Next Bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Next Bike

Next Bike

• Total voters
The GSX-R 750 is a great all around machine. As you have mentioned it weighs the same as a 600 and almost as much power as the 1000.
I find it very easy to ride on the street, haven't done a track day in my life but i'm interested to see what the bike can do there.

I prefer the looks of the K8 750 over the ZX-10 (Personal preference)
I have a K6 750 and I love it, couldn't of been happier with any other choice.
Good luck with your next bike purchase and I hope you join Team Suzuki this time around!
Thank you for the input.
Looks wise I actually really like the K7 which i believe is the same as the K6, love the short exhaust but the front end is besauuuuglyy, but whatever I think it has everything I am looking for in a bike.

Is insurance an issue for you?

Also, I have an '03 ZX-9R and find that the low end torque is great, but if you want to "stretch it's legs," it's too much on the street and you get into impound territory in 2nd gear. And that's older, heavier and less power than the ZX10. I also miss the light handling of my old 600. I'm considering going back to a CBR 600RR for my next bike.
Insurance is not an issue, I really like your Bike but I agree with you, its a bit to bulky for me, I loved the way my Zx6r handled but It lacked power, I considered the 05-06- 636 but I have decided to move on from the 600 class.

Get the ZX10R. Liter bikes are pretty much the best, anything under is an underpowered toy, useless for the street.
We can argue that the zx10 compared to a zx14 is also an underpowered toy lol

ZX10R if money IS an issue!!!! They were under selling yams and hondas by a couple grand when I picked up my 09!!! $14,300 taxes in with extended warranty!!! Hit up Jack and Jill's in midland and see what they might be offering these days.

If money isn't your issue, BMWs1000rr (you know you wanna for the bragging rights).

If style is your choice but you don't wanna be challenged at every light AND lose, avoid the Ducati 1098, or 1198, but go for the cafe retro Sport 1000 model. Mmmmm smell the special blend aroma!

If you got time and money KTM RC8RR.
I am not getting a Yami, not my cup of tea for many reasons I am not going to discuss as someone will get in an argument with me lol. Not a Ducati guy, I rode a 1098 and a 1198, amazing lower band power but if I wanted to buy a vibrator I would spend less money on it :). If I am ever going to get into a BMWs1000rr it will not be the first year, yet to see what is wrong with it, I did have the chance to ride one end of last year and all I can say is Holly ****! amazing! very different feeling than any jap bike, you have to keep the revs really high for it to be smooth, that's what the owner told me and he was right, really weird. I am not looking to brake the bank neither ;)

i currently ride the 05 zx 636
i owned an aprilia rs 125
honda cbr f4i
rode countless bikes, of them all, i like the repsol 1000.
honda's are very smooth and easy to predict.
kawi's are twitchy, aggressive, handle incredibly
gsxr's, no idea, never tried one, dont really like the style.

really, it depends on how you ride and what you want to do with the bike.
for a street, i woulda stick with a honda.
Ahhh, you my friend have a really good taste in Bikes, 636 is the perfect 600 - The RS with the Rotax two stroke engine probably one of my favorite bikes ever and also the F4i.

I will take a look at the Repsol, never been on one; I meant to anyways before making my final decision. The only thing I have a problem with is the fact that Hondas charge more than anyone else just due to the brand name, matter of principle more than money but it is a gorgeous Bike.

You are right in regards to the Kawis been twitchy and aggressive, that is what I like about them, I like how they become the devil once it hits 10k rpm.

These are just my opinions about some of the mentioned bikes, I may be wrong and definitely not trying to put any bike down...maybe except the Duc ..JK.

Thank you for the comments guys!

Last edited:
Ducati 848 killer looks, more torque and the sound of a twin, not really much of a price difference.

Ducati 848 killer looks, more torque and the sound of a twin, not really much of a price difference.

at 17k for 120 HP, I feel I am not getting the best bang for the buck. However, for what I have read it is an excellent bike laking the electrical and mechanical issues prior Ducs had.

Last edited:
I'd say one with ABS but we probably look for different things in a bike. :p

i have a 05 636 and i love the bike. I took my buddies 675 Daytona out for a bit, and wasn't to impressed. Like my 636 a lot better (IMO)

My next bike will defiantly be a 750 gsx-r. My only problem with it is, it's a gsx-r

Get the ZX10R. Liter bikes are pretty much the best, anything under is an underpowered toy, useless for the street.

I have the opposite opinion that Litre bikes aren't fun for street riding at all. I personally like to push through the gears, and work a bike. With a litre bike you could run around in first gear all the time, and not be as good as a zx6 in the turns because of the weight difference.

2009 ZX6r all the way.

But... damn a 2011 ZX10r mmmm I'd love that for the track.

under 1000c for street ... vtwin or v4
1000c or over ...choose what you like!

+ 1

The 636 to me is the perfect bike, i know its not even on your radar, but for looks, performance and deven reliability this bike rocks ( 03/04 more so), I know suzukis are great, but could never bring myself to buy one cuz ya its a gixxer!

I don't get it, why is everybody hating on the gixxers?
ironically it still has more votes than the other options...

I think it's because gixxers are seen as the Honda Civics of the motorcycle community. Too many out there.

I am just joking about it, there is a reason why it is my top choice so far

It doesn't have anywhere near the power of the 1000. About 35-40HP less, depending on the year.

According to topspeed.com the K6 750 puts out about 127HP and the K6 1000 puts out about 152 HP...
Never ridden a 1000 so i can't speak out of experience but i will gladly sacrifice 25 HP for better handling and a more forgiving ride!

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/suzuki/suzuki-gsxr-750-ar1860.html

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/suzuki/2006-suzuki-gsxr-1000-ar1858.html

According to topspeed.com the K6 750 puts out about 127HP and the K6 1000 puts out about 152 HP...
Never ridden a 1000 so i can't speak out of experience but i will gladly sacrifice 25 HP for better handling and a more forgiving ride!

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/suzuki/suzuki-gsxr-750-ar1860.html

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/suzuki/2006-suzuki-gsxr-1000-ar1858.html

Would you care to explain why the 750 will handle better?
Both bikes are identical with the exception of engine power.
Same weight, height, wheelbase and geometry.

As I have mentioned earlier, I never rode a 1000 so I can't speak out of experience.
But I have been told by several experienced riders that that's the case... correct me if I'm wrong...

Back
Top Bottom