mean they float away?

Outside of @SunnY S mocking, the seats in the Nissan have been a Godsend for my mother. She's had a bad back for many years and the Nissan is the one car where she doesn't feel any pain after extended drives. Volvos are a close second, but the price jump is considerable for similar vehicles.

I was planning on buying out my mom's Qashqai once she finished with it (as we did with their 2012 Rogue), but she managed to write it off before that was able to happen. I found it a good combination of features v size v cost in comparison to a lot of competitors out there.

And it sipped gas.

Outside of @SunnY S mocking, the seats in the Nissan have been a Godsend for my mother. She's had a bad back for many years and the Nissan is the one car where she doesn't feel any pain after extended drives. Volvos are a close second, but the price jump is considerable for similar vehicles.

I was planning on buying out my mom's Qashqai once she finished with it (as we did with their 2012 Rogue), but she managed to write it off before that was able to happen. I found it a good combination of features v size v cost in comparison to a lot of competitors out there.

And it sipped gas.
If Ma doesn't have one of these, maybe her bday is upcoming?

If Ma doesn't have one of these, maybe her bday is upcoming?

She's got one of these in the house. Doesn't need one in the car due to the good seats.

Her previous Qashqai was a funky green. Her current one is a boring white as they got rid of their funky colours.

Birthday passed about a month ago.

Agreed. Many people poo on Nissan...but they're good and decent cars. They're just not at the forefront of the industry.
I've had a few over the years, mostly good - except for resale value -- expect nothing, cause that's about what you'll get.

1970 510 - Great!
1979 210 Pickup - Great!
1990 Pathfinder - completely rotted out frame at 12 years - had to scrap, otherwise great
80 something Pulsar (wife's car) - Great!
2004 Xtrail - Great! Bought used for $1200 with 200Km 2013 as a learner for the kids. They beat it for it 80K.
2004? Q45 - Great, but depreciated from $80K 10 $2K in 10 years.
2016 Altima - LEMON, first car traded in before warranty. Depreciated from $40K to $10 K in 4 years.

Gonna take a lot to win me back after the huge depreciation, and the double-trouble I had with the Altima.

I've had a few over the years, mostly good - except for resale value -- expect nothing, cause that's about what you'll get.

1970 510 - Great!
1979 210 Pickup - Great!
1990 Pathfinder - completely rotted out frame at 12 years - had to scrap, otherwise great
80 something Pulsar (wife's car) - Great!
2004 Xtrail - Great! Bought used for $1200 with 200Km 2013 as a learner for the kids. They beat it for it 80K.
2004? Q45 - Great, but depreciated from $80K 10 $2K in 10 years.
2016 Altima - LEMON, first car traded in before warranty. Depreciated from $40K to $10 K in 4 years.

Gonna take a lot to win me back after the huge depreciation, and the double-trouble I had with the Altima.
I'd say poo is a reasonable opinion.

Back
Top Bottom