Netflix and Prime video sound issues . | GTAMotorcycle.com

Netflix and Prime video sound issues .

pfbmgd

I have been having on and off sound issues with these APPS . It seems like the sounds does not come out at times properly . When people are are talking it seems very quiet . But all other sounds seem normal . Anyone else experience this issue ? It is not always there . Many days it works jut fime . I'n using a surround sound .

If you're using surround sound, most of the dialog comes through on the center speaker. Can you manually boost the volume on the center channel?
I tried that . But the problems seems intermittent .

Try switching receiver to stereo only and see if that solves your issues. As Lightcycle says, problems with the centre channel cause your symptoms. It could be as simple as a loose wire to the centre channel speaker.

Check wiring on your center first. Next turn off your receiver and unplug it, wait a couple minutes then plug it back in. See if issue persists after that.

No problems with Netflix or Prime here but Disney is terrible for this.

The specific problem on Disney is "too much" dynamic range on some content (fine for theatre or even home theatre if you are going all out movie night, not so much for casual action movie watching, and normally I cannot get enough DR but...), if your receiver has a compressor (dynamic range--some call it "night mode") setting it will help. To fix Disney on my old school living room stereo system I broke out one of my old dbx compressors in the tape loop.... problem solved.

Another cheat I have done on the home theatre proper is to run the centre channel 3 dB higher than all the other channels. As long as you did not cheap out on the centre this helps a lot. Downside, cheap centres may sound flatter than the other speakers, if so this makes the flat even more noticeable.

First start by double, triple checking all your settings.

Last edited:
I used to have issues with Netflix where the video and audio were not quite synced. The audio would be delayed just enough to be irritating.

It has nothing to do with your problem, and it eventually worked itself out. I just like to share.

I figured it out for netflix. When you go to a show . Go to launguage settings . I switched from 5.1 english to just english . The sound works just not surround .

I’m currently going through a few different HDMI cables sorting some issues out. It’s amazing how 6ft of cable can affect things.

I’m currently going through a few different HDMI cables sorting some issues out. It’s amazing how 6ft of cable can affect things.
I am amazed that there are so many different standards for HDMI that look identical and the design standard includes no attempt to mark cables with the standard they are supposed to comply with. How hard would it be in print 1.3a 1.4b or 2.1 somewhere? Hell, I'd take a sticker as a consolation prize. I've got a bag of random HDMI cables for 1080p. All work for some devices, some devices only work with certain cables. For 4K monitors, I had to buy new (visually identical) cables to get it to work (probably a 1.4 vs 1.3 problem).

I am amazed that there are so many different standards for HDMI that look identical and the design standard includes no attempt to mark cables with the standard they are supposed to comply with. How hard would it be in print 1.3a 1.4b or 2.1 somewhere? Hell, I'd take a sticker as a consolation prize.

Exactly! One cable says screw you if I want eARC, the other ($45 name brand) just says nuh uh, then the cheapie ($20) from Amazon plays everything. Totally nuts.

Just in case you’re playing from something like an NVidia Shield, in the settings there’s a synch thing to play with. Takes a few seconds to get things set up. I haven’t had an issue with my Netflix or Prime video from there.

My issue is that my wife's iPad all of a sudden won't log into NETFLIX. Every other unit logs in fine with no issues. Hers...no chance.

Tried changing passwords, resetting, rebooting, everything...the damn thing just won't log in.

My issue is that my wife's iPad all of a sudden won't log into NETFLIX. Every other unit logs in fine with no issues. Hers...no chance.

Tried changing passwords, resetting, rebooting, everything...the damn thing just won't log in.
Have you gone into your netflix account on a computer and removed her ipad as an authorized device and then tried again?

Have you gone into your netflix account on a computer and removed her ipad as an authorized device and then tried again?
No I have not...but will do that now.

EDIT: Didn't work.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom