No Harley Bikes here ..? | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No Harley Bikes here ..?

scraping hard parts is one of the things that turns me off cruisers. The last one I owned got too much scraping at times when I wasn’t looking for sparks. — like almost every time I tried to make a right turn above 40kmh. Surprise scrapes are a bit unnerving.

I scrape my floorboards all the time. Since the course and increased confidence in flopping it right over I've started scraping new bits beyond those LOL.

I will agree that a cruiser is limited when it comes to spirited riding. But I like the challenge.

Anybody notice Batwoman rides a Harley that has the sound track of a 4 cylinder short stroke engine :LOL:

I scrape my floorboards all the time. Since the course and increased confidence in flopping it right over I've started scraping new bits beyond those LOL.

I will agree that a cruiser is limited when it comes to spirited riding. But I like the challenge.
Floorboards???????
How can you not scrape FLOORBOARDS?

Probably because the Harley sound is copyrighted.

Sent from the moon!

Off topic but:

For those that saw John Wick 3, the bikes used were FZ09s, but to me it is not the sound those triples make.

Ok. Almost every time you see a bike in the movies the sound is dubbed with something completely incorrect for the bike shown.

Watch any Fast and Furious

Ok. Almost every time you see a bike in the movies the sound is dubbed with something completely incorrect for the bike shown.

Watch any Fast and Furious
The ones with the 11 speed trannys. Lol

Probably because the Harley sound is copyrighted.

Sent from the moon!

Nope.
They tried to copyright the sound but got laughed out of court.
... and we all know Batgirl rode a Yamaha 2T twin.
BzXR8D9CMAAPMEP.jpg

A Yamaha YDS5

Yooooo that's a lot to take in

We wanted this:
thumb_batwoman-cosplay-and-her-sci-fi-bike-43285302.png

we got this:
ruby-rose-as-batwoman-for-dc-s-new-tv-pilot-filmed-in-chicago-03-30-2019-2.jpg

Is that a Pepsi trash placement ad
:| it worked, I suddenly want a Pepsi

... and since we're dispelling Hollywood myths...
Fonzie, or Henry Winkler, from "Happy Days" was afraid of motorcycles and never rode one. EVER.

Actually, he did but only for a few feet.

Jump to 1:02 min.

Why does everyone seem to assume that if you don't like harleys it's because you've never ridden one? I've taken many demo rides on them and it just reinforces my dislike. For example sitting on one in full leathers and still almost burned my right leg on the pipe. Push rods and pre-unit construction in the 21st century??
As a designer style over function always bothers me. Then again I find Apple guilty of the same thing but both companies have no shortage of customers.

I've ridden bunches of HD's, Victory's and metric cruisers.
The HD's had the widest spread of performance by far - braking, acceleration, turning etc. What should have been easy braking required extreme force to activate the front brakes, some stopped nicely. Some were easy to turn, others were not. Some caused me extreme lower back pain, others OK.
The metric cruisers were the most comfortable for me overall - not even a contest. Second were Victory (Hammer S was great, Magnum hurt my back much worse than any "extreme" level sport bike) and lastly, the HD's were overall the least comfortable.

As with Timtune, I can't understand the design over function aspect. How can a company regurgitate basically the same product for 50 years, refusing to advance with the times suddenly start crying because their sales are down?

So, people claim that I don't like HD's because I don't own one. Tried them, my gf really wants me to get one, but just no. Not gonna happen.

Just saw an ad from a Harley dealer in my fb page.$50,000 for a CVO something!
With that kind of price, is it a bragging rights thing?

Just saw an ad from a Harley dealer in my fb page.$50,000 for a CVO something!
With that kind of price, is it a bragging rights thing?

I never get that either . You can buy a stock HD and put in a S&S motor with more power for less cost then the CVO line .

Why does everyone seem to assume that if you don't like harleys it's because you've never ridden one? I've taken many demo rides on them and it just reinforces my dislike. For example sitting on one in full leathers and still almost burned my right leg on the pipe. Push rods and pre-unit construction in the 21st century??
As a designer style over function always bothers me. Then again I find Apple guilty of the same thing but both companies have no shortage of customers.
Every once and a while a product has the basic framework that meets a customer's needs for a very long time, all that's really needed is some periodic restyling and upgrades. Think about the air cooled Beetle (65+years), Boeing 737 (50+ years), Honda SuperCub (60+years). These products have stood the test of time, they have had periodic upgrades -- they developed a loyal following that met the expectations of their customers enough to keep them in production. Seems like an enviable position to me.

Perhaps the end of the potato-potato-potato HD is coming, if so it's not coming all that fast. HD still gets more for their bikes than anyone else -- even more than those high-tech marvels from Japan and Germany.

There is a market for style over function and it's big. A $100 Timex Expedition has more tech than a $7K Rolex Oyster, A $45 Basspro Extreme will outperform a $2300 Keepall Bandouliere 45 travel bag, and my $1 BIC does a better job than my MontBlanc Meisterstuk.

Back
Top Bottom