New helmet questions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New helmet questions

Ha! you laugh GG, but I bet you are thin on top too :LOL:

too many years of helmet head

Ha! you laugh GG, but I bet you are thin on top too :LOL:

too many years of helmet head
No burned head for me. For my dad yup, for my brother, probably soon. I just got lucky. Half my life has been spent in helmets of some form. I dispute your research.

RPHA 11 Pro's are awesome.
I have 1 for street, and 1 for track.

Much quieter, lighter, and cheaper than the rf1200 I was wearing previously.

If they fit your melon, they are a great buy.

No drop down visor. How are they for room for sunglasses. I have a cl17 and find it difficult to fit glasses. I do have the tinted visor but would like to try a drop down for convenience

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Won't be going the modular route. Right now I leaning towards a Rpha model.

My buddy has two CF helmets that are also very light RIOT & CAOS (KAOS?). Anyone had a carbon fibre lid?

Probably not the most relevant comment but I really like Icon helmets because of their unique graphics annd visors. I also like that their helmets rarely have any branding besides maybe the safety stickers on the back. ANyways that said, I know theyre nowhere near ECE or the safest helmets for the money at least relative to other things on the market. But! their airframe model is a 4/5 on SHARP rating which is what I'd get next. PErsonally knowing that my helmet is only 3/5 on SHARP isnt confidence inspiring.

My buddy has two CF helmets that are also very light RIOT & CAOS (KAOS?). Anyone had a carbon fibre lid?
Yeah the K6 is carbon weave. 2.7 lbs, I love it.
One thing with some full carbon lids is they can be noisier.

I think @Trials currently has one.

I believe @Scuba Steve was rocking the kaos or riot Carbon helmet. If memory serves he liked it and the weight...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

AGV K6 (my current lid) is only 2.7lbs, it’s not cheap but it’s well worth IMO. Interior padding is next level comfortable. Head shape is key, does not fit the same as my previous AGV lid.
Bah! I really wanted to like the K6, but was so disappointed. It simply doesn't fit my oddball melon.

One thing is how I go through a visor every year due to rock chips (lots of back roads riding). HJC visor replacements are so cheap compared to the others. A real cost factor over time. I'm on my 4th replacement visor now.
This factor is often overlooked. HJC visors are typically about half the cost of Shoei or Arai. Something to consider.

I can't stand drop down visors. Happy to swap clear/tinted when necessary.

Another thumbs up for HJC RPHA 11. Every bit as good as Shoei or Arai.

Ultimately, buy the helmet which fits.

If you don't have time to wait for your helmet to age and weather, try one of these. Very cool. Not available in North America, unfortunately.

PR9TRP3001.jpg

pr9trm1604.jpg

I believe @Scuba Steve was rocking the kaos or riot Carbon helmet. If memory serves he liked it and the weight...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
I have a kaos love the weight but it is getting older and need to replace it soon. Not sure if they are still around.

Sent from my couch using my thumbs

Anyone know are the CF lids much lighter than the HJC RPHA?

Revzilla just did a 'Best Helmets of 2021' video that might be worth a look. Unsurprisingly, their pick for street is the RF-1400, though they do suggest a budget alternative.

That Bell Race Star DLX looks nice. It'll be a toss-up between that and the Shark FIM model for my next track lid...

Anyone know are the CF lids much lighter than the HJC RPHA?
The difference between the reg rpha 11 pro, and the rpha 11 carbon is 0.14 lb

little more than 2 oz's. the 11 pro is going to be much lighter than my current one so I think I'm almost sold - still have watch Priller's vid though

little more than 2 oz's. the 11 pro is going to be much lighter than my current one so I think I'm almost sold - still have watch Priller's vid though
hit GP to try it on for fit before you spend the cheddar!

Back
Top Bottom