My Rogers account and Fraud | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Rogers account and Fraud

Venom01

So I get an email today from Rogers wireless to day asking me to confirm changes to my account. The thing is I never made ANY! Upon further investigation and a phone call to Rogers here is where I'm at with the situation.

1. All changes to my account happened on October 9th. On that day I did go to a Rogers wireless store at Royal Windsor Dr. And Southdown road in Mississauga. I payed my account through a machine in the store. I then inquired about getting a new phone a Samsung G3. I didn't like the terms for the phone and left.

2. Durring that visit one the employees called in to HQ to confirm if I was eligible for an upgrade. It was then things first got weird as the guy on the other end of the phone told the person I was dealing with that I had no data or anything even though my bill I had with me said different.

3. Later that day according to Rogers SOMEONE WHO WAS NOT ME called in and changed all my address info and plans and ordered a Samsung note and had it sent to them in North York.

So a fraud case has been started but I think something crooked is comming out of that store. I now have to wait for Rogers to investigate. I'm so ******. How easy is it to for someone to get access to you account. Could there been someone in the store writing down my info as the clerk at the desk was asking for my info? Is this an internal issue?

Waiting for answers SUCKS and I'm furious with the situation. Anyone else go through anything similar with Rogers? What happened? What did you do? I'm hoping for quick fix at best here.

This is my signature

I am surprised that they did not ask you to pay for everything first while they "investigate".

I'm not giving them a dime until they fix everything

This is my signature

Or until they threaten to report you to the Credit Bureau.

Try to get emails based on your conversations or record them.

Or until they threaten to report you to the Credit Bureau.

Try to get emails based on your conversations or record them.

Well they haven't asked for a dime
Prob because my account says I'm due for some sort of reimbursement

This is my signature

from what ive been told cause i had a buddy who worked at the Rogers Head office. this happens quite frequently. The person on the other end of the phone is usually the one who changes the info to a buddies name.

the buddy then walks into the same store or somewhere close by and gets what ever it is they want. when it comes to providing the photo ID and such its all fake but ends up matching up perfectly with the info left on the computer.

once all is said and done. the information gets changed back to the original person...

and surprise a month later you see your bill. In this case you got a lucky phone call.

from what ive been told cause i had a buddy who worked at the Rogers Head office. this happens quite frequently. The person on the other end of the phone is usually the one who changes the info to a buddies name.

the buddy then walks into the same store or somewhere close by and gets what ever it is they want. when it comes to providing the photo ID and such its all fake but ends up matching up perfectly with the info left on the computer.

once all is said and done. the information gets changed back to the original person...

and surprise a month later you see your bill. In this case you got a lucky phone call.

I got an email about changes made to my account. I was told this was all done over the phone which is what really pisses me off. Anything of that nature should require a signature. I really think this was an inside job.

This is my signature

Last edited:
A lot of fraud, including credit card fraud, is an inside job.

When I had CC fraud committed with my card, I'd only used it one place over the phone with some young desk clerk to book a cabin for a vacation and the other was to make a purchase (a trusted and secure account). It wasn't too hard to figure out who'd done the deed.

my work has had a bunch of gas cards copied,seems fraud is pretty common these days.

my company changes gas cards every other month.
for some reason there was one month where we changed it up 3 times. and apparently after research we were told not to use a certain gas station anymore cause that was the one place that all the copied cards had been to.

which sucks cause its also the one closest to my house

I once worked in fraud investigation for a company. Most of the cases of identity theft were done by family members, by a wide margin - loser parents stealing from kids or loser kids stealing from parents, brothers, sisters, whatever. Next most was a business partner/client/merchant etc like in this case. Rarely was it a random theft.

So also, rarely does anyone get charged in identity theft. Family members are reluctant to charge or will just get revenge another way lol.

A lot of fraud, including credit card fraud, is an inside job.

Still waiting to hear something from Rogers

Edit
Missed a call from the Fraud department because they did not phone the number I asked them to. Now I'm phoning back and no answer.
This is my signature

Last edited:
I HATE Rogers. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I totally empathize and have had LOTS of weird issues with them. :(

I HATE Rogers. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I totally empathize and have had LOTS of weird issues with them. :(

Sorta hard to blame anyone just yet, but don't worry I will find someone to blame soon........I hope

This is my signature

Sorta hard to blame anyone just yet, but don't worry I will find someone to blame soon........I hope

This is my signature

It sounds like an inside job. I don't know why Rogers is dragging their heels on it when by your description of events, it's obvious something is going on there.

Still waiting, I've called a bunch if times but the guy in charge of my case NEVER picks up the phone or returns my messages

This is my signature

I'm going through almost the same thing right now. Someone bought a phone under my account, got a bill for $800 and called immediately, that was August. Just wait it isn't over.

I'm going through almost the same thing right now. Someone bought a phone under my account, got a bill for $800 and called immediately, that was August. Just wait it isn't over.
I caught it long before my bill comes in. I hope that saves me from a lot of b.s.

*edit*
I phoned Rogers as I got tired waiting for them. This mist happen far too often as they don't seemed very concerned. They told me they fixed it and to check my next bill to see if the changes are right. Then they set me up with a pin and password to my account. WHY NOW?! Why not set a pin and password up when you start the account? Isn't it a bit late? Well better late then never I guess. I still feel like nothing is being done. With the info I gave them you think the would be a little more concerned seeing how it really looks like an inside job.
This is my signature

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom