Motorcycle gloves vs car racing gloves | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle gloves vs car racing gloves

20nm of torque at the wheel hub? That's 15 lbs or less in each hand (depending on wheel size).
For 20lbs of torque, the lace gloves Hack mentioned will do.

I think back to when I was a kid and power steering was pricey option on everyday cards and trucks -- I'm sure my 70s TR6, Challenger, and D100 pickup asked for 20lbs all day.

For 20lbs of torque, the lace gloves Hack mentioned will do.

I think back to when I was a kid and power steering was pricey option on everyday cards and trucks -- I'm sure my 70s TR6, Challenger, and D100 pickup asked for 20lbs all day.

I had a hopped up late 70s Pontiac Ventura (x-body ie Nova platform) that "had" power steering but I removed the pump because power steering....uses engine power. Heavy car, lowered, wider tires for the time with a quicker ratio PS box and no pump, that took crazy effort to steer at low speeds (not bad once moving), included track time. Didn't even need the above lace gloves!

What I am getting from this thread.... guess as time goes on hand toughness must decrease, if you and I drove the above cars with no gloves and millennials need fancy gloves to play racing video games. Logic says, boomers must have had manual steering, steering wheels made of rusty razorwire and drove with their hands soaking in rubbing alcohol. :)

I had a hopped up late 70s Pontiac Ventura (x-body ie Nova platform) that "had" power steering but I removed the pump because power steering....uses engine power. Heavy car, lowered, wider tires for the time with a quicker ratio PS box and no pump, that took crazy effort to steer at low speeds (not bad once moving), included track time. Didn't even need the above lace gloves!

What I am getting from this thread.... guess as time goes on hand toughness must decrease, if you and I drove the above cars with no gloves and millennials need fancy gloves to play racing video games. Logic says, boomers must have had manual steering, steering wheels made of rusty razorwire and drove with their hands soaking in rubbing alcohol. :)
I call them 'keyboard hands'. Find them on pianists and coders.

I think old tractors probably set the bar for effort required when you aren't moving. Hell, on some, I don't know if it was possible to steer without braking something without having the tractor rolling slowly.

You done rubbing my dick? I don't swing that way.

I think old tractors probably set the bar for effort required when you aren't moving. Hell, on some, I don't know if it was possible to steer without braking something without having the tractor rolling slowly.

this, we had a Massey Sawyer traction engine with chain steering on a giant handwheel , had the turning radius of a CN train. It fired up a few times a year because somebody thought it was fun. Finally had to get an inspection cert from a boiler inspector , he muttered something about time bomb and backed away. I think it was sold as parts to some other goof thought thought 12,000lb traction engines were some sort of fun

...mechanics gloves are hard to beat...

What he said. ^^^ No need to overthink this. Keep it simple.

What wheel are you getting? Any sims other than iRacing?

They also drove uphill to school in snow without traction control on bald tires. Both ways.
Walked to school. It was a hard day at school if mommy picked you up and dropped you off.

? trying very hard to remember the last time I rode a toy with a plastic steering wheel,
I don't think I wore gloves.

:unsure: **** come to think of it I don't think I ever did ride a toy with a plastic steering wheel, did I miss an important part of childhood?

? trying very hard to remember the last time I rode a toy with a plastic steering wheel,
I don't think I wore gloves.

:unsure: **** come to think of it I don't think I ever did ride a toy with a plastic steering wheel, did I miss an important part of childhood?

What? You never had a Big Wheel? Don't think I wore gloves on mine either though ?

Big Wheel.jpg

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom