No more license stickers… | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No more license stickers…

May have possibly missed it in the thread, but how will they enforce collection of parking ticket and 407 fees going forward.

The sticker was always used to leverage payments of outstanding fines.
I believe you still have to renew, just at no charge. No renewal till the 407 get theirs.

Big money for students is in the tough jobs. My son did pool building, he started at 16 and quickly figured out the mechanical guys made $22/hr so he learned about pumps, heaters, and control systems (no shovels or wheelbarrows), got a company truck too -- but had to go 60 hours a week. Paid very well. My daughter did the cart girl thing at a high end golf course -- all she had to do was reliably show up every day to get as many shifts as she could handle. Paid a server's wage but tips averaged $250/day. Tough work -- blistering heat, rain, drunks, and the odd ignoramus member made most of the gals quit. She made enough to own and operate her own car while in Uni.

Sounds like your kids got into the right jobs. Summer of 2015 I did commercial solar panel installation. One day I walked 16km on the roof of the Home Depot in Peterborough. That was a rough day. At the time it was $16/hr and I thought I was killing it haha

Too much to read all of this thread. Do i need to renew my sticker for the bike or not? It expired last week. I went online and Service Ontario seemed willing to take my money. Huh?

Too much to read all of this thread. Do i need to renew my sticker for the bike or not? It expired last week. I went online and Service Ontario seemed willing to take my money. Huh?
Typically if it’s already expired you have to go to SO as expired stickers can’t be renewed online.

But it should be free as @Scuba Steve says. I need to renew my cars and bike this week also.

Typically if it’s already expired you have to go to SO as expired stickers can’t be renewed online.

But it should be free as @Scuba Steve says. I need to renew my cars and bike this week also.
I have renewed stickers that have been months or years expired on line many the never had a issue. After reading the warning that you can't renew a expired sticker online just carry on and it always goes through no issues.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Well worded comment fromToronto Star:

We cannot let a three-month bribing-streak erase the four years of greater inequality created by this government.
The people have a very short memory, especially when the party is rolling out free cash / stuff like there’s no tomorrow.

Let the good times roll! And let the next generation fix this mess.

V8VkuZc.jpeg

Lets not make this another politics thread, lets just take this as a sign Doug gets something, the stickers and implimentation took as much money as they apparently brought in.

Lets not make this another politics thread, lets just take this as a sign Doug gets something, the stickers and implimentation took as much money as they apparently brought in.
I still call BS on that argument. The fixed costs for SO will be almost unchanged but the revenue has been slashed. If you could could slash costs along with stickers your argument could work.

The ads I've heard on the radio are saying $1B in lost revenue....but revenue is not the same as profit....and they omit that.

I remember reading something that said 'we could hire X teachers for $1B'...no...no you can't.

The ads I've heard on the radio are saying $1B in lost revenue....but revenue is not the same as profit....and they omit that.

I remember reading something that said 'we could hire X teachers for $1B'...no...no you can't.
The numbers I heard early on were $1B of revenue but the cost was roughly 400K over $1B (1B. 400K) so they were operating at a lost.

The thing is as we still need to register each year there is still a cost to manage that but now there will be no revenue at all.... To me it makes much more sense to drop the stickers to save money and lower the costs but leave it at something at least enough to cover the costs now or even a bit of profit. Say $60 per car????

The numbers I heard early on were $1B of revenue but the cost was roughly 400K over $1B (1B. 400K) so they were operating at a lost.

The thing is as we still need to register each year there is still a cost to manage that but now there will be no revenue at all.... To me it makes much more sense to drop the stickers to save money and lower the costs but leave it at something at least enough to cover the costs now or even a bit of profit. Say $60 per car????
Agree. There is no way the "stickers" cost that much. I am thinking on the order of $5 to $10 to make and distribute each sticker (including private SO office fee). That leaves >$110 in "profit". It would be interesting to see how they managed to turn +110 into -40. Public SO? General government waste? The math doesn't add up. There is a huge liability they are associating with stickers that I think is inappropriate (either a fixed cost or something entirely unrelated). Removing the stickers won't remove that liability. Now, there is a chance that past government graft got them there. Maybe they were paying $150/sticker to get them manufactured which would be ridiculous and entirely inappropriate but not all that surprising.

Agree. There is no way the "stickers" cost that much. I am thinking on the order of $5 to $10 to make and distribute each sticker (including private SO office fee). That leaves >$110 in "profit". It would be interesting to see how they managed to turn +110 into -40. Public SO? General government waste? The math doesn't add up. There is a huge liability they are associating with stickers that I think is inappropriate (either a fixed cost or something entirely unrelated). Removing the stickers won't remove that liability. Now, there is a chance that past government graft got them there. Maybe they were paying $150/sticker to get them manufactured which would be ridiculous and entirely inappropriate but not all that surprising.

But what about everything that supports the manufacture of those stickers? If they're doing it in-house, then they're buying/maintaining a bunch of printers/presses, and paying people to oversee/perform production and maintenance. Then there's got to be some IT to tie the sticker numbers to the license plates, and that has its own overhead. This is even more tricky if they outsource, because of additional security overhead. Nevermind the fewer people they need in the SO kiosks, or fewer SO locations. They recently closed the Dixie location in Mississauga in favour of the one in Westdale Mall (which is pretty nice, but the way). What they need to do next is really promote the use of online services. They actually used to penalize you for it by charging an extra couple bucks as a "convenience" fee. What an idiotic approach.

Has anyone tried "renewing" your sticker now that it's March 15th?
The site has been updated.
It's referred to now as "License Plate Renewal" and not "License Sticker Renewal"

Back
Top Bottom