Motorcyclist sought in collision that left young boy with life-threatening injuries | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcyclist sought in collision that left young boy with life-threatening injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such hate here, especially with an absence of facts. Running, yes. But was the rider driving recklessly or did the kid run out between two cars? I’ll judge the rider and passenger for leaving after a collision with a child, but would have a much harsher opinion if there was some prior recklessness.

The hate is well deserved, because it's strictly based on the running off. It's actually irrelevant how the hit happened, it was an accident regardless of fault. Running off is not only reckless but cruel. Rider deserves a permanent loss of license and jail time.

Passenger deserves full public humiliation as a terrible human.

Well, Im happy there is an arrest. I certainly don't want to play devils advocate; but some will see it as that. The child was out with his family and wandered onto the roadway. Never mind, I cannot say it. There already is enough grief.

I wish the guy had just stopped.

Dirtbags will always be dirtbags.

I hope the motorcycle community will come together for a go fund me for the family. With the guy not having insurance, they might need it.

Last edited:
All speculation on my part but the rider has an attitude problem, riding dirty, involving an innocent pillion, unlicensed etc. It seems the kid ran out but the rider's expectation was that no one else makes a mistake. Then the rider adds running to his problems. At least he turned himself in, raising speculation that his IQ is not single digit.

I hope the motorcycle community out together a go fund me for the family. With the guy not having insurance, they might need it.

Isn't this place the 'motorcycle community'? There are numerous here that are quick to blame everyone and everything else when a rider gets into trouble (see a couple of posts here). Why doesn't GTAM start a go fund me or something similar to show this family, this city, this country that we aren't all idiots.

I would do it if i had time.Hopefully,someone with enough spare time could put it together.

edit: i feel really miserable having to say i can't.

Last edited:
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #44011

The 31-year-old man is being charged with:
1. Leave accident Scene Cause Bodily Harm
2. Drive Motor Vehicle Improper Licence
3. Operate Motor Vehicle Without Insurance
FFS - no wonder our insurance is high in this province when $hit like this goes down.
And what recourse does the family have, if their child recovers, to sue a dirt bag like this... probably none.

Whoever can, has time, knows how, has social media skills, should get on it fast. I have heard that every hour that passes is thousands of dollars that wont get donated. It needs to be fresh in everyone's minds to get the most impact.

Someone please step up.

btw, I don't meet any of the criteria above.

Got this from the comment section in one of the news sites. Except for the “ moral principles” and just being an honest person, not too much reason to stop... The consequences are not scary enough not to try and run.

“conviction for Fail To Remain results in a 7 demerit point penalty, 3 to 5 CVOR points, a total-payable fine between $500 and $2,500, a driver's licence suspension up to two years, and a possible imprisonment not to exceed six months. Charges for impaired driving are way worse so any lawyer with half a brain will tell you to leave the scene if you have been drinking”

In addition, he would also likely get "fail to render assistance" and "fail to report a collision" , similar penalties in each

Edit! Just saw the police statement

Big, fancy expensive ride; no licence, no insurance.

Honest question: Is this the MO of a "One Percenter"?

If the motorcyclist did have insurance, would they offer any coverage in such a situation or just void it due to the run?

If the motorcyclist did have insurance, would they offer any coverage in such a situation or just void it due to the run?

The insurance will try to void it if it is not the drive'sr fault, however the family can hire a lawyer to sue the insurance(driver) then it is a matter of the judge. and most likely the family will get nothing if it is proven that the driver was not at fault.

Last edited:
I wonder if the rider had a valid insurance policy for another vehicle, i.e. a car, and if so then would his liability coverage under that policy provide coverage for the future third-party claim by the injured boy/parents?

Big, fancy expensive ride; no licence, no insurance.

Honest question: Is this the MO of a "One Percenter"?

Doubt it. AFAIK they run as clean as possible so far as "I got pulled over and they were looking for something to charge me with" perspective.

Good thing the passenger's hair didn't get messed up, what with all that running down a kid then having to run away and hide?
She clearly had more important things to worry about than how the kid was.
zxlnd3.jpg

The family of the poor kid is likely SOL in terms of getting any financial support. Mr. Muscle Bike with no license and no insurance will not have any real assets other than his bike, which may or may not be actually owned by him. Clearly, he's a life long loser.

Good thing the passenger's hair didn't get messed up, what with all that running down a kid then having to run away and hide?
She clearly had more important things to worry about than how the kid was.
zxlnd3.jpg

The family of the poor kid is likely SOL in terms of getting any financial support. Mr. Muscle Bike with no license and no insurance will not have any real assets other than his bike, which may or may not be actually owned by him. Clearly, he's a life long loser.
A Go Fund me Page has been created by a GTAM member.Lets show the GTA that bikers care! Justin White has invited you to join the fundraising team for their campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom