My first ridng season, couple questions. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My first ridng season, couple questions.

Why don't you go and do M1 now, and then in April or May when weather is nice and season is starting you'll do your M2 and be ready for beginning of season.
At least you won't have to try to insure your bike with M1, which some of companies don't even want to insure you with, and some charge extra.

Wonder if he called the insurance co yet and got a real quote...

I've been checking in every hour on the hour. Nothing yet.

I'm suspecting troll, based on the $880 figure but also on posts in the speed limit thread too.

Good luck OP. Hope it all works out for you. Ride safe.

I'm suspecting troll, based on the $880 figure but also on posts in the speed limit thread too.

I don't live in the GTA. That's the main reason apparently.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped out tho.

Last edited:

Extremely possible to pay 880 a year for a non supersport. That bike is what...50 or 60 hp? Nothing against it but she's no supersport.

Extremely possible to pay 880 a year for a non supersport. That bike is what...50 or 60 hp? Nothing against it but she's no supersport.

For a new rider lacking even an M1 at this point? I don't buy it. Perhaps if he lives in Moosonee...

For a new rider lacking even an M1 at this point? I don't buy it. Perhaps if he lives in Moosonee...
When I got my1 for the second time..just before getting my m2 for the second time...(my m2 expired and had to start from scratch )
I paid 527 a year on a Harley sportster in mississauga. I had the m2 test booked but that was it.

I'm now in barrie which is why it's so cheap now

He said he's getting his M2 and based insurances quotes upon such. And a non SS 600, at over age 25... Well, that quote still seems cheap, but not in the realm of impossible for liability only I guess. I'm only paying ~$700 for my 1300 and despite having years of past experience..my situation of it being decades ago, with a big gap, puts me in the year-1 rider category at this point as well. Yes,

What seems off the wall to me is that this quote came from...TD? With all we know around here about the horror story that is TD in the last 2 or 3 months, that's the part I find somewhat unbelievable.

He said he's getting his M2 and based insurances quotes upon such. And a non SS 600, at over age 25... Well, that quote still seems cheap, but not in the realm of impossible for liability only I guess. I'm only paying ~$700 for my 1300 and despite having years of past experience..my situation of it being decades ago, with a big gap, puts me in the year-1 rider category at this point as well. Yes,

What seems off the wall to me is that this quote came from...TD? With all we know around here about the horror story that is TD in the last 2 or 3 months, that's the part I find somewhat unbelievable.

Try wawanessa..that's who covered my Harley for 527 and I'm currently $650 for a cbr600rr in barrie.
Feel free to pm me if you need a broker..I'll send you to mine

TD. No rhyme nor reason. I'm with TD, I pay under $600/year full coverage on a versys 650. It actually went down for renewal.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I'm not an insurance guru, just a client, but it seems every year there is that one insurance company that has really low rates to build a customer base. That was TD MM. Once they become the skydome of insurance the hotdogs go to $12. I found this years jackpot thru my union and cut costs by 40% from TD. Maybe the flightTeamw/e hit a jackpot as well?

TD. No rhyme nor reason. I'm with TD, I pay under $600/year full coverage on a versys 650. It actually went down for renewal.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

DAFUQ mine went up at TD!!!!!!!!!

Mine too ( TD Monnex ) - no tickets - no nothing $200 jump - 50 years riding....moved to Aviva and it went down from last years TD.
$580 for a DL650 in Sauga.

75hp actually :). I took it out for a spin a couple weeks ago on one of the nice days. It moves just fine ;).

He said he's getting his M2 and based insurances quotes upon such.

His first post asked "When is the best time to do my M1?" So when he asked for and received the quote from his insurance company did he lie and say he already had his M2 or did he say "Well, I don't actually have a license but but give me a quote for when I have my M2"?

Back
Top Bottom