Need input for Ramp | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need input for Ramp

djez

Wow Neat idea! Id be looking into the spacing between the cross rails to see if a tire might get stuck when your loading.

Nissan frontiers aren't too tall, but when I load pick up trucks I find a little stool beside the ramp helps - but I guess it might not be required over time

no comment on the product, we use a 3/4 ton truck which is pretty high, whatever you decide make sure you have a ramp that has gradual transition at the tailgate portion or you'll find your might get hung up on the lower fairing

I used the stool idea until I saw a guy use two ramps, one to drive the bike up and one to walk up. 10x easier and is now my new method, woulda saved alot of strain over the last 15 years.

Ensure you use something solid like a stool or something when loading the bike in the back. Not like the guy in the photo using a cooler. That will not work, as you will find your bike on top of you.

i used the stool idea until i saw a guy use two ramps, one to drive the bike up and one to walk up. 10x easier and is now my new method, woulda saved alot of strain over the last 15 years.

genius idea!!!

Thanks. How about the chock? Has Anyone tried it?
d11dc40a-b1bd-4759.jpg

Thanks. How about the chock? Has Anyone tried it?
d11dc40a-b1bd-4759.jpg

I prefer this style, works much much better.
4ac6a4d9-b50d-c8db.jpg

Have this one in my truck currently and you can just leave it and tie her down without worrying about it tipping over on you.
4ac6a4d9-b586-48c1.jpg

Last edited:
Come by and take the ramp that's in my driveway. We used it to load bikes into a van. Hooks onto the bumper, and the grade is long enough so that lower fairing won't get caught on it. Folds in half for storage.

I'd ask you to please take the beaten to crap R6 that's out there too, but the roomie must get upset. :lmao:

EDIT: I'm not kidding. Come and get the ramp. Please!

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer . I got 8' planks from home depot and got the ramp kit from crappy tire. The plank was too long to bring so i got another plank at my destination.I did found ramps in harbor freight on sale for less than 50$ but what i really want is the bed extender/ ramp in one to save space.
Now i need bed liner and hook points on my truck. Spray on or the drop in?

Spray on! The plastic drop-ins are slippery and don't protect as well. I'm going to rip mine out and use the kit from crappy tire.

Spray on! The plastic drop-ins are slippery and don't protect as well. I'm going to rip mine out and use the kit from crappy tire.

I've had both and I'd have to disagree.
Yes the drop in bed liners are slippery but they offer much better protection and resale value.
It's cheaper and if you damage it just drop in a new one.
Spray in is expensive to do properly and expensive to repair. Also you drop in a load of blocks and it will damage the bed.
The Canadian tire kit is crap FYI, stay away.
If you do plan on going the spray route use a quality product done rite like Rhino liner.

I've had both and I'd have to disagree.
Yes the drop in bed liners are slippery but they offer much better protection and resale value.
It's cheaper and if you damage it just drop in a new one.
Spray in is expensive to do properly and expensive to repair. Also you drop in a load of blocks and it will damage the bed.
The Canadian tire kit is crap FYI, stay away.
If you do plan on going the spray route use a quality product done rite like Rhino liner.

Ive had both, and will never go back to the drop in bed liners.

They trap water under it, and scratch the hell out of the paint in the bed. They flex under the heat of sun.

Ive had spray in in my last 2 trucks, and its the cats ***. As for price point it has come down big time since it first came out.
You can now get your truck done for around $500 to $600. Skip the CT route, get a pro to do it.

Pro it is then, I've had too many "oh ****" moments loading up first thing in the morning, all it takes is a little dew and it's like your on ice.

Thanks for the great suggestions,
I will go with the Rhino Liner with Lifetime warranty at 550$. But i still need to figure out where and what kind of hook points(D-ring /rails) for tie downs.
I like to fit 2 bikes side by side or carry 1 big bike in the middle.
Please share pictures of rail, hook points and recommend good product with minimal drilling.
I will get picture of my truck bed later. :)

For just one bike the hooks at the bottom front of the box work but I've only had two moto-x bikes in the back and use the same hooks, probably wouldn't work with street bikes.

Back
Top Bottom