New member here from Caledon | GTAMotorcycle.com

New member here from Caledon

welcome, what do you ride?

Currently a vtx 1300, looking at a sv650 or mt07 hmmmmmmmmm

Both are great, there are lots of older used SVs around, but they have aggressive clipons that arent comfortable, the newer ones are very nice too(and have better ergos)

Ya I looked, there are a couple nice minty sv650 for good really good prices, I’m just wondering how comfy they’ll be for longer rides compared to my current bike

Ya I looked, there are a couple nice minty sv650 for good really good prices, I’m just wondering how comfy they’ll be for longer rides compared to my current bike
The newer ones with the handlebars? They should be pretty comfy and upright, though being naked bikes, there probably isnt much wind protection

But obviously tons more sport potential than a cruiser

The newer ones with the handlebars? They should be pretty comfy and upright, though being naked bikes, there probably isnt much wind protection

But obviously tons more sport potential than a cruiser
Ya, the bars would be nice but them being naked and the wind is what I’m more worried about, how do you like yours?

Ya, the bars would be nice but them being naked and the wind is what I’m more worried about, how do you like yours?
I had an older one previously, it was a fantastic bike, more power than I could ever use, handled well, nice engine with loads of usable grunt, reliable good on gas and insurance, but it had clip ons and wasnt very comfortable for long rides

I currently ride another naked
and I find wind to only be an issue at the beginning or end of the riding season when it gets cold, if wind and more comfort is important to you, but you dont want a land boat(aka cruiser) perhaps consider a v strom or versys?

I had an older one previously, it was a fantastic bike, more power than I could ever use, handled well, nice engine with loads of usable grunt, reliable good on gas and insurance, but it had clip ons and wasnt very comfortable for long rides

I currently ride another naked
and I find wind to only be an issue at the beginning or end of the riding season when it gets cold, if wind and more comfort is important to you, but you dont want a land boat(aka cruiser) perhaps consider a v strom or versys?
Nice, that’s the exact reason im questioning it, I ride all year and the cold wind is what would be an issue. Hmmm ya adventure bike would probably be a good choice. Those nice used sv650 at $3500 $4000 are tempting though

Last edited:
Hey there, new member here riding out of Caledon. I ride a lot.
Welcome aboard. There a a bunch of riders on here who ride a fair bit too. At your price point, I also agree that an older V-Strom is a great bike for longer distances, as long as you don't look at it.

Welcome aboard. There a a bunch of riders on here who ride a fair bit too. At your price point, I also agree that an older V-Strom is a great bike for longer distances, as long as you don't look at it.
Haha not a fan of the look either, the versys looks alot nicer

Back
Top Bottom