New member here! | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New member here!

This one is in stock at Fortnine for the 2nd gen DL650 and if it works like on my DL650, then it's easier to lift the bike with this one and will have a higher ground clearance than OEM as well. See if they will compensate you if you bought it, and then install it for you, or they can lower the price of your bike by $400 and you install it yourself, which is quite easy.
Honestly, it is hard for me to trust them at the moment. It’ll cost me another $400 if they don’t compensate. I can ask them to lower the price of the bike and refund, but I feel like they won’t be happy with this request. At least worth a try if they don’t get back next week.

Honestly, it is hard for me to trust them at the moment. It’ll cost me another $400 if they don’t compensate. I can ask them to lower the price of the bike and refund, but I feel like they won’t be happy with this request. At least worth a try if they don’t get back next week.
Can you find out if a 1st gen centrestand will work on a 2nd gen model?

Yes that’s true. But my points are; they aren’t even sorry, trying to discourage me from my complaint, not taking the responsibility by themselves. Why do I need to keep pushing them to fix their fault?
I agree it was not right for them to do what they did in the first place. All I’m saying is now that they’ve ordered the part and offered you an alternative because of the back order, it’s kind of up to you to choose which way you want to go and wait it out. You basically can’t blame them for anything past the 19th.

Then ask them to order that stand for you instead me f the OEM. Surely the OEM is more expensive.

I agree it was not right for them to do what they did in the first place. All I’m saying is now that they’ve ordered the part and offered you an alternative because of the back order, it’s kind of up to you to choose which way you want to go and wait it out. You basically can’t blame them for anything past the 19th.
I disagree. If they took something off my bike and then told me it is ordered but they have no idea when it will arrive and SK can point to a store with a centrestand in stock, the dealer should be getting the alternate shipped today if the buyer agrees to the substitution. The dealer screwed up, tried to get away with it and now is trying to take the cheapest way out for them even when it further inconveniences their customer. Not cool.

This doesn't pass the smell test. Sellers market?

According to a post from stromtrooper: “The center stand will fit but it won't have a rubber stop. It will clang against the bottom of the bike when raised and rub while running.”

The reason I ask is that I have an 1st gen OEM centre stand as a spare. If they continue to delay or give you a hard time, and you want this one, you can have it because maybe it doesn’t need a modified stopper like the SW-Motech ones does. If it does need a modified stopper then try and make it work, because making a tiny bracket to get it to stop is very easy - I had to do that with my SW-Motech one when I put an aftermarket exhaust on. If it doesn’t work, then give it back to me and I’ll sell it.

I disagree. If they took something off my bike and then told me it is ordered but they have no idea when it will arrive and SK can point to a store with a centrestand in stock, the dealer should be getting the alternate shipped today if the buyer agrees to the substitution. The dealer screwed up, tried to get away with it and now is trying to take the cheapest way out for them even when it further inconveniences their customer. Not cool.

We're saying exactly the same thing. BS until the 19th, then they ordered an OEM stand, but it's backordered. They offered something else due to the backorder, but OP insisted on the OEM stand. OP should tell them he wants the aftermarket one IF THATS WHAT HE WANTS. But the ball is in his court, otherwise the OEM stand is at the mercy of the supply chain. I have a $7 spring that's preventing me from riding one of my bikes. I was quoted up to 8 weeks from AF1 in the US. Two Wheel told me to just order from AF1. Vos said 3 weeks. I don't really believe that, but I ordered from them anyways just to see. I figure worst case, if it doesn't arrive in 3 weeks, it's not a shipping problem, and even AF1 wouldn't be able to get it any sooner. On the other hand, I ordered a bunch of OEM parts for my 998 expecting them to arrive in a month, and they arrived in 3 days from the Netherlands!

If the stand is on backorder, you can't expect it to show up in a week and there's not a whole lot the dealership can do at that point. The fact that they're offering you something else of your choice is pretty good, especially if they're doing it based on the value of a new part, and you can find a used center stand on ebay or stromtrooper for less.
I agree that after April 30th it’s on me now. It’s just I didn’t know up until April 28th that they ordered centre stand. I was offered other options on April 30th. And all the communication was made after my pursuit. If they were more clear and informative, I would have known what to expect.

The reason I ask is that I have an 1st gen OEM centre stand as a spare. If they continue to delay or give you a hard time, and you want this one, you can have it because maybe it doesn’t need a modified stopper like the SW-Motech ones does. If it does need a modified stopper then try and make it work, because making a tiny bracket to get it to stop is very easy - I had to do that with my SW-Motech one when I put an aftermarket exhaust on. If it doesn’t work, then give it back to me and I’ll sell it.
Thank you so much. I will contact them on Monday if thats ok for them to send me an aftermarket one (for ex. directly from fortnine) or refund me the cost of fortnine so I can order from them.

If that doesn’t work, maybe I can try yours and pay you if your gen1 suits mine.

Hey guys, I received the centre stand but couldn’t install it. Sw motech bolts are size m10x1.25 I couldn’t tighten them to my bike. Previous owner used 7/16-20 bolts there and that’s definitely larger than m10. Please see below pics

881F5EB3-E52B-47CA-80EE-A627870E67E7.jpeg
9A159667-37FE-4905-9948-3CA39C53268D.jpeg

I thought about getting 7/16-20 size bolts, suitable washers and arranging spacers somehow but in the end bolts won’t fit to sw motech mounting brackets.
9A52405F-AE85-407D-8DE8-8D26CD7F3CC5.jpeg

Is there a way to secure m10 bolts into my bike’s slightly bigger mounting points? Sorry if thats a dumb idea😊
Or any other idea you have?

First thing I would do is contact SW Moto support before you do something irreversible. Doesn't make sense that there are imperial threads on a metric motorcycle.

First thing I would do is contact SW Moto support before you do something irreversible. Doesn't make sense that there are imperial threads on a metric motorcycle.
I’m kind of sure that those threads were enlarged. There are 2 holes on each side of the bike. Previous brackets were secured with 3 bolts only. Those 3 holes are bigger. Unused one still takes metric m10 bolt.

If the holes on the bike were drilled out and rethreaded to imperial just get some new bolts or am I missing something? If it means enlarging the holes in a couple brackets so be it.

If the holes on the bike were drilled out and rethreaded to imperial just get some new bolts or am I missing something? If it means enlarging the holes in a couple brackets so be it.
Can I do that with a regular drill bit? What if I use nuts to secure original bolts?

If already threaded I'd use the imperial bolts and regular drill bit to enlarge the bracket.

Hi
I am a new rider. Did my M2 training course in august and just bought a 2012 Kawasaki 650 sports touring last Friday. I’ve been loving the rides so far (only driven 50km max in a trip yet). I am trying to add a quad lock fork stem mount but not sure if I can remove this from my handle bars? Please advise

Attachments

• B187977A-AC74-4B4E-AC06-EBA88EFBBDCE.jpeg
    B187977A-AC74-4B4E-AC06-EBA88EFBBDCE.jpeg
    609.2 KB · Views: 19

Back
Top Bottom