Motorcyclist sought in collision that left young boy with life-threatening injuries | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcyclist sought in collision that left young boy with life-threatening injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from the news:
The father of a four-year-old boy who was struck by a motorcycle in the city’s east-end on Sunday says his son is still fighting for his life in the intensive care unit at Sick Kids Hospital.

Ruhul Chowdhury says his son Radiul has not yet regained consciousness but there is still hope that he will survive.

“His brain is damaged. He has (a) broken elbow, broken shoulder, broken legs. But doctors are not worried about those things right now. They are worried about his brain. His brain is really damaged,” he said.

The four-year-old was walking with family in the area of Victoria Park Avenue and Adair Road at around 1:30 p.m. on Sunday when he went onto the roadway and was struck by a northbound motorcycle.

:(:cry:

Red & white running shoes - HA associate? Could be more than just impaired.
I think that's a bit presumptuous. I don't see a cut.

The police have HA and affiliates on constant surveillance, i imagine if he's known the rider won't be missing for long.

Doesn't make it right to leave the scene of an accident no matter how the collision happened, that's secondary, first would be to stop. By leaving the rider has now screwed himself over. History will be recorded with his name published in the media when he gets charged. The passenger too perhaps? I don't know. But try getting insurance, a job later etc.

I didn't say it did.

Got this from the comment section in one of the news sites. Except for the “ moral principles” and just being an honest person, not too much reason to stop... The consequences are not scary enough not to try and run.

“conviction for Fail To Remain results in a 7 demerit point penalty, 3 to 5 CVOR points, a total-payable fine between $500 and $2,500, a driver's licence suspension up to two years, and a possible imprisonment not to exceed six months. Charges for impaired driving are way worse so any lawyer with half a brain will tell you to leave the scene if you have been drinking”

If you run then report next day, the police will follow your tracks to see if you were drinking. Then you'll get charged for both fail to remain and impaired.

If you run then report next day, the police will follow your tracks to see if you were drinking. Then you'll get charged for both fail to remain and impaired.

Do they not need irrefutable evidence (roadside test/bloodtest/breathalizer, etc.) to prove DUI though? I've heard the same (immoral) advice to run if you get into a crash while drunk. Even if they trace you back to a bar its not enough to prove intoxication.

Do they not need irrefutable evidence (roadside test/bloodtest/breathalizer, etc.) to prove DUI though? I've heard the same (immoral) advice to run if you get into a crash while drunk. Even if they trace you back to a bar its not enough to prove intoxication.
I think they can use expert testimony (eg. bartender says Bob had eight shots between 12 and 1, expert uses Bobs weight to calculate possible range of BAC while driving, entire range is way over the legal limit, Bob admitted to driving, done). Now this is obviously a much harder prosecution than Bob blew 0.16 when stopped by police.

It brings me back to my earlier comment where the penalties for hit and run have to be drastically worse than any other charge that you may be hoping to avoid (at least double, preferably order of magnitude worse).

GWS little fella.

Something is up. Any rider I know would have stopped. Fault or not.

Wonder if it was a weekend warrior that had a couple on the patio and probably has a restricted license (M2) so even if the child ran out, they were in deep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw on cp24 breaking news coverage on the TV that an arrest has been made. Waiting on Police to post a news release.

Last edited:
Just saw on cp24 breaking news coverage on the TV that an arrest has been made. Waiting on Police to post a news release.
The news is reporting is as a male turned themselves in but we all know how accurate news is. Waiting for the press release.

Throw the book at the POS.

GWS to the boy

In a way the fact that he may not be insured may be more of a financial burden on the victim and their family. Hopefully the kid recovers fully and I hope OHIP will cover all the medical expenses for now and into the future. If this guy was actually riding dirty, he may not have 2 cents to his name and getting any financial compensation for medical reasons may be like trying to get water out of a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom