More bad news for H-D | GTAMotorcycle.com

More bad news for H-D

Holy ****. A $195 million profit in the same q last year. This year a loss of $95mil. That is wild.

Holy ****. A $195 million profit in the same q last year. This year a loss of $95mil. That is wild.

they cook the books, have been for years:

Harley Davidson has never been my thing, but they do have brand loyalty like no other.
The company may look different in 10 years, but I think the bikes and their riders will be much the same

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

Not quite. You still have a solid number of relatively younger biker chicks, real estate agents and dentists that need a Harley as part of their image.
Don’t forget the guys who have never ridden a motorcycle, saw Sons of Anarchy, and bought their first bike as a 1500cc Harley....seen it first hand a bunch of times now.

never owned one, went to one demo day, and really enjoyed riding each of them. if I could have multiple bikes i'd probably have one.

as for the losses, i'd imagine all 'luxury' items aren't doing so well. maybe cheaper ones like guitars and amplifiers =)

...and bought their first bike as a 1500cc Harley....seen it first hand a bunch of times now.

Had a student a few weeks ago. 90 pounds soaking wet. Had already purchased a brand new Harley fat boy as the first bike...
1868 cc, 699 pounds... Sigh...

HD took a huge hit in the 2008 recession and really is in a downward trend. It remains to be seen how the covid crisis will impact HD owners and HD wannabes over the next 2 - 3 years. Depending on what type of job you have and who you work for there are people that are minimally impacted financially and then those that will be hit very heavy. I'd say that if you were in the market for a used HD that you'll probably see many for sale over the next year or so as people sell assets to make end meet.

HD took a huge hit in the 2008 recession and really is in a downward trend. It remains to be seen how the covid crisis will impact HD owners and HD wannabes over the next 2 - 3 years. Depending on what type of job you have and who you work for there are people that are minimally impacted financially and then those that will be hit very heavy. I'd say that if you were in the market for a used HD that you'll probably see many for sale over the next year or so as people sell assets to make end meet.
I think that's one of the things the new CEO is counting on to keep dealerships afloat - lots of used machines in the pipeline.
From what I understand, Motor Company stores are even taking in non-HDs as trade ins, which they used to do only under duress.

as for the losses, i'd imagine all 'luxury' items aren't doing so well. maybe cheaper ones like guitars and amplifiers =)
Except for boats apparently....those are holding well as per the posts in the other thread.

Had a student a few weeks ago. 90 pounds soaking wet. Had already purchased a brand new Harley fat boy as the first bike...
1868 cc, 699 pounds... Sigh...

Did the exact same thing. A FatBob. Easy bike to learn on. Though I’m 180lbs. Helps a little, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and still driving motorcycles ?

I'll wait until the HOG stock hits 50 cents.

I'm sure every motorcycle company see's up's and down's...
Took me waiting for years before I bought my first HD motorcycle. Knock them all you want, but I really enjoy it, I also really enjoyed my Suzuki and my Honda as well. For me I have nothing bad to say about any brand, ride what you want and if you are happy, I'm happy. For the people that do nothing but complain and trash talk.. meh..

Back
Top Bottom