Need chain installed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need chain installed

Is there a shop near 404/401 that can install a new chain quickly? I tried a local shop and they sad come by next week. Don't really want to wait that long.
Daniel at Heritage, Keele and Ingram. Will do it while you wait, if he argues tell him Crazy Jamie sent ya!

http://goo.gl/maps/QXNoI

-Jamie M.

Ended up going to Rosey Toes, $80 for a chain install and head bearing adjust seemed a bit high in my eyes but quick service I can't complain.

What did you expect to pay? $80 is not bad at all.

They have to pay workers, heat/hydro/rent....did you ask them to adjust the head bearing? or did they figure that out themselves?

Unfortunately the rivet was put on too tight.... :( at least I don't think this thumping is normal.. Is it with a new chain? I noticed it when I left asked him he said it would work its way looser but just don't seem right.
Yikes! Can you take a close look at the plate and see if it's pressed too tight and is squishing the o-rings?

IMG_0899.JPG

It's easiest to look at the plates of the two neighbouring links and see if the master one is spaced equally far from the inner plates.

The master link should be perfectly as smooth/kink free as the rest of the chain, even the second after it's been put on!

-Jamie M.

I'm not much for videos but I made one about the problem
That's a GREAT video! I would NOT ride with the chain in that condition, especially on the highway!

I would get a new master link ASAP :(

-Jamie M.

I found a clip link here for the chain ill throw that on and order a new rivet one. Makes me angry I should have just bought the tools to do it myself.
Yeah, that really sucks man :( Royal has the tool super cheap!

-Jamie M.

Doh, Rosey Toes strikes again. $80 bucks? Wow how are you able to sit down after that azz rapng. You should have taken TAFB recommendation and went to heritage. When I had a chain replaced it cost me $25. If they know what they are doing, this will take at most 10 mins. For $80 bucks that would have to include the installation of new sprockets. When it came time to replace my chain again, I installed new sprockets and used a clip link. That was 5 k ago.

Ouch that looks horrible. I did mine using the ball-peen hammer method (I'd recommend you don't) and it was better than that.

If you do decide to go to a shop again, since you live in Courtice---- Competition Cycle in Whitby would be closer than Heritage Auto.

last chain I put On I set it all up and used the clip link. went to larrys cycle in orangeville and asked them to install the real mast, they came back 5min later and said have a nice day. They wouldnt even let me pay, so I went and bout a round of timmys and dropped it off.

I charge $60 for chain and sprocket install. $80 isnt so bad?
To the poster that said its 10 min I would like to see that. If just stringing a chain without sprockets maybe but there is no way your going to get the bike on the lift, pull the rear wheel change the sprocket, pull countershaft cover (many bikes require shift linkage removal), Change countershaft sprocket string chain, likely cut it then revit and reassemble everything all in 10 mninutes. I will put money on it.
As for too tight thats a whole other matter.

Back
Top Bottom