Next Bike

Next Bike

• Total voters

ZX600

Site Supporter
I had a 2008 ZX6R untill last week - I will be Purchasing a new one to me soon

I have narrowed the choices to the 3 on the poll

ZX10 (2008-2009) I am a Kawi guy and I will like to upgrade to a bigger bike

Zx6R (2009) Bigger front Forks, Ligher than my last bike, standard stearing damper and more

GSXR 750 (2008 - 2009) Bigger engine than a 600 but less weight than a 1000, I rode the bike and loved it, handled very well and it was fast.

This is important to me as I really want to make the right choice. I will like to get your opinions and if you have one ofthese 3 bikes feel free to expand on your thoughts

Criteria for opinions:
Technology
Performance
Your experience on relaibility

I really don't care if your think Gixxers Rule or if R1's are pretty and such, I really just care about performance and technology

and I have already tested all 3 bikes, I am just trying to find out anything else I may have missed out of everything i have read or experienced on them

Thank you for your opinions!

Last edited:
No chance of the new ZX-10R? The KIBS and traction control is pretty cool, you know you want it.

I know that the zx6r was class leading for the 600's. Raved about good midrange on it.

The 750 is unique (no one does 750s any more)

the zx10 would be the most comfortable? Seeing as it is the biggest. I have no clue on this though. I believe the cbr1000rr was the class leader for those years.

If money isn't an issue (both in cost of bike and insurance premiums), my first pick would be the ZX10. Second pick would be the GSXR750.

KawasakiZX10R2008Of_04.jpg

I'm partial to the Kawi's and I'd go 600 over 1000 for the insurance savings alone.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Kawi's, but can't beat how gsxr's have parts a plenty available for them (just in case).

Buy a cheap crappy street bike for the posing, spend the rest on a trackbike.

I LOVE 04/05 zx10's and 08/09 zx10's they feel and look great!

SuperZX is my friend and i care about his safety, so i made him a custom bike more suitable to his riding style.
I made the extra tall wheelie bars you requested, they also serve as crash bars in case you loop it or the power is too much for you to handle. :D

Better call the Toy Hauler for transport to Toronto... :lmao:

221601_10150240747152953_591492952_8546550_7329864_n.jpg

Buy a cheap crappy street bike for the posing, spend the rest on a trackbike.
Like you, I like street riding as much as track riding....and posing even more than both :)

SuperZX is my friend and i care about his safety, so i made him a custom bike more suitable to his riding style.
I made the extra tall wheelie bars you requested, they also serve as crash bars in case you loop it or the power is too much for you to handle. :D

Better call the Toy Hauler for transport to Toronto... :lmao:

you forgot the plastic lady you use everyday as a 2Upper

That year of ZX10 is bad ***. Go for the 10 if money is not a problem. But I would go ZX10, Gix750 then ZX6R. All the mid range torque the 600 will have will still be nothing compared to the 750.

Gsxr 750 winning big time

Gsxr 750 winning big time
The GSX-R 750 is a great all around machine. As you have mentioned it weighs the same as a 600 and almost as much power as the 1000.
I find it very easy to ride on the street, haven't done a track day in my life but i'm interested to see what the bike can do there.

I prefer the looks of the K8 750 over the ZX-10 (Personal preference)
I have a K6 750 and I love it, couldn't of been happier with any other choice.
Good luck with your next bike purchase and I hope you join Team Suzuki this time around!

Is insurance an issue for you?

Also, I have an '03 ZX-9R and find that the low end torque is great, but if you want to "stretch it's legs," it's too much on the street and you get into impound territory in 2nd gear. And that's older, heavier and less power than the ZX10. I also miss the light handling of my old 600. I'm considering going back to a CBR 600RR for my next bike.

ZX10R if money IS an issue!!!! They were under selling yams and hondas by a couple grand when I picked up my 09!!! $14,300 taxes in with extended warranty!!! Hit up Jack and Jill's in midland and see what they might be offering these days.

If money isn't your issue, BMWs1000rr (you know you wanna for the bragging rights).

If style is your choice but you don't wanna be challenged at every light AND lose, avoid the Ducati 1098, or 1198, but go for the cafe retro Sport 1000 model. Mmmmm smell the special blend aroma!
2006-ducati-sport1000c-1024x788.jpg

If you got time and money KTM RC8RR.

i currently ride the 05 zx 636
i owned an aprilia rs 125
honda cbr f4i
rode countless bikes, of them all, i like the repsol 1000.
honda's are very smooth and easy to predict.
kawi's are twitchy, aggressive, handle incredibly
gsxr's, no idea, never tried one, dont really like the style.

really, it depends on how you ride and what you want to do with the bike.
for a street, i woulda stick with a honda.

Back
Top Bottom