More bad news for H-D | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

More bad news for H-D

I'm not talking about light scraping, I am talking about riding the ragged edge where hard parts are just touching but you haven't yet unweighted your rear tire and lost the back. Or are those lean angles to hard parts? If so, blech. But still hard to ride right at that edge without crashing.
My first cruiser was an M50, got it after years on standards. More than a few times I accidentally scraped and moved the rear tire sideways, it’s not hard to reach the lean limits. I didn’t have boards, just pegs. I sparked the thing so many times a ridding buddy gave me a little warning bell that hung off the frame. I scraped that off too too.

Scorpa Easy

Hence the request for definition of expert.
You want track day red group to do crazy ass trials stuff? Not gonna happen for the most part. I don't know any serious trials riders personally, but can you expect them to take corner 1 at Shannonville at 165km/h? Without track experience, pretty much a hard no.

As mentioned, expert really depends on the parameters.
Am I an expert in my graphic design field? Yes. Am I an expert in 3d animation? No freaking way, yet we both use similar tools.
In Canada the same guy is about the best we have at both trials and road courses unfortunately I don't think Jordan is on this forum regularly.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Hence the request for definition of expert.
You want track day red group to do crazy ass trials stuff? Not gonna happen for the most part. I don't know any serious trials riders personally, but can you expect them to take corner 1 at Shannonville at 165km/h? Without track experience, pretty much a hard no.

As mentioned, expert really depends on the parameters.
Am I an expert in my graphic design field? Yes. Am I an expert in 3d animation? No freaking way, yet we both use similar tools.
I don't know the track. Describe corner 1, or post an pic.

Just because your microwave is faster doesn’t mean you should throw out your grill.
I consider my father a good motorcyclist. Not because he can hop up a rock wall, or clear a 150’ double or drag pegs on a sport bike. He rides the speed limit and has for 45 years without incident. Sometimes it’s not about getting there faster.
We are in fact talking about “Street bikes” right?
My HD was a fabulous bike at what it’s intended purpose was. The biggest down fall is selection of bike for purpose.

Mt09 learner bike? Ahhh, gonna disagree there.

Why is that? It’s small, light, has very rider friendly seating position for shorter rides.
Has plenty of power that you shouldn’t get board yet is not uncontrollable.
I agree a cbr 250 is a better safer starter bike.
My point was of the few bikes that I have ridden it was the easiest to handle.
If the only thing about the bike that makes it not starter bike is the power output the problem is the rider not the bike.

Why is that? It’s small, light, has very rider friendly seating position for shorter rides.
If the only thing about the bike that makes it not starter bike is the power output the problem is the rider not the bike.
MT09 learner :ROFLMAO: oh ya, you are going to learn to ride great real fast on that one.
You realize 400 pound motorcycles that output better then a hundred horses do have very powerful brakes too,
and it has a turning radius of what? :unsure: about an eighteen foot circle!

... do ya'll realize if you lived in England or somewhere that has graduated M license restrictions,
your first street motorcycle will be limited to about 18 horsepower.

I don't think there can be such a thing as an expert motorcycle rider.

Degrees of competence, skill, and proficiency from low to high, but not expertise.
So what would you call the guy that can do a 180 degree flip turn while still on the pegs, where a person with normal riding competence, skill, and proficiency will do about a nothing degree flip turn then fall over on most every attempt?

;) Trick Monkey class rider :alien: or Alien class <- A line rider(y)

The brakes are terrible, the suspension is a soggy mess, it does not inspire confidence in the corners at speed, the fueling is mediocre at best, it will power wheelie in the first 3 gears with a sneeze and it has far too much torque for anything anyone is doing on the street.

It is by far one of the most fun bikes I've had an opportunity to ride, but it is not noob friendly.

Lets get back to the Harley bashing :LOL: if you throw a Harley into a fast corner with a fat boy on board and that POS Harley stock suspension is now naturally very near bottomed out front and back, how far did you guys say the lean angle is?

Lets get back to the Harley bashing :LOL: if you throw a Harley into a fast corner with a fat boy on board and that POS Harley stock suspension is now naturally very near bottomed out front and back, how far did you guys say the lean angle is?

Can't complain about the lean angle on my sportster.

Attachments

• IMG_3215small.jpg
    IMG_3215small.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 21
Can't complain about the lean angle on my sportster.
What is it? ... the lean angle.
When you are actually riding the bike on a corner and the suspension is compressed. None of this unladen bike in the garage crap.

If you're a Canadian you can forget about AMA events for a while and visa-versa.

What is it? ... the lean angle.
When you are actually riding the bike on a corner and the suspension is compressed. None of this unladen bike in the garage crap.

It's enough that I can't touch any hard part of the bike to the ground with my skills. How am I supposed to tell you the lean angle? Find someone who can lean the bike until the pegs touch and then get them to hold a protractor to the road while in the corner? The bike is far from stock so I can't just google specs. It has more then my 250 Ninja or ER6-n had without a doubt.

So what would you call the guy that can do a 180 degree flip turn while still on the pegs, where a person with normal riding competence, skill, and proficiency will do about a nothing degree flip turn then fall over on most every attempt?

;) Trick Monkey class rider :alien: or Alien class <- A line rider(y)
Rider A is highly skilled, perhaps an expert TRIALS rider depending how he performs at other obstacles. Does that mean he's an expert MOTO GP rider? Street rider?

An expert is, " a person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area. "

Rider B is unskilled and/or inexperienced riding a trials bike.

Rider A is highly skilled, perhaps an expert TRIALS rider depending how he performs at other obstacles. Does that mean he's an expert MOTO GP rider? Street rider?
I think it is fair to say most of the champion trials riders ride other types of motorcycles very successfully, yes.
and most are pretty darn good at motorcycle mechanics, as a necessity. Do you consider Wojo as an expert rider?

Back
Top Bottom