Motorcyclist sought in collision that left young boy with life-threatening injuries | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcyclist sought in collision that left young boy with life-threatening injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering why the delay in naming him or is that a common occurrence until those charged appear in court?
Something recently happened that has police forces concerned about releasing names (not sure what). York Region has suspended naming and shaming DUI arrests. I wonder if there was a successful lawsuit against police due to repercussions of naming before appearing in court?

From a quick google search, there is a "Darren Dawson" from Sault Ste Marie with 2 different charges (possession and drunk driving + accident) with ages that line up approximately with this dude. May be why he didn't have a license/insurance if they're the same person (and would line up with someone with that sort of record).

They've reported the reason they didn't announce his name.. was due to an agreement his lawyer made with police before he surrendered.

They've reported the reason they didn't announce his name.. was due to an agreement his lawyer made with police before he surrendered.
Gives him time to bury all his social media accounts prior to the masses looking him up.

I'm still wondering why the delay in naming him or is that a common occurrence until those charged appear in court?
“A source told CP24 that police agreed not to publicly release Dawson’s name as part of the terms of his agreement to surrender.”

Gives him time to bury all his social media accounts prior to the masses looking him up.

ah of course. Just watched the footage on CP24 - They had a facial shot of the guy pulled from somewhere for the story and showed footage of him walking out of the court building alone. It was reported his fiance was the passenger, and is probably going to be a crown witness, so wasn't named.

He is a 1%. Not that it makes any difference. FYI.
I guess that could be a reason to run. If you were concerned that the police would know that and use this charge as an excuse to visit your house and at your house was something that would get you a lot of jail time, it makes much more sense and no hit and run penalty would be large enough to change your behaviour.

“The accused is the son of full-patch Hells Angels member Billy Dawson who died at age 59 in Aug. 2013.”

Case is closed... no more guessing

Was wondering what you were quoting as you didn't post any links...

Found it. Makes an interesting read.especially how he was allowed to cover his face in court and how his full patch status was revoked...

Hit and run suspect Darren Dawson hides behind hoodie in court

I agree. On one hand i’m a bit shocked they make an exception for this “ honourable” person, on the other, why would you cover your face? If your name became known, what are the chances people wouldnt find out who you are.

That being said i think 25000$ is on the borderline for this guy to go into hiding...

I agree. On one hand i’m a bit shocked they make an exception for this “ honourable” person, on the other, why would you cover your face? If your name became known, what are the chances people wouldnt find out who you are.

That being said i think 25000$ is on the borderline for this guy to go into hiding...
He's only 31 and the penalties he may get are not that bad. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be looking over my shoulder forever.

Father works for MLSE and MLSE will be auctioning raptors tix for tomorrow as well. All proceeds will go to help the family.

Interesting. Real Sports organized the GoFundMe? Is the secrecy because the rider is associated with a professional sports team in Toronto? Dumb but lots of money?

No idea what you may have to do to get your membership revoked in a MC club. That cant be good.

Pulled his patch. Indicates that this guy was a problem for them. Might have had substance abuse problems. He probably took off because he was drunk, high or both. He'll do time but the kid is damaged forever. Not much justice for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom