Motorcyclist vs Cyclist in Toronto. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcyclist vs Cyclist in Toronto.

both morons.
Please, I wouldn't insult morons that way.

Rule 1. One must assume that all cyclists are erratic and do not know the rules of the road.

Being erratic yourself, speeding and attempting a pass on the right, across the street from a police car, are not the right reaction to rule 1.

Edit: Bottom line is that the cyclist had the right-of-way when hit.
Although, he should have signaled the turn. I could tell what he was doing when he went into the left lane near the corner.
Now I'm second guessing myself, since he was in the wrong lane for the turn. Let the court sort it out.

Last edited:
typical cyclist
runs red lights, weaves through traffic
then argues that he's entitled to the respect of other vehicles

motorcyclist is an idiot
best to stay away from cyclists
he easily could have killed that guy

um, no, you're not a vehicle.
lol but you sure were making pretty dangerous good time there until you got run over.

Cyclist runs red, cyclist fails to stay right, cyclist moves to left lane (39s) then back int right lane (41s) colliding with motorcyclist. All illegal.

Motorcyclist speeding. Illegal.

my guess is cops would just roll their eyes and send everyone on there way.

Title this video “When Snowflakes Collide”.

Please, I wouldn't insult morons that way.

Rule 1. One must assume that all cyclists are erratic and do not know the rules of the road.

Being erratic yourself, speeding and attempting a pass on the right, across the street from a police car, are not the right reaction to rule 1.

Edit: Bottom line is that the cyclist had the right-of-way when hit.
Although, he should have signaled the turn. I could tell what he was doing when he went into the left lane near the corner.
Now I'm second guessing myself, since he was in the wrong lane for the turn. Let the court sort it out.
I don’t think the cyclist had the ROW from the point he entered the left lane. He is required to safely change lanes when moving back to the right lane. If you check MOT at fault diagrams cyclist 100% at fault.

You mention you know what the cyclist was doing when he moved left - what was he doing?

Cyclist gave up the right of way the moment he started riding like an idiot.

The motorcyclist sadly rides like an idiot and really needs to learn how to be non-confrontational. It's not a race and buddy if it was you would lose badly :|

As the high-court judge, I rule:

1) The bicycle is at fault. (Switched lanes without warning)

2) The accident was preventable. Had the motorcycle exercised more defensive driving, he might have avoided it. Passing on the right is not illegal in Ontario, the only jurisdiction in North America where it is legal.

The cyclist didn’t have the right of way he’s on the left lane unsafely going into the right lane. That right lane isn’t right turn only lane I didn’t see any marking. You can pass on the right within speed limit that means the left is slower. But that biker was going at a reckless speed he’s lucky the cyclist didn’t get hurt or worse died, he would’ve lost everything in court possible jail time. Clearly he didn’t ride with due care but we all have done it one way or another.

I don’t get why the biker would post that video if the cyclist claim injury and sue he has evidence the biker was riding recklessly and probably win in court

I don’t get why the biker would post that video if the cyclist claim injury and sue he has evidence the biker was riding recklessly and probably win in court
The bike got up to about 80kmh, then slowed to 60 well before the collision, he’s riding a ninja 250, you can see the speedo needle. Other than that quick off the line burst to 80, I’d say there was more carelessness on the bicycle.

You mention you know what the cyclist was doing when he moved left - what was he doing?
He was doing the unpredictable.
Why would a car, truck, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, etc. move from an empty lane towards or into one with traffic.
He was apexing the turn at speed. Which I would have assumed from experience.
Once he ran the red light with live traffic, he would have gone onto my do not stay near list.
Here's a couple of interesting stills from the video, you'll note that the motorcycle has the throttle revving hard,
and the bicycle is just inside the right lane.
When the motorcycle should have been braking he may have been pinning the throttle.
When he should have been in the left track, he was in the right track, in the cyclist's blind spot.
Note: the cyclist doesn't appear to have mirrors, or turn signals, or his arm out.
VJQ8Sp9l.png
KjaAnJGl.png

So is Vehicle his pronoun?

From the comments " "I'm a vehicle you can't pass me on the right" says the guy who passed on the right to run a red light."

Also from the comments, evidently the motorcyclist's insurance company viewed the video and determined that the bicyclist was at fault. The bicyclist gave up the right of way to the right lane when he went to the left lane, and then made a careless right turn (unsignalled, without checking for approaching traffic from the rear, and from the wrong lane).

I would have anticipated the bicyclist to move to the left side of the right lane to pass the stopped left-turning vehicle, but the unsignalled attempt to make a right turn would have caught me out, too. I hate riding in traffic.

Hey that's Main and Danforth...meh they all seem kinda dumb.

One other thing; the speedometer on the Ninja 250 in the above screen shots is at 70 km/h, and knowing their tendency to display high, the real speed was probably 65-ish km/h. A smidge much for my liking given the circumstances, but not completely outrageous.

Last edited:
He was doing the unpredictable.
Why would a car, truck, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, etc. move from an empty lane towards or into one with traffic.
He was apexing the turn at speed. Which I would have assumed from experience.
Once he ran the red light with live traffic, he would have gone onto my do not stay near list.
Here's a couple of interesting stills from the video, you'll note that the motorcycle has the throttle revving hard,
and the bicycle is just inside the right lane.
When the motorcycle should have been braking he may have been pinning the throttle.
When he should have been in the left track, he was in the right track, in the cyclist's blind spot.
Note: the cyclist doesn't appear to have mirrors, or turn signals, or his arm out.
VJQ8Sp9l.png
KjaAnJGl.png
Apexing a turn at speed? You’re jokin right? He’s doing no more than 30kmh, you could handle that turn while riding atop the curb.

The bike is at 65kmh, check the speedo on a ninja 250. I’m assuming that’s Toronto somewhere, likely 60 speed limit on a 4 lane roadway, not exactly racing.

It’s not unusual for a motorcyclist to yield the right track to provide required 1m space to a cyclist on the left.

You are correct the cyclist neither performs a signal or lane check.

Other than being a bit ****** and juvenile toward the law breaking cyclist, I don’t see anything other than the spurt to 80 that The motorcyclist did to break the law.

Fatboy on the cruiser riding the wrong lane didn’t help much.

Maybe I'm over cautious in traffic, but when coming up to a cyclist in the left lane slowing down behind a stopped car, I'm going to assume he's going to cut back into my lane, just to continue to go straight if not making a right-hand turn.

I would have slowed down.

Then cussed in my helmet when he cut me off. But at least nobody would have been hit.

Doesn't matter who's right or wrong. I'd try to prevent collisions regardless of if I had the "Right of Weight" or not. It's not a video game.

I think the kid on the bike did slow, I’m guessing to about 55. He also moved to the right track, the right thing to do under the circumstances.

perfect? No. But let’s not forget the cyclist owns all the blame here. The sad thing is the police who probably saw this probably continued on to the nearest donut shop.

Back
Top Bottom