No more license stickers… | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No more license stickers…

What's a license office? Is the testing center where you get you G1/M1, etc.

Is there any difference between what the public and private ones can do? If not, why not close the government ones, and leave it to the well-run private offices. SO is a lot more than dealer license plates and stickers. Replace lazy employees with those who can get stuff done quickly = more profit.
That's Drive Test.

If i'm not mistaken the SO covers the renewal of Health Cards and Drivers Licenses, this includes the occasional new mugshot.

I guess the whole “things could be worse” applies in this situation.
Still, people potentially losing their jobs, even if they are miserable - sucks.

The personnel problem at the Milton office has plagued it for years. If the government was only closing one office I'd gladly sign a petition.org petition to have the witches there swing.

I have 3 SO small offices within 10 minutes of my house -- all do the same thing, inefficiently at best.

Closest office to me is the one at the plaza on Dundurn + Main. It's run like a well oiled machine. Never saw less than 4 of the 6 wickets open. Everyone is pleasant and helpful. Last summer I was in and out in ten minutes getting stickers for the bike and truck.

Ontario operates 82 locations. 207 are private. Douggie has just cut revenue by >50% on the private businesses that are only compensated on commission. Expect 207 less locations very shortly. For ontario operated sites, the dealer employee is now freed up but as with MPs experience, dont be shocked if that doesnt mean much. If they didnt want to deal with the public in the past, they sure as hell wont want to deal with them now.
I'm not privy to their financial deal, but I do know the folks that own the local Service Ontario outlets seem to do OK. I understand they get a commission around $4 per transaction. So when you buy a car, the commission would be $4 on the UVIP issue, $4 on the reg or title transfer, $4 on the new plate issue, $4 on the sticker issue (and maybe $4 each if they collect 407 tax or unpaid parking fines).

Personally I'm fine dealing with contact centers and on-line. Up till a few years ago I used local bank branches a few times a month, haven't been inside a branch for at least 3 years -- should have the same level of efficiency and convenience from Service Ontario.

The personnel problem at the Milton office has plagued it for years. If the government was only closing one office I'd gladly sign a petition.org petition to have the witches there swing.

Closest office to me is the one at the plaza on Dundurn + Main. It's run like a well oiled machine. Never saw less than 4 of the 6 wickets open. Everyone is pleasant and helpful. Last summer I was in and out in ten minutes getting stickers for the bike and truck.
Not like that here in Markham. The east location normally has lineups of an hour, the Unionville one is a little better, but not much. I've recently started using the Keswick office, it's 10 minutes up the 404 from my office -- they are great and I've never waited.

I'd still prefer to do it from the comfort of my office, on-line.

I'm not privy to their financial deal, but I do know the folks that own the local Service Ontario outlets seem to do OK. I understand they get a commission around $4 per transaction. So when you buy a car, the commission would be $4 on the UVIP issue, $4 on the reg or title transfer, $4 on the new plate issue, $4 on the sticker issue (and maybe $4 each if they collect 407 tax or unpaid parking fines).

Personally I'm fine dealing with contact centers and on-line. Up till a few years ago I used local bank branches a few times a month, haven't been inside a branch for at least 3 years -- should have the same level of efficiency and convenience from Service Ontario.
Your compensation is way off from the prices I know. One year sticker renewal is less than $2. Two year, less than $0.25 more.

I would look forward to the one at Dundas east of Hurontario to close down. Worst service / lineups / grumpiness I've ever seen.

Best one was at Dundas / Dixie ... but they were so good they shut down.

Decent one is at Dundas and Glengarry in the back of the plaza. Updated, brand new, very nice setup and it takes a lot of people in at once.

I would look forward to the one at Dundas east of Hurontario to close down. Worst service / lineups / grumpiness I've ever seen.

Best one was at Dundas / Dixie ... but they were so good they shut down.

Decent one is at Dundas and Glengarry in the back of the plaza. Updated, brand new, very nice setup and it takes a lot of people in at once.

I found the first location you mentioned less busy than Dixie, but yes the people there weren't as knowledgeable (even though they thought they were). It's all moot with Glengarry, though. Take a number and have a seat. So much better than standing for an hour.

I found the first location you mentioned less busy than Dixie, but yes the people there weren't as knowledgeable (even though they thought they were). It's all moot with Glengarry, though. Take a number and have a seat. So much better than standing for an hour.
Maybe it was less busy than Dixie…but once Dixie closed the lineup is typically out the door.

Agreed about Glengarry. It’s nice to sit down.

Maybe it was less busy than Dixie…but once Dixie closed the lineup is typically out the door.

Agreed about Glengarry. It’s nice to sit down.

Lineup has always been out the door for me at any Mississauga location - I always go Saturday mornings just before opening to minimize my wait.

I've known the family that owns the Milton office for decades , since it was a backroom in the paint and wallpaper store. They have never been a cheerful lot LOL

Your compensation is way off from the prices I know. One year sticker renewal is less than $2. Two year, less than $0.25 more.
How can they make any money from that? If you can do 15 transactions an hour the place is grossing $30....minus my salary etc? Doesn't seem like it would be worth it....I guess they make more for other things? Or just thr volume of other transactions at the same time.

How can they make any money from that? If you can do 15 transactions an hour the place is grossing $30....minus my salary etc? Doesn't seem like it would be worth it....I guess they make more for other things? Or just thr volume of other transactions at the same time.
Other things pay a little better but not much. It's a volume game to make a living. The dealer counter made a hell of a lot more per hour than serving the public. Kill that and you probably cant cover rent anymore.

The numbers are hard to find, I pulled it from the 2013 Auditor General report on Service Ontario. I think they listed $3.84 as the commission.

Using your numbers they should be delighted to have the burden of issuing stickers off their chest -- LOH is at least $30/hr and there's no way a SO teller handles 15 transactions an hour. No business makes money exchanging 4 quarters for a dollar.

There is a lot to know and the tellers are mostly entry-level staff. I have been using smaller locations like Stoufville and Keswick lately as those offices have very few customers (no lineups). Another benefit is they usually have 2 staff - one of them is always an expert, I think in most cases the owner.

Last year I exchanged vehicles with one of my kids -- my big Jeep for his little one. The folks in Markham took 40 minutes to do the paperwork -- they called for help 3 times. I did the second car in Keswick -- took less than 10 minutes. Same for getting an ownership for 'no ownership' vehicles. In Markham it took 3 people and several calls -- they couldn't manage a pre-17 digit VIN, it was late and I was asked to return another day as they wanted to close up. I took the same paperwork to Keswick, it was done in a couple of minutes.

Haven't seen anyone mentioning receiving yet - just got my cheque in the mail for $297

Got my cheque on thursday, $653. I didn't realize how many bikes I've owned since March of 2020 lol.
Klr650
Z1000
Husky 450
Tenere 700
Tracer 900
Drz400s
That's a lot of stickers...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom