New MV Agusta dealer in Hamilton | GTAMotorcycle.com

New MV Agusta dealer in Hamilton

coyo

Site Supporter
I happened by Sturgess Cycle yesterday as I had some time to burn and am having PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome). I was surprised to see that they had recently become an MV Agusta dealer and had a few bikes on the floor.

800 Rivale

IMG_1693_zps828bce78.jpg

IMG_1692_zps933cb53c.jpg

800 Dragster

IMG_1694_zpsd1d094a6.jpg

IMG_1696_zps78170dd3.jpg

They also had an F3, but I've ridden it and was not impressed.

I really like the line and wish them well. There is unsold 2012 inventory sitting in Ontario so they have their work cut out for them.

800 Rivale

IMG_1692_zps933cb53c.jpg

I have actually run my hand over the back of that very bike, under Rays' watchful eye, while delicately explaining a bike like that would lose 50% of it's value in 6 months under my haphazard stewardship. Gorgeous machine. Sturgess Cycle is a good dealership.

The exhaust is really something else. Vehicle looks awesome.

Last edited:
I have actually run my hand over the back of that very bike, under Rays' watchful eye, while delicately explaining a bike like that would lose 50% of it's value in 6 months under my haphazard stewardship. Gorgeous machine. Sturgess Cycle is a good dealership.

I had a nice sit on it (and the Dragster). The Rivale is either same or very close to the same seat height as my SD... So toes it is!

Thank you for sharing this post and giving us a shout out :) If you wish to see more of the MV Agusta line we will be at the upcoming motorcycle show Feb 21-23!

royal distributing has been selling them for 2, maybe 3 years now and one of the sales reps there told me parts are a pain in the you know what to get because they come from Italy...the parts and service for them is very limited in Canada and even though they look good, I wouldn't get one just for this reason...although, now that sturgess sells them, that might make a few potential buyers change their minds...pricey though...

Dunno but I love the F3 800. Id still pick the RSV4 over it but just by a hair. And recent experience says that Japanese bikes are suffering supply problems as well.

Last edited:
royal distributing has been selling them for 2, maybe 3 years now and one of the sales reps there told me parts are a pain in the you know what to get because they come from Italy...the parts and service for them is very limited in Canada and even though they look good, I wouldn't get one just for this reason...although, now that sturgess sells them, that might make a few potential buyers change their minds...pricey though...

I got all my aftermarket parts from http://www.designcorse.com/ and OEM from http://www.startwintrading.com/
Never had to wait more than 10 days.

Dunno but I love the F3 800. Id still pick the RSV4 over it but just by a hair. And recent experience says that Japanese bikes are suffering supply problems as well.

Stay with the V4, more fun. When it comes to reliability, the MV has been amazing, zero issues.

Last edited:

I haven't had any issues with parts. For regular maintenance I ordered the oil filter a few weeks before i needed it. Royal Distributing still received it in a couple days. Basic parts don't come from Italy they come from the Canadian supplier in Canada. If the bike needs work done, theres Dukes of Cycle. Doesn't take away from the ownership experience you get with an MV. These bikes are not perfect but are big on character. Very cool owning a bike that gets lots of looks and you don't see riding around everywhere.

Last edited:
Do you have any oil filters in stock for the F4?

I have 3, 2 are the stock paper element and 1 Scotts Performance washable/reusable, also 3 liters of the agip 10/60 and some other goodies, pm if interested.

Did just that. I looked long and hard at MV, they're just so damn Beautiful. But when it came time to buy, the value just wasn't there for me.

That's the argument most people will end up making .... gorgeous bikes with a lot of top end technology (with reportedly very sorted fuelling finally) resulting in very good power/weight ratio.

If the cash is not there waiting to be burnt, I don't see how you can go for it. The bike will not be 3x more fun than what I have now ... but I would want one, no question about it ... :)

Having them at motorcycle dealers is the best thing they could do to help sales. I have never considered on in the past as they are at royal distributing and have no one with any knowledge or desire to sell them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom