No more searching for pink slips | GTAMotorcycle.com

No more searching for pink slips

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Meh.

You still have to carry the ownership for the vehicle so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Of course, eventually the insurance companies will charge you a couple bucks if you want to have the slip as opposed to the electronic version.

Pink slip in wallet, copy of registration under seat. Never needed it on the bike yet. *knock on wood*

Phone dies/no cell reception to pull up email/someone borrows your car or bike/you travel out of province or country and forget you don't have a paper copy that's required there. Just keep a paper copy of ins/reg on bike and in car.

Store the photo on the phone ..not rocket science.
Except dead phone, no phone or old phone w/o photo capabilities. Prefer paper version for the bike in my wallet. Always have a copy of insurance and ownership in glovebox of my car if wife or kids are using it.

Or American border patrol, "Nice plants in your garden pics bud, lifetime ban for you!" ... no pun intended.

My brother-in-law was doing an old fashioned eviction (Furniture on the lawn) and had a cop standing by in case of trouble. When the evictee showed up to face reality he started talking about "All his stuff". The cop pointed to a bag of MJ and asked for a clarification.

If they make it so a cop can know if the vehicle is or is not insured before they pull you over, that would be news worthy.
The world going paperless isn't imho.

If they make it so a cop can know if the vehicle is or is not insured before they pull you over, that would be news worthy.
The world going paperless isn't imho.

How many years have the police and insurance industry been trying to make a publishable database of insured vehicles in this province?
Licenses? no problem
Ownership? no problem
up to date insurance records? No can do, PRIVACY ISSUES? WTF?

How many years have the police and insurance industry been trying to make a publishable database of insured vehicles in this province?
Licenses? no problem
Ownership? no problem
Long time ago I was pulled over while driving my car. My insurance slip had expired but the cop was able to check his computer to confirm I had valid insurance. So I think some form of this database must exist somewhere

Licenses? no problem
Ownership? no problem
It's amazing isn't it. The insurance industry can share a common database which shows your insurance history etc... but share this information for the people to inforce it.. nope. I guess it doesn't benefit them.

I will still get paper slips. You can still ask for them. I don't care if they say the app "locks" your phone. No way I'm handing over my phone to a cop and letting him take it back to the car. Big no, no

Reactions: DJM
12774-TinFoilHat-May-Move02_800x.gif

Ownersip stays the same so nothing changes over time.
Pink slips change yearly and I know I forget to up date them in the vehicles...easier with the phone option.

I will still get paper slips. You can still ask for them. I don't care if they say the app "locks" your phone. No way I'm handing over my phone to a cop and letting him take it back to the car. Big no, no
Don't hand them the phone, they can just look at it.

Smart phone technology is a trillion dollar industry because people let it into their lives too easily. After 50 years... Pink slip please.

Back
Top Bottom