No Harley Bikes here ..? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No Harley Bikes here ..?

Every once and a while a product has the basic framework that meets a customer's needs for a very long time, all that's really needed is some periodic restyling and upgrades. Think about the air cooled Beetle (65+years), Boeing 737 (50+ years), Honda SuperCub (60+years). These products have stood the test of time, they have had periodic upgrades -- they developed a loyal following that met the expectations of their customers enough to keep them in production. Seems like an enviable position to me.
I forgot one ... Yamaha FJR .

New 2020 Indian Challenger

2020-Indian-Challenger-Features.jpg

Man, that looks like another Harley knock-off. Indian, being the traditional arch-rival to HD is gunning for the top dawg I guess. But can't they do anything original? Why does it look just like a cheap version of a Road Glide?

Man, that looks like another Harley knock-off. Indian, being the traditional arch-rival to HD is gunning for the top dawg I guess. But can't they do anything original? Why does it look just like a cheap version of a Road Glide?
My thoughts exactly. Almost complete knock-off. I guess they can't do anything original.

“Another Cheap knock off”.

Spoken like a true Harley snob.

I’ve had people tell me that I’m trying to make my VTX into a cheap Harley knock off because it has a batwing on it. :rolleyes:

It don't look cheap to me, but they could have named it the Indian Bulbous Orb :LOL:

Had a good look at the Indian lineup a few weeks ago at Apex in Cambridge. They appear to be very innovative. Fit and finish is above the Harley standard i think.

My thoughts exactly. Almost complete knock-off. I guess they can't do anything original.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

I want one of these!

Man, that looks like another Harley knock-off. *SNIP*
But can't they do anything original?

What?!?! Are you implying that Harley is doing original things? Eesh. They've been producing the same lump for over 50 years with minor modifications along the way to meet EPA standards etc.

What?!?! Are you implying that Harley is doing original things? Eesh. They've been producing the same lump for over 50 years with minor modifications along the way to meet EPA standards etc.
Well it's their own lump, not a direct copy (visually) of someone's else design.

2020-Indian-Challenger-Features.jpg

Interesting. Not a fan fan of the giant wing. It looks like the backrest box off an old-man 4-wheeler.

Dyno has good hp numbers but it was a little sad how resistant to revving it was (even when unloaded). I guess that is the unavoidable consequence of having two paint cans bouncing up and down.

sure does look like a copy
I like the engine performance though

RG torque drops off steeply after 3K RPM
The Indian pulls strong from idle up to 5K RPM

Indian is still > than 100 lb/ft at that point
the HD is making 80 lb/ft and dropping like a stone

Indian would make for a much more ride-able bike with that flat torque curve

Xq6U9HL.jpg

2sqqX9X.jpg

The Indian is a pretty bike, methinks this may be more appealing to a potential GL1800BL buyer.

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom