Motorcyclist vs Cyclist in Toronto. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcyclist vs Cyclist in Toronto.

Doing 80 on a 50 on danforth is just asking for it. If you don't hit anyone sure but hitting cyclist or pedestrian you're going to lose if they sue. I'd post a video only if I'm doing 50. The councillors actually want to reduce the speed to 40 all the way to victoria park. That area is way too busy to have any kind of spirited type of riding.

Doing 80 on a 50 on danforth is just asking for it. If you don't hit anyone sure but hitting cyclist or pedestrian you're going to lose if they sue. I'd post a video only if I'm doing 50. The councillors actually want to reduce the speed to 40 all the way to victoria park. That area is way too busy to have any kind of spirited type of riding.
It's a 40 there from google maps.
Might be a 30 now with one of those weird dedicated bike lanes, with parked cars outside them.
I seem to recall taking the Danforth not too long ago, and that was the case.

Not going to respond to Mike's incredulity. It looks obvious to me that the bike went wide and then attempted to turn the corner.
If you look at my two pictures, you can see that the needle on the speedometer appears to be rising; therefore, he'd be accelerating.

As far as I'm concerned a typical driver could have avoided the bicycle. Cop might not have seen what happened or there could have been careless charges laid.

Brian has a point, but the motorcycle also went wide and came back in. How much room should you need at an intersection. Both of them were lucky that a car didn't shift right from the left lane. Also, since the motorcyclist has an insurance company with lawyers, that won't want to pay, they have a bias in whose fault it was. Like I said earlier, I'd let a judge sort that one out. Best to never get in the situation.

Done here.

Cyclists are becoming a real problem in this city.

People need to keep their toys in the parks.

I haven’t been in that area for few years so it is 40 now. I recall seeing an article on paper. Double the limit, 40 over and hitting a cyclist and posting a video for everyone to see.

No love from buddy on the cruiser for Ninjanoob

Regardless of who at fault, the fellow on the Ninja needs a couple of more lessons leaning the subtle art of shifting gears!
how many gear shifts do you need in a 40k zone :LOL:

He needs 3. 40 really means 80 if you see reckless cyclist slow down to 60 so you can still be in 3rd

Rider needs to ride more defensively but cyclist is an idiot who thinks he owns the road.
Smashes through red light
Switches lanes like they arent even there.
Doesnt signal or even check before switching lanes.

always need your head on a swivel, especially around pedal bike.

Rider needs to ride more defensively but cyclist is an idiot who thinks he owns the road.
Smashes through red light
Switches lanes like they arent even there.
Doesnt signal or even check before switching lanes.
exactly, as soon as he said "im a vehicle."

I would have asked, what vehicle goes through red lights?

sadly the answer is all traffic in Toronto currently

exactly, as soon as he said "im a vehicle."

I would have asked, what vehicle goes through red lights?

sadly the answer is all traffic in Toronto currently
Wait, stopping at red lights and stop signs isn't optional in the GTA? People actually get ****** off when I come to a complete stop, but I need to maintain driving habits or ill end up losing my license back home within a week if I drive GTA style.

Wait, stopping at red lights and stop signs isn't optional in the GTA? People actually get ****** off when I come to a complete stop, but I need to maintain driving habits or ill end up losing my license back home within a week if I drive GTA style.

In Toronto, if there's white trim around a stop sign, it's "stoptional".

In Toronto, if there's white trim around a stop sign, it's "stoptional".

TBH, a lot of the new stop sign installations are for traffic calming/complaints. There is no (traffic) safety reason to have a three way stop at a crescent with 5 houses on it.

.... There is no (traffic) safety reason to have a three way stop at a crescent with 5 houses on it.
That's to waste fossil fuel and wear out parts faster.
... same reason they put 4 way stop intersections everywhere they possibly can.

TBH, a lot of the new stop sign installations are for traffic calming/complaints. There is no (traffic) safety reason to have a three way stop at a crescent with 5 houses on it.

Or at an intersection between a (relatively) main road and a side road with hardly any traffic on it. So now, rather than hearing traffic cruise by at steady speed, they get to hear acceleration under load by every vehicle that passes by.

The stop sign that is almost in front of my house is there because of traffic calming. 3-way intersection and the fourth side of the intersection are two private driveways which enter the street "in" the intersection and neither of which actually align with the street on the other side ... I still stop at it ...

If it wasn't for the video....I'd say it'd be totally the fault of the rider. However, you can see the bicyclist moving over to the left to line up for the turn and then cutting the corner. Stupid move, and if want to be treated like a proper vehicle...you follow the laws. Can't have it both ways. If it goes to court, and the video is used in evidence, I'd love to see the cyclist charged for blowing the red as well.

Back
Top Bottom