Normal car recommendation…. | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Normal car recommendation….

Clutch.ca
I found the online buying sites to be 1000-1500$ lower on the offer than the dealership that bought it.

VW - $11k offer
Online - 13500-14500
Buying dealer - 15,000

All dealers I showed it to in person were at an even 15k.

Plus the online places wanted another $200-250 to pick the car up. Or I could drive it to their depot.

Had a test drive of a Subaru CROSSTREK Wilderness yesterday, and I must say I was rather impressed. It wasn't overly powerful, and the CVT+2.5L motor went...but it took some push to get it going.

Outside of that, it felt rather rough on the road (I liked), with more bodyroll than I'd like. The interior space was good, the infotainment was....Subaru...which means it's rather dated and lacking, but overall it was a good experience. And it can tow 3500lbs apparently with that 2.5.

Not sure I'd take that particular one, but it would def be on the list for cars to drive.

Hoping to take the Bolt EUV out tonight for a test drive depending on how things go.

Talk about a lot of plastics...

Crosstrek.jpg

If you are still planning to get a dog, maybe consider checking out the Forester and Outback as well.
Forrester appears to have more headroom while the Outback appears to have more interior width...

Plus the Outback has a turbo XT option..

I wasn't going to bring up the Aztec, but totally, that Subbi does have Aztec vibes when you look at the two side by side.

I'm confident I'm not the only one who had this pop into their head.

<goes and googles it before submitting reply - Yep, I'm not the only one who noticed the similarities lol. >

The Aztek was so ahead of it's time so nobody got it then :)
So as Subaru Baja..
View attachment 66715
Love those Bajas, and I almost got one back in the day...but then stupid practicality got the better of me and Hyundai Genesis Coupe won out.

I was a big fan of the Explorer Sport Trac, which appears to be similar to the Maverick.

I wonder when they'll come out with a hopped up version of the Maverick.

Even the same colour scheme here...

Had a test drive of a Subaru CROSSTREK Wilderness yesterday, and I must say I was rather impressed. It wasn't overly powerful, and the CVT+2.5L motor went...but it took some push to get it going.

Outside of that, it felt rather rough on the road (I liked), with more bodyroll than I'd like. The interior space was good, the infotainment was....Subaru...which means it's rather dated and lacking, but overall it was a good experience. And it can tow 3500lbs apparently with that 2.5.

Not sure I'd take that particular one, but it would def be on the list for cars to drive.

Hoping to take the Bolt EUV out tonight for a test drive depending on how things go.

Talk about a lot of plastics...

View attachment 66711
CVT? .... ugh!
Had a Civic 1.5T with the CVT, liked the car and hated the CVT (even after six years of ownership). Two major recalls, the most recent being the potential of fuel pump failure and a couple of TSBs that if you didn't ask for, you wouldn't get.

Last edited:
Love those Bajas, and I almost got one back in the day...but then stupid practicality got the better of me and Hyundai Genesis Coupe won out.

I was a big fan of the Explorer Sport Trac, which appears to be similar to the Maverick.

I wonder when they'll come out with a hopped up version of the Maverick.

Even the same colour scheme here...

I think they make a Maverick with the Tremor package do they not? Maybe a Raptor version in the future like the Ranger now has.

I think they make a Maverick with the Tremor package do they not? Maybe a Raptor version in the future like the Ranger now has.
Yes there’s a TREMOR package, but only on the AWD and not the Hybrid 2WD option.

How’s the new truck?

Ranger raptors are hugely popular in Thailand. Had tons of them, seemed to be quite the status symbol over there since its the biggest truck they can get (easily, without paying a %300 import tax on something like a G wagon) They also had current model rangers years ahead of north america. Think I started seeing that bodystyle over there somewhere around 2016 or 2017.

Also have a very nice ford SUV called the Ford Everest. Nice size, somewhat capable offroad, looked great in it's high end trim model. Wonder if we will get it as well down the road.

Back
Top Bottom