N00b here from west end Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

N00b here from west end Toronto

AlohaSnack69

Just got into riding... Did my M2 with learning curves last summer and now I'm sitting on my m2. Recently got my first bike a 2006 gs500f and I love it! Would love any help/advice from anyone here!

Welcome, I teach at Learning Curves, hope you had a good experience.

Wear gear, take it slow, be aware of your surroundings. Practice emergency stops and situations in an empty parking lot so you know how the bike will react on the street.

Thanks for the advice! And yes I had a great time with learning curves in etobicoke everyone was cool and welcoming. I'm ATGATT too don't know why people like to ride with a tshirt and gloves lol

Just got into riding... Did my M2 with learning curves last summer and now I'm sitting on my m2. Recently got my first bike a 2006 gs500f and I love it! Would love any help/advice from anyone here!
If you want GS500 specific tips, you're better off joining an owner's group. Alternatively, there's a guy on the Hamilton Motorcycle Riders Facebook group that bought a couple of non-running GS500's and taught his two teenage daughters to do ground-up restorations. They should know them inside out. I think he goes by Nick Wrench.

Welcome!

Be safe. Maybe stay away from large group rides until you know your limits. As Evo said, practice a bit in parking lots and enjoy.

Have fun :) Waive at other riders. Don't die.

stay away from large group rides until you know your limits.
Group rides in general till you get your danger sense calibrated. Group rides tend to encourage newbies to outride their ability. Not saying you can't do group rides. It's just a separate skill set to ride together with several people without a means to communicate while on unfamiliar roads. It takes concentration, something that you don't have as much available if you are still mentally focused on ridership basics.

1. Comfortable operating the bike
2. Comfortable riding on the street
3. Comfortable riding in a group environment.

Group rides in general till you get your danger sense calibrated. Group rides tend to encourage newbies to outride their ability. Not saying you can't do group rides. It's just a separate skill set to ride together with several people without a means to communicate while on unfamiliar roads. It takes concentration, something that you don't have as much available if you are still mentally focused on ridership basics.

1. Comfortable operating the bike
2. Comfortable riding on the street
3. Comfortable riding in a group environment.
you also forgot ego

Welcome. If you have any interest in learning to maintain your own motorcycle, the GS500 is a great bike to learn on as it is very simple mechanically

Back
Top Bottom