New member here! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New member here!

Hi
I am a new rider. Did my M2 training course in august and just bought a 2012 Kawasaki 650 sports touring last Friday. I’ve been loving the rides so far (only driven 50km max in a trip yet). I am trying to add a quad lock fork stem mount but not sure if I can remove this from my handle bars? Please advise
The clamp holding your handlebars on??? You can remove it but you can't ride the bike until it is back on.

Does it mean I can’t install the fork stem lock on my motorcycle because this clamp is blocking the access to fork stem?
Post a pic of what you're trying to install. Maybe that will give a better idea.
The piece that you circled holds the handlebar in place from what I see, so unless there are other arrangements, it will have to go back on. Not sure if I'm missing something.

Does it mean I can’t install the fork stem lock on my motorcycle because this clamp is blocking the access to fork stem?

Your bike has a bridged handlebar mount similar to this:
1652064373654.png
If you insist on using a steering stem-mounted holder, then you would need to replace the bridged mount with unbridged mounts, like this:

1652064444827.png

The trick will be figuring out which ones will fit your top clamp. Personally, I think you're better off using a different mount if you want less hassle and a quicker installation. Something like a RAM 7/8" handlebar mounting ball that could go anywhere along your handlebar:

1652064741847.png
Or something like this that can be mounted anywhere:

1652064851248.png

Your bike has a bridged handlebar mount similar to this:
View attachment 54902
If you insist on using a steering stem-mounted holder, then you would need to replace the bridged mount with unbridged mounts, like this:

View attachment 54903

The trick will be figuring out which ones will fit your top clamp. Personally, I think you're better off using a different mount if you want less hassle and a quicker installation. Something like a RAM 7/8" handlebar mounting ball that could go anywhere along your handlebar:

View attachment 54904
Or something like this that can be mounted anywhere:

View attachment 54905
Thanks! Makes perfect sense

Hi
I am a new rider. Did my M2 training course in august and just bought a 2012 Kawasaki 650 sports touring last Friday. I’ve been loving the rides so far (only driven 50km max in a trip yet). I am trying to add a quad lock fork stem mount but not sure if I can remove this from my handle bars? Please advise
I think you need to get handlebar mount not fork stem mount for your bike’s set up.

Back
Top Bottom