Muskoka Fall Colours & Rapids - Monday Oct 11 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muskoka Fall Colours & Rapids - Monday Oct 11

I just read your post again and you mentioned some gravel road/unpaved road. I am guessing if my skill is not enough on a naked bike. now I am kinda reconsidering. :cry:

Last edited:
I think the longest is 2km at Oxtongue Rapids and it seems pretty flat and straight. The other gravel bits are just in parking lots or park entrances as far as I can tell.

Whatever works for you and your comfort level.

The weather looks great for Monday 15 to 22C, overcast, light breeze and low chance of rain. The colours should be great too.

The weather looks great for Monday 15 to 22C, overcast, light breeze and low chance of rain. The colours should be great too.
The forecast is changing by the hour it seems. When I decided on Monday, the forecast was all good. Over the last couple of days it was showing rain all day and even late last night when I checked again. Now it looks sunny and 22. Fingers crossed it holds.

Thanks for the info, Shane. I will try if the weather holds at 8 am Shell. If I don't try when do I get to learn.

The colours are fantastic right now. Haliburton area more then Algonquin. Wilberforce was exceptional!
Good to hear - hoping that this weekends rain doesn’t drop too many leaves.

Monday and Tuesday are looking to be amazing days to get out!

Hey Shane, I did all of these lookouts. Just some updates for you and others here...

Lions lookout was packed as hell. I don't know how it would be on Thanksgiving day. You can ride all the way up to the lookout point.
Big bend lookout you probably need to pay, it's much further from the ticketing office. At least, 1.5 km I would say, and if it rained before then forget about walking, cos the roads near the lookout would be waterlogged. The weekend I visited, there was a huge lineup to get what I think was for entry tickets.

The one thing in common was all the places were crowded to some degree, some places more than the others, which doesn't surprise me considering the time of the year.

Last edited:
Hmmm and Algonquin has sold out on day-entry passes for some days this weekend so this might be a busy one too :unsure: :unsure:
244786455_10158043679766568_4735737460340584788_n.jpg

Thanks for all that feedback @voyageur

If needed, we can skip the Big Bend lookout in Arrowhead Park. That will save a bit of time that can be used elsewhere.

I’m hoping that Lions Lookout in Huntsville wont be too bad, but we are getting there around noon, so who knows. I was planning on just enjoying the walk up instead of riding to the top.

I’m actually looking forward to the Oxtongue Rapids walk the most, so hope it's all good there.

Otherwise, it will be a really great to ride around and smell the autumn air on some nice roads, and fall colours are going to be amazing even if we didn’t stop anywhere:)

Last edited:
Hmmm and Algonquin has sold out on day-entry passes for some days this weekend so this might be a busy one too :unsure: :unsure:
244786455_10158043679766568_4735737460340584788_n.jpg
It’s going to be a zoo…HIGHLY recommend entering at the east gate. West gate will be a lineup that’s very long.

Careful and watch for tourists. They’re more dangerous than the animals.

It’s going to be a zoo…HIGHLY recommend entering at the east gate. West gate will be a lineup that’s very long.

Careful and watch for tourists. They’re more dangerous than the animals.
Hey @mimico_polak , if you book online you can skip the line at the ticketing office, right? Or do you still have to stand in line and get a physical copy?

Thanks for all that feedback @voyageur

If needed, we can skip the Big Bend lookout in Arrowhead Park. That will save a bit of time that can be used elsewhere.

I’m hoping that Lions Lookout in Huntsville wont be too bad, but we are getting there around noon, so who knows. I was planning on just enjoying the walk up instead of riding to the top.

I’m actually looking forward to the Oxtongue Rapids walk the most, so hope it's all good there.

Otherwise, it will be a really great to ride around and smell the autumn air on some nice roads, and fall colours are going to be amazing even if we didn’t stop anywhere:)
Hey Shane,

Totally makes sense to park the bike 500 m away and just walk up towards Lions Lookout. It's not too long of a walk from what I saw. Huntsville I think is extremely popular among tourists so I found the place more crowded than the others.

Oxtongue was also crowded with lots of photographers with their tripods on the rocks trying to capture the rapids. I got a couple of cool shots too, hopefully, I can transfer them to my pc and post them here before the trip. From the map, I read the hike classified as difficult but it's just 2 km or so shouldn't be bad.

But like you said, it's nice to go out and enjoy the scenery. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Hey @mimico_polak , if you book online you can skip the line at the ticketing office, right? Or do you still have to stand in line and get a physical copy?
No clue. But it makes sense. Book online and print is a logical assumption…but considering this is govt….

Is there a fee to enter the park?

If you are not stopping in the park, then no permit is required. If you plan to stop in the park then book online and print out your receipt and just display on your bike or have available if someone asks. You don't have to stop anywhere to get a ticket or some type of pass to display. Practically speaking, if you are just riding through and maybe going to stop once to use a bathroom then I'd not bother to buy a pass. If you plan to leave your vehicle to hike a few trails then a pass is probably a good thing to have or you may find a ticket on your bike when you return to it.

I'm retired and do all of my sightseeing and such during the week when crowds are at an absolute minimum, so I feel for people who are confined to weekends when the park is going to be jam packed with people.

Back
Top Bottom