Normal car recommendation…. | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Normal car recommendation….

Wagons are the best.
Wish more affordable cars were available in a wagon option here.

It's a stick. You can jam all the power where ever you need it. (I have very little respect for rev limiters)

Subaru has enough trouble keeping head gaskets alive as it is. More power equals more head gaskets (or fix the design but they obviously aren't super interested in doing that).

The additional problem with Subaru's is that you need to drop the motor to do pretty much any engine work. That in itself is a huge pain/cost depending on whether you DIY or farm it out.

Wagons are the best.
Wish more affordable cars were available in a wagon option here.
I would have already traded in my GTI for a Sportwagen but...German...out of warranty...ugh...

I'm not baller as @Evoex where I can afford those types of wagons...but there's a super sexy sweet BMW 330XI Blue on lowering springs which has my heart in the area.

The additional problem with Subaru's is that you need to drop the motor to do pretty much any engine work. That in itself is a huge pain/cost depending on whether you DIY or farm it out.

On the flip side, if you can avoid an oil leak, the motor itself is super low maintenance - no belts and no valve adjustments (on my FB). Stuff that needs to be replaced eventually is easily accessible - A/C compressor/alternator/starter, and topside oil filter gives you the option of jack/ramp-less oil changes if you at some point add a drain valve like Fumoto, Stahlbus, etc.

Wait, I forgot about the rust-welded wheel bearings, ball joints, and rear camber adjusters. :cry:

Subaru has enough trouble keeping head gaskets alive as it is. More power equals more head gaskets (or fix the design but they obviously aren't super interested in doing that).
Had a Subaru for 8 years. Never again.

If you buy a Toyota it's doubtful the motor will need work. On my third one and so far everything I've had to do was what I would call a "consumable" - brakes and exhaust sort of thing.

Not sure what the heck is going on but my commute seems to be getting worse at the same times as always before…but never this bad.

More accidents, more cars, more idiots.

This killed motorcycle commuting for me previously (so I don’t do it), and it’s sucking the soul out of the GTI to me also.

Detailed the SUV so it’s ready to sell if all is good with my new truck tomorrow. It’s likely cleaner than my new truck (mats drying after a shampoo).
View attachment 67635
View attachment 67636
Sold in under 36hrs. Would have sold sooner but went for dinner/drinks yesterday. Lost count but had over 50 responses (at least 30 were “still available?” Ones and I don’t respond to those). Bitter sweet seeing it go because it had lots of good memories.
Not sure what the heck is going on but my commute seems to be getting worse at the same times as always before…but never this bad.

More accidents, more cars, more idiots.

This killed motorcycle commuting for me previously (so I don’t do it), and it’s sucking the soul out of the GTI to me also.
Uxbridge salesman said you can come get a new Maverick anytime ;)

Back
Top Bottom